Arkansas

Zeek

7 hours ago, aubaseball said:

If not for a blown call, Auburn would have lost last year 

Not sure why ppl down vote this. Is facts.

Same for Ole Miss.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure why ppl down vote this. Is facts.

Same for Ole Miss.

Arkansas yes. Ole Miss, there was a pretty egregious block in the black penalty on what would've been a kickoff return TD.

7 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t think so.   Elay and Cooper are better.   I’m surprised that Hunter is as good of player as he is, but Ole Miss has the better backs.   Elay might be the best in the conference when healthy.   I’m not sure if I’m spelling his name right, but he is fun to watch when at 100 percent.  
Tank and Hunter are good but not as good.   I’m surprised that you think Ole Miss can’t run.   They lead the conference in rushing.    The scheme they run is very hard to defense.   

Totally wrong.

Yes Eley, and I guess you're talking about Conner, not Cooper. They don't carry the ball enough to see if they get worn down, or are as effective. Good yes, but no where near as productive as Tank and Hunter right now. 

And no, Ole Miss doesn't lead the SEC in rushing. That is Florida. OM is 4th. And what helps them is Corral b/c he is their leading rusher, not those other 2 backs.

I think their backs are good but not anywhere near as good or as productive as our guys are. 

• Thanks 1

#3 SEC in APY per attempt, #4 in QBR, 5 yards a carry, KJ definitely has the makings of a guy that we're gonna either get killed in contain or let have a high efficiency passing day.

As far as defense, Ole Miss's running scheme definitely seems more exotic than ours, although I think it can sometimes be more flashy than substantive. Corral is used far more in the designed QB running scheme and adds another dimension as a consistently elite RPO threat. I would take their running game over ours personally. Even though Texas appears to be leagues harder to defend with Casey Thompson in instead of Hudson Card, Ark did do a really formidable job of not letting the UT running game go crazy, which is notable with them having maybe the best RB in football. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Arkansas yes. Ole Miss, there was a pretty egregious block in the black penalty on what would've been a kickoff return TD.

They clearly missed Shivers touching the ball 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

They clearly missed Shivers touching the ball 

Yes. But my point is that if they had made the correct calls, we still would've won by 6 points.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

AU, Arky, OM, TAMU, and MSU are all capable of beating each other the next few weeks. All are good not great and all have looked very good and very bad at times. Playing clean, disciplined, and staying healthy will be the difference. AU could go to the Iron Bowl at 9-2, or 5-6. It’s going to be a wild ride and it starts in Fayetteville. 

I think this is accurate. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

AU, Arky, OM, TAMU, and MSU are all capable of beating each other the next few weeks. All are good not great and all have looked very good and very bad at times. Playing clean, disciplined, and staying healthy will be the difference. AU could go to the Iron Bowl at 9-2, or 5-6. It’s going to be a wild ride and it starts in Fayetteville. 

this-up.gif

And even UAT has shown vulnerability. Going into the IB 5-6 would be unacceptable but this is the CFB I've missed for a really long time.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This is going to be my biggest judgment for CBH. Going to be exciting 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

These are 4 teams where we are probably equally matched and we'll see how well we are coached.

Every game is winnable. Make a statement that we are better than every team sans Bama/UGA and end the year 9-3. It's doable

• Like 7

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

There is no way in hell we can win a shoot out with arky or ole miss.

Luckily I think we have a vastly better defense than both of those teams and it'll never get to that point. 

If I wrong, it's not even going to be a shoot out. They'll just blow is out and win by a few TDs bc we can't score enough 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AUwent said:

this-up.gif

And even UAT has shown vulnerability. Going into the IB 5-6 would be unacceptable but this is the CFB I've missed for a really long time.

I believe if we make it to the IB at 8-3, I like our chances. Tall task but there’s something about Saban teams in Jordan-Hare. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t think so.   Elay and Cooper are better.   I’m surprised that Hunter is as good of player as he is, but Ole Miss has the better backs.   Elay might be the best in the conference when healthy.   I’m not sure if I’m spelling his name right, but he is fun to watch when at 100 percent.  
Tank and Hunter are good but not as good.   I’m surprised that you think Ole Miss can’t run.   They lead the conference in rushing.    The scheme they run is very hard to defense.   

Might be a good idea to research a bit before you make posts like this.   Ole Miss is FOURTH in the league in Rushing, not first. 

Also, in the individual Rushing numbers,  Hunter is 7th and Bigsby is 8th in the league.  The first ole miss player in the rankings is at 11th and its not either of the players you  mentioned.   It's Henry Parrish.  Coral and Conner are 19th and 20th and Ealy is 28th.   Nothing in the data to support that those players are better than Hunter or Bigsby.  They aren't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Right. Auburn's season begins next Saturday. Auburn could win out until bamr. Or lose out. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe if we make it to the IB at 8-3, I like our chances. Tall task but there’s something about Saban teams in Jordan-Hare. 

Bama will be as good as UGA by IB.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Overall Auburn has better players than Arkansas. If both teams play good, Auburn's good beats Arkansas' good

We may have better players but must also play like it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Luckily I think we have a vastly better defense than both of those teams and it'll never get to that point. 

If I wrong, it's not even going to be a shoot out. They'll just blow is out and win by a few TDs bc we can't score enough 

Unfortunately I agree. They will beat us passing on our secondary which isn't improving.

12 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I don’t think it’s possible to magically get the drops under control in one week but we do still need to throw past the los and get downfield more. I’d like to see the TE’s even more. I’d be fed up with the others guys if I were Bo/Harsin/Bobo 

Throw to the TEs more and voila, defense has to allocate resources to cover them.  WRs worried about being demoted, suddenly get open with regularity. Everybody wins!!

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Throw to the TEs more and voila, defense has to allocate resources to cover them.  WRs worried about being demoted, suddenly get open with regularity. Everybody wins!!

Shenker’s been dropping passes too. It ain’t just the receivers 

If our receivers can catch the football we should win. Sounds silly but it’s true. Keep drives alive and Auburn will be in a good position to win. 

Huge game for Harsin. How will his team respond? They should be out for blood.