Arkansas

Zeek

Dead on. If the receivers can miraculously learn to catch this week we will make a run at ATL. Harsin should be at the intermural fields finding guys with hands. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:07 AM, Zeek said:

Jefferson had a great passing game this week but isn't typically a major threat.

Have you seen our pass defense? Any QB files as a major threat

• Haha 3

On 10/10/2021 at 6:07 AM, Zeek said:

It's going to be about stopping the run. Jefferson had a great passing game this week but isn't typically a major threat.

Ole Miss ran 324 yards on Arkansas with a lesser rushing attack than ours. This isn't a game we can afford to overlook though.

We have to be able to rely on our run game and develop it even when it's tough sledding.

Gotta get the drops under control and we have to be willing to throw past the LOS. Need this win bad so the season doesn't get out of hand. Doesn't get much easier from here.

Why would you say arky's QB isn't a threat? Is he hurt?

• Like 1

Which of our starters are out for Covid or injury that we know about?

That will be a factor (either way).   

Looks like their QB is now healthy...

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Which of our starters are out for Covid or

Is there a new covid outbreak?

On 10/10/2021 at 9:36 AM, aubaseball said:

And that’s not speculation, that’s fact.  

Another fact is that our roster, with all its faults, is more talented than Arkansas and the same applies to Ole Miss, but for the QB and WR position.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, clwn said:

Agreed. I only see 2 games left where we should win and will win if we don't get in our own way. That's Miss. St. and South Carolina. That leaves us 6-6. Arkansas and Ole Miss should be scaring our fans more than it seems like it is. 

The same miss st that beat TAM last week before TAM beat uat this week and did it in their home stadium? Is that a game you count as a sure win? I think if we lose to Ark we might we finish 5-7 and maybe even 4-8 since we play USC East at their house and we haven’t been strong on the road. 🤔

12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The same miss st that beat TAM last week before TAM beat uat this week and did it in their home stadium? Is that a game you count as a sure win? I think if we lose to Ark we might we finish 5-7 and maybe even 4-8 since we play USC East at their house and we haven’t been strong on the road. 🤔

Also the same Miss St team that lost to the LSU team we just beat and team that was down 3 scores to LA Tech. They're pretty bipolar and really not that great. I like our chances like said if we don't get in our own way.

11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Poorly closeted Bamzo alert 

Not sure how you arrived at that, but I guess setting a football on the ground and walking away from it was a good call by the refs.   It was a blown call that Auburn benefited from.   And it was practically with no time left on the clock.   There was no way Auburn was going to win the game, except from the outcome of the call.   

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Another fact is that our roster, with all its faults, is more talented than Arkansas and the same applies to Ole Miss, but for the QB and WR position.

Well, I agree that we have better talent on defense than either of those teams.   Offensively, I think we are even with Arkansas and  less than Ole Sis.   If every offensive player on  Auburn went in the transfer portal to ole miss, maybe tank would start (but I’m not certain if Ealy is fully healthy) but no other would beat what ole miss already puts on the field 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Is there a new covid outbreak?

No, I did not mean to imply such.    Could be just one person or several any given week, so just asking.

• Like 1

Really have no idea what to think about this game. If Arkansas doesn't do a better job at containing the QB run game than they did against Corral then Nix will have a field day. Our LBs aren't built to keep up with athletic QBs. Glad we'll have Treylon Burks available this year though.

11 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Really have no idea what to think about this game. 

Same. Could go either way in a hurry or be neck and neck. Really hard to get a read on either team from week to week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Really have no idea what to think about this game. If Arkansas doesn't do a better job at containing the QB run game than they did against Corral then Nix will have a field day. Our LBs aren't built to keep up with athletic QBs. Glad we'll have Treylon Burks available this year though.

If it was me I'd say don't stress on being right on top of wr's just be in the vicinity.  And welcome throws on the run. Understand the benefits of it but also understand the weakness of it. 

That's what I hope they tell our guys at least. It's a big difference between corral and other QB 's. Corral has a crazy strong arm. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Well, I agree that we have better talent on defense than either of those teams.   Offensively, I think we are even with Arkansas and  less than Ole Sis.   If every offensive player on  Auburn went in the transfer portal to ole miss, maybe tank would start (but I’m not certain if Ealy is fully healthy) but no other would beat what ole miss already puts on the field 

I actually think we have a better Center and TEs in general, but you aren't wrong in that assessment. 

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I actually think we have a better Center and TEs in general, but you aren't wrong in that assessment. 

The difference is that we are not playing up to our potential ....   yet.

• Like 1

The one key on defense is we HAVE to make Jefferson uncomfortable throwing the ball, and at the same time, don't over press from our DEs or he will scramble.

On offense we need to run the ball better, and allow Bo to play action. If they shut our run game down, or we decide we need to get pass heavy, it could be a bad day in Arkansas.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

The one key on defense is we HAVE to make Jefferson uncomfortable throwing the ball, and at the same time, don't over press from our DEs or he will scramble.

Feel like we're going to see the same offensive game plan vs PSU.  We're going to rush 3 with the intent on keeping Jefferson in front of the DL and not giving him massive holes to scramble.  Hoping we can cover well enough and maybe get enough pressure with 3 DL.  Not sure that's going to work

We have to be on our game enough to not allow their defensive scheme to do to us what it did to Texas.  If we struggle to score early, the crowd will give them some extra juice. 

I hope Tank can bust it open this weekend. He hasn’t always had holes but great RB’s make plays regardless. Kinda not feeling all that great about him right now. 

I’m not bearish on Tank but I want to see better performances from him. The RB’s need to contribute as much as possible. 

I think the Arky game will determine where we are this year. Against Georgia we lost to a better team but we were competitive and what stopped us from being more competitive was mistakes with Dropped passes being biggest issue. We know we have O-Line issues but the game plan against Georgia allowed us to utilize short passing game to help there but drops killed us.  

Arky game will be two middle of the pack teams, we get to see if we can correct mistakes enough to beat this team. If answer is no we will probably be 6-6 if answer is yes we can show we are a solid middle tier SEC team where we have a couple of toss-up games that will determine our record for the year.  

• Like 1

Total rando post but didn't want to start a new thread. Harsin, from his presser today. When completely normal, innocuous comments sound like a head coach shivving an entire position group:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Got a couple additional things that could swing things around. First, the game is at 11am, and no one likes playing at 11am...Second, Arkansas lost a very close one last week. This could either fire them up to get a big win at home, or they could be demoralized and come out flat. One thing I think will happen is that Auburn will come out flat, because you mix 11am and away game and thats the typical response...