Love Pearl but not a fan of the shirtless look

Scribe Tiger

I guess I'm too old-fashioned or something, but I remember when a 61-year-old man, a leader of young men, was expected to maintain a base-level of decorum. Stripping off your shirt and screaming at the camera is just low-rent. That's some Mike Gundy/Ed Orgeron-level stuff right there, straight out of pro wrestling -- or the trailer park, take your pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 7
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 11

1 hour ago, Scribe Tiger said:

I guess I'm too old-fashioned or something, but I remember when a 61-year-old man, a leader of young men, was expected to maintain a base-level of decorum. Stripping off your shirt and screaming at the camera is just low-rent. That's some Mike Gundy/Ed Orgeron-level stuff right there, straight out of pro wrestling -- or the trailer park, take your pick. 

Oh good grief. Perhaps he should be Gene Hackman in “Hoosiers”. Wear a three piece suit and be super stoic. Bruce Pearl is probably the best thing to happen to AUburn sports in nearly a hundred years or more. This is his personality and this is what the recruits of today love as well as his current players. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is what I have to say to the OP. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

I swear some people will find anything to bitch and moan about. I wish I would have that amount of energy and life at the age of 61. The fans love him, his players love him, and the recruits will love him for this. Bruce Pearl is the best coach we have at Auburn and it's not even close.

Edit: my bad, I said a dirty word. Even more stuff for the pearl (pun intended) clutchers to complain about.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

200.gif.e8f225e3600959cc4ae4dab9b13102d3.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

This is what I have to say to the OP. 

Well now if the girl in front of Bruce had taken off......................................:-[ j/k j/k

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Love Pearl but not a fan of the shirtless look
28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well now if the girl in front of Bruce had taken off......................................:-[ j/k j/k

I don’t think Coach Prewitt would approve. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I don’t think Coach Prewitt would approve. 

I thought that was Madi.

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Low rent? Pearl has earned his place here. If you look at all his players around him when he did that, his players love him, period.

You have to know his personality, and this fits Pearl. Once you know that, then it all fits, even at Auburn.

As a young athlete, I didn't want a coach who acted like the kids. I wanted a coach who acted like an adult. I'm obviously in the vast minority. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Oh good grief. Perhaps he should be Gene Hackman in “Hoosiers”. Wear a three piece suit and be super stoic. Bruce Pearl is probably the best thing to happen to AUburn sports in nearly a hundred years or more. This is his personality and this is what the recruits of today love as well as his current players. 

Hackman wore a lot of ties, coats and even some sweater vests while portraying that character but I don't remember the first three-piece suit. He was portraying a man of modest means who nonetheless felt compelled to dress the part of a man reporting for work. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

Hackman wore a lot of ties, coats and even some sweater vests while portraying that character but I don't remember the first three-piece suit. He was portraying a man of modest means who nonetheless felt compelled to dress the part of a man reporting for work. 

image.gif.6723420ba51366976032110506af9ff3.gif

image.gif.d1a41133f2328ab7fef1032a541c3288.gif

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

As a young athlete, I didn't want a coach who acted like the kids. I wanted a coach who acted like an adult. I'm obviously in the vast minority. 

Scribe, there is no need for you to justify your feelings.  They are what they are.  That said, I am willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of AU folks thought it was great!!  Pearl is full of life and does not have two feet in a grave.  He is enjoying life, as folks should do.  I thought what he did was fantastic!

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Now I want him shirtless when they build the statue…

Now we need to draw a line...I think I would cringe walking by a shirtless coach next to the Barkley statue. :)

On 10/10/2021 at 1:59 PM, Scribe Tiger said:

i bet the kids love it. and hey....at least he did not have nipple rings so there is that   lol

I bet you’re fun at parties. If you get invited to any. Geez 

• Haha 1