3* OL Drew Bobo Commits to uga

Zeek

18 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Would be tough staying at the place that just fired your Pops but stranger things have happened. Depends on how it ended and potential discussions that may have been had between the Bobo’s and Harsin. I’d love to have him onboard but if I were betting $$ this would seem an obvious no go. 

Another way to think about this:

• Where did he a commit-able offer from?   Thuga?   I doubt it was a commit-able offer.  
  • It is late in the recruiting cycle. 
  • His dad is being paid for the next 2 seasons....maybe they sit tight for a year and don't move, let the dust settle.   It's not like he is persona non-grata.  Bobo did make a lot of improvements, but also some strategic mistakes that cost him his job.
  • I think we may be his best SEC offer.
    • I don't know that to be true. 
    • what does "best" mean?   Well....

I think this sounds strange, but I have a feeling he stays in the class. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Another way to think about this:

• Where did he a commit-able offer from?   Thuga?   I doubt it was a commit-able offer.  
  • It is late in the recruiting cycle. 
  • His dad is being paid for the next 2 seasons....maybe they sit tight for a year and don't move, let the dust settle.   It's not like he is persona non-grata.  Bobo did make a lot of improvements, but also some strategic mistakes that cost him his job.
  • I think we may be his best SEC offer.
    • I don't know that to be true. 
    • what does "best" mean?   Well....

I think this sounds strange, but I have a feeling he stays in the class. 

I am not sure I agree with all you say as I think he did have a commit-able offer from Thuga but I hope you are right as I think he will be a great SEC Center in the future. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Who?

Any chance Drew walks in starting at Center if he stays?

Surely there is a chance. How much of a chance will not be known until class is complete.

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Who is in line to be our center next year?

I'm guessing we're going portal there. If not I'd assume a Tate Johnson/Avery Jernigan battle. If Irvin couldn't beat out Brahms for three years it seems unlikely he's an SEC starting caliber center

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Who is in line to be our center next year?

Brahms is considering staying and using his covid year. So, he may be our '22 center.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Brahms is considering staying and using his covid year. So, he may be our '22 center.

That'd be big

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That'd be big

Well, I guess he knows how to make the calls. It's hard to see how  true freshman would be better.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well, I guess he knows how to make the calls. It's hard to see how  true freshman would be better.

I think Jenrigan is probably the future at C

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think Kentucky was our strongest competition for Bobo although I think he had a legacy offer at UGA. Playing time at Georgia would be tough for an underrated 3*. Not a popular thing to say but UK is not a step down from Auburn right now. Kentucky would be my guess, but I hope he stays at Auburn when the dust settles. However, If Friend leaves I would expect Drew to flip.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That'd be big

Big for what? I love Brahms' mind and his work ethic. I don't love Brahms' ability to block other large people from hitting the QB or RB in the backfield. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Big for what? I love Brahms' mind and his work ethic. I don't love Brahms' ability to block other large people from hitting the QB or RB in the backfield. 

katena-sarcasm-tbv-sarcasm.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

COME ON, McGu!

Every time I see an update in this thread I run to see if it is where he has said he is staying or going somewhere else. I want him to stay but have no feel either way. I do think the longer he waits to say something is to our advantage. That is my opinion not based on fact. To me it means he did not immediately react to his Dad being let loose and just de-commit which means he must have some desire to remain with us. 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:41 AM, autan said:

I think Kentucky was our strongest competition for Bobo although I think he had a legacy offer at UGA. Playing time at Georgia would be tough for an underrated 3*. Not a popular thing to say but UK is not a step down from Auburn right now. Kentucky would be my guess, but I hope he stays at Auburn when the dust settles. However, If Friend leaves I would expect Drew to flip.

What is the possibility of Friend getting his.walking papers?

I don't know but we seem to be at a critical time right now with a lot of OL recruits. I don't think firing CWF would be a good move. However our rivals are probably using that possibility against us. Our insiders probably have much better info. My words are just based on a hunch.

• Like 1