2022 4* DL Khurtiss Perry

WFE12

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think I just wanted to argue with you because I never have before and wanted to see how it would go. I think it went well!

Now that’s funny. I don’t care who you are. That’s funny right there 😂

On 10/11/2021 at 4:06 PM, Zeek said:

Maybe I'm too prideful but momma didn't raise me to accept being a second choice. 

Exactly.  Third choice is where it is at.

amen-anchorman.gif.3495184a0ff5d12338b3bb401512462b.gif

On 10/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Their loss if he does. He’s super talented 

He is very talented, but I agree, they will probably only take him if they miss on one or two, and I dont think that will happen.  

Plus, look at what their prototypical DL are.  Tall and lean on the outside and behemoths on the inside, he is a tweener for them.  

Thats just how good they are now.

WE, we would take in a heart beat and be very happy.  

19 hours ago, trinidad tiger said:

He is very talented, but I agree, they will probably only take him if they miss on one or two, and I dont think that will happen.  

Plus, look at what their prototypical DL are.  Tall and lean on the outside and behemoths on the inside, he is a tweener for them.  

Thats just how good they are now.

WE, we would take in a heart beat and be very happy.  

Well they haven’t looked very good this season to be so good 

4-star in-state standout: 'I have so much love for Auburn'

By JASON CALDWELL Oct 23, 6:36 AM

PIKE ROAD, Alabama—One of the top players in Alabama for the 2022 class, 4-star defensive lineman Khurtiss Perry was determined to make his senior night against Greenville a game to remember and he did just that with a dominating performance at the line of scrimmage in a 44-0 win to keep the Patriots undefeated.

“It’s just a blessing,” Perry said of the win. “Just knowing it was senior night and another chance at home, this game felt special. I just had to go out with a bang. It made me so proud to see 44 on the board (his number) and we got a shutout. That’s great. It can’t get any better.”

The top-ranked team in Class 5A, Pike Road expected to get a test from No. 9 Greenville, but it never materialized. Following an opening drive touchdown run by quarterback Iverson Hooks, one of his three on the night, Perry made back-to-back big plays in the Greenville backfield to force a punt. Another quick score made it 14-0 and it was all over but the shouting.

“I feel like that first and second drive was what it was going to take for us,” Perry said. “We felt like after that they weren’t going to be able to hang with us tonight.”

Recently narrowing his list down to a final five of Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Texas and UCF, Perry had the chance to see Auburn up close and personal recently when he was on campus for the Georgia game. It was another opportunity for him to continue building his relationship with Coach Bryan Harsin and his staff, something that Perry said is going very well.

“It’s great,” Perry said. “I have a great bond with Coach Harsin, Coach (Nick) Eason, Coach (Derek) Mason and Coach Zac (Etheridge). I like their defensive staff, it’s great. They are recruiting me so hard and I have so much love for Auburn. Marcus (Harris) is my brother up there, so we’ve got a very close bond.”

Auburn has shown some good things this season and especially in the last month with wins over LSU and Arkansas on the road moving the Tigers to 5-2 for their bye week. Perry said seeing them have success is a big deal for him.

“That’s tough,” he said. “It shows me that they can face adversity. I feel like that’s one of my top places in my top five. They’ve showed me that I can play there. I like the defensive scheme.”

Perry will have another opportunity to see what Auburn is all about when he returns in just over a month for his official visit the weekend of the Iron Bowl game against Alabama. Already with a good feel for the Tigers, he said he can’t wait to see what that weekend is like.

“I know it’s going to be so tough because of the history with that game,” Perry said. “I’m ready for it.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paladin said:

4-star in-state standout: 'I have so much love for Auburn'

By JASON CALDWELL Oct 23, 6:36 AM

PIKE ROAD, Alabama—One of the top players in Alabama for the 2022 class, 4-star defensive lineman Khurtiss Perry was determined to make his senior night against Greenville a game to remember and he did just that with a dominating performance at the line of scrimmage in a 44-0 win to keep the Patriots undefeated.

“It’s just a blessing,” Perry said of the win. “Just knowing it was senior night and another chance at home, this game felt special. I just had to go out with a bang. It made me so proud to see 44 on the board (his number) and we got a shutout. That’s great. It can’t get any better.”

The top-ranked team in Class 5A, Pike Road expected to get a test from No. 9 Greenville, but it never materialized. Following an opening drive touchdown run by quarterback Iverson Hooks, one of his three on the night, Perry made back-to-back big plays in the Greenville backfield to force a punt. Another quick score made it 14-0 and it was all over but the shouting.

“I feel like that first and second drive was what it was going to take for us,” Perry said. “We felt like after that they weren’t going to be able to hang with us tonight.”

Recently narrowing his list down to a final five of Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Texas and UCF, Perry had the chance to see Auburn up close and personal recently when he was on campus for the Georgia game. It was another opportunity for him to continue building his relationship with Coach Bryan Harsin and his staff, something that Perry said is going very well.

“It’s great,” Perry said. “I have a great bond with Coach Harsin, Coach (Nick) Eason, Coach (Derek) Mason and Coach Zac (Etheridge). I like their defensive staff, it’s great. They are recruiting me so hard and I have so much love for Auburn. Marcus (Harris) is my brother up there, so we’ve got a very close bond.”

Auburn has shown some good things this season and especially in the last month with wins over LSU and Arkansas on the road moving the Tigers to 5-2 for their bye week. Perry said seeing them have success is a big deal for him.

“That’s tough,” he said. “It shows me that they can face adversity. I feel like that’s one of my top places in my top five. They’ve showed me that I can play there. I like the defensive scheme.”

Perry will have another opportunity to see what Auburn is all about when he returns in just over a month for his official visit the weekend of the Iron Bowl game against Alabama. Already with a good feel for the Tigers, he said he can’t wait to see what that weekend is like.

“I know it’s going to be so tough because of the history with that game,” Perry said. “I’m ready for it.”

"They are recruiting me so hard and I have so much love for Auburn."

We just got the kiss of death comment. :laugh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

"They are recruiting me so hard and I have so much love for Auburn."

We just got the kiss of death comment. :laugh:

Next up, a tatoo

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2

On 10/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, gr82b4au said:

I know he is leaning to Alabama, but we have to win battles like this one. Just winning a few of these would help us turn around the program quicker. 

It's been pretty disappointing that he's skipped our two big home games for other schools.  He bailed on UGA and now he's bailing this weekend to go to Clemson.

Maybe he's saving it for the Iron Bowl or he's been here enough and is just trying to go to other schools

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's been pretty disappointing that he's skipped our two big home games for other schools.  He bailed on UGA and now he's bailing this weekend to go to Clemson.

Maybe he's saving it for the Iron Bowl or he's been here enough and is just trying to go to other schools

One of the “insiders” on rivals says that this is a longshot. Of course we are still recruiting him but as of right now he is not coming to Auburn. 

• Thanks 1

Pike Road plays my alma mater in two weeks for round 1 of the playoffs. I'm thinking of going, and even if I don't, one of the players' dad broadcasts the games on Facebook, so I'll almost certainly be watching it.

Not that I'm any kind of superb talent scout or anything, but it'll be nice to get a look at the kid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Word is he doesn't have great transportation and has to depend on others for rides. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AUBigCat said:

Word is he doesn't have great transportation and has to depend on others for rides. 

If he can get rides to Clemson and other distant places, it looks like he could get a ride to AU if he was the least bit interested.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

If he can get rides to Clemson and other distant places, it looks like he could get a ride to AU if he was the least bit interested.

i thought this same thing but wasn't sure if should post it or not....did not want to slight the kid.  but i do agree

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

i thought this same thing but wasn't sure if should post it or not....did not want to slight the kid.  but i do agree

Eh, it's no slight to him. Nothing wrong with the kid just preferring other programs. And it's understandable if he felt like he had to get creative with his excuse so as not to hurt feelings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Eh, it's no slight to him. Nothing wrong with the kid just preferring other programs. And it's understandable if he felt like he had to get creative with his excuse so as not to hurt feelings. 

Hasn't he been to AU many times on unofficial visits?  Is he taking his officials to Clemson, Georgia, etc?  He has only 1 official to each school including Auburn and I assume he will take it for the Iron Bowl?  Can anyone answer these questions please?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

I guess you've never had to depend on rides from other people. If the people (I'm assuming other recruits/teammates) aren't going to Auburn, then you aren't going to Auburn. It's not Uber. You don't really get to pick the destination. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1