2022 4* DL Khurtiss Perry

WFE12

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He's started making plays the last couple games. Impressive plays.

We'll need JJP to eat blocks like Fair did since Fair is out of eligibility

11 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

We'll need JJP to eat blocks like Fair did since Fair is out of eligibility

That's will be Wright's role

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigbird said:

That's will be Wright's role

One play JJ tracked down a RB/WR laterally and tackled them on the sideline. Watching the replay I was like "surely he didn't make that play coming all the way out from the DT spot". But. He did. Dude is so quick. 

He's too athletic to just eat blocks. I think he'll be a guy who makes a lot of tackles and frustrates IOL.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

AU really needs to establish that hour drive radius again to include Montgomery, Columbus, Phenix City, etc.    There’s been a lot of big dogs in this circle that have gone elsewhere in the past 10-15 yrs without even having AU be a consideration.  This is one of those key recruits close by. 

Auburn has always been better when the Dline comes from south Alabama with a few others here and and there. I do not know why.

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

He don't look too happy.

that's the look a lot of kids give these days

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

that's the look a lot of kids give these days

Why?

He got British teeth or something?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Why?

He got British teeth or something?

IDK...I see it a lot with the high schoolers I deal with on the bass fishing circuit. It's a thing with them to not smile....look intense 

22 hours ago, AUght2win said:

One play JJ tracked down a RB/WR laterally and tackled them on the sideline. Watching the replay I was like "surely he didn't make that play coming all the way out from the DT spot". But. He did. Dude is so quick. 

He's too athletic to just eat blocks. I think he'll be a guy who makes a lot of tackles and frustrates IOL.

I can see JJ as a Nick Fairly type by senior year if we can keep him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

IDK...I see it a lot with the high schoolers I deal with on the bass fishing circuit. It's a thing with them to not smile....look intense 

I've noticed that.  Don;t get it.

How can  you not be thrilled when you are being pursued like a rock star? Enjoy it.  It is fleeting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

How can  you not be thrilled when you are being pursued like a rock star? Enjoy it.  It is fleeting.

I have never liked smiling for pictures. I smile all the time in real life and natural pictures I'm always smiling, but just standing and posing for a camera has never been my thing. All my pics look like a prison photo.

Yeah, JW will be that NT taking on 2 blockers to open up opportunities for JJP to make the ridiculously athletic plays.   Wooden has done very well this year, and maybe🤞🙏 Brooks is going to be that edge rusher we’ve been missing for years!   And we’re developing depth behind those guys.  I like our DL moving forward.   

• Like 3

My main concern here has been that he’s a plant but since it doesn’t sound like UAT is that interested my concern is that they’ll do the same crap they pulled with Kwon Alexander (his final planned visit is Texas).

Edited by AUwent

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

My main concern here has been that he’s a plant but since it doesn’t sound like UAT is that interested my concern is that they’ll do the same crap they pulled with Kwon Alexander (his final planned visit is Texas).

Maybe he realized that bama doesn't want him and what he saw in Iron Bowl convinced him to come to the good guys. He saw some great D-Line play in that game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, JW will be that NT taking on 2 blockers to open up opportunities for JJP to make the ridiculously athletic plays.   Wooden has done very well this year, and maybe🤞🙏 Brooks is going to be that edge rusher we’ve been missing for years!   And we’re developing depth behind those guys.  I like our DL moving forward.   

Hall had an great game against bama also as did Leota. Most of our Best D-line players will return next year then add in the two Freshman that Redshirted plus any new players who are good enough to get some PT as true freshman and we should be fine at D-Line. Like everybody else it is the other side of the line that has me worried. We Need the Portal to be good to us this year on the O-line.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Hall had an great game against bama also as did Leota. Most of our Best D-line players will return next year then add in the two Freshman that Redshirted plus any new players who are good enough to get some PT as true freshman and we should be fine at D-Line. Like everybody else it is the other side of the line that has me worried. We Need the Portal to be good to us this year on the O-line.

Yep!   Hall has done well and been a beast at times.   Leota has done well too (especially bama like you said).  The entire DL is shaping up nicely!!!   A very good DL will help a lot with the LBs and DBs, and I think they’re going to need the help!!!

As for OL, I’ve only got one word, “portal”!!!   I’m really hoping we land at least 3 legit solid OL from the portal!

On 11/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, AUGoo said:

Dude, they’re teenagers. They’re dumb as hell for the most part. He’s probably trying to look hard. Don’t read too much into it. 

• Like 2

I don't care if he is smiling, laughing, grimacing or crying in his picture as long as he signs with us. Some people are making to much of a picture.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:21 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I just don't see the portal as being the answer to our problems on the OL. I hope I'm wrong.