2022 4* DL Khurtiss Perry

WFE12

24 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

He is not coming to AU. Heard from someone close to him. I’m not an insider at all and hope I’m wrong though. All bama 

I think most AU fans and coaches realize that he is going to Alabama. We are still fighting for him but it was always an uphill battle, especially now that Alabama has decided that they really want him. It would have been the biggest recruiting upset of the last few years if he went to AU. 
10 years of this… a decade of getting whoever they want. Sobering thought… 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

10 years of this… a decade of getting whoever they want. Sobering thought… 

UTx is gonna be doing the same thing starting next year. $800k/OL/4yr why would you sign anywhere else?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

UTx is gonna be doing the same thing starting next year. $800k/OL/4yr why would you sign anywhere else?

We're starting to separate the have's from the have nots.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fishepa said:

We're starting to separate the have's from the have nots.

I encourage you to look at 247's class rankings going back the last 10 years. The top 20s each year are almost indistinguishable from each other. Mostly just slight rearrangement of the same names, with the occasional guest appearance from a UCLA or UTk. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

All you guys who were so happy these kids were finally “ getting paid”. How do you like what bird said? NIL just makes the bamas of the world harder to compete against. We are gonna pine for the days when a free education( it’s called “college football” for a reason) was what a talented kid could expect from a university to have the privilege of showing his talents to the NFL. Then, if good enough, he could get paid( it’s called professional football for a reason)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

$800,000 per year would be hard to sustain I think.  If all 85 signees get that, this would mean A&M would have an outlfow of $68 million to their players annually.  Even if it is jus the top half of these kids getting paid, it is still a staggering $34 million.  I just don't see that, especially once we see some of these kids not panning out, like Dr. Pepper learned the hard way with Clemson's DJ Uiagalelei.

Tim Watts, The BOL reporter, says Perry is just building drama and Watts is confident he signs with Bama.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Tim Watts, The BOL reporter, says Perry is just building drama and Watts is confident he signs with Bama.

No surprise here. I always thought he was toying with Auburn. Will be interesting to see if Woodyard actually signs with the Tigers.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

$800,000 per year would be hard to sustain I think.  If all 85 signees get that, this would mean A&M would have an outlfow of $68 million to their players annually.  Even if it is jus the top half of these kids getting paid, it is still a staggering $34 million.  I just don't see that, especially once we see some of these kids not panning out, like Dr. Pepper learned the hard way with Clemson's DJ Uiagalelei.

50,000 per year per OL for 4 years. 

Just now, bigbird said:

50,000 per year per OL for 4 years. 

Oh gotcha.  I misread what you posted.  That is a little more reasonable, although I could see this become a bidding war.

I still predict this will be more and more expensive for a few years and then will level out with the expectation of the perceived generational talents where schools will pay whatever it takes.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

How about Quinn Ewers getting $1 mil from OSU, then transferring. 

• Like 2

For years we’ve lamented about not having a new football performance center. Then we build one for $100 million and now it’s all about the NIL. 🤦🏻‍♂️

We need to replay the tape of sacking alabama 7 times. Damn saban. Maybe we'll have a shot when he hits the transfer Portal

Edited by Randman5000

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree. I just don’t understand why AU is not on top of this NIL thing. We always just react. 

• Like 1

Nick gets his kicks from seeing Auburn spend a lot of time and resources on one of his recruits and come up empty. New staff probably has some learning about how vicious recruiting can be, especially when we're going up against UAT or UGA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, autan said:

Nick gets his kicks from seeing Auburn spend a lot of time and resources on one of his recruits and come up empty. New staff probably has some learning about how vicious recruiting can be, especially when we're going up against UAT or UGA.

I am confident they will catch on and make them better.  I think Coach Mason has already been exposed to this and is not as naïve as the fanbase is.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He got the money from OSU? Thought that was illegal.

From whoever set up the NIL. I should’ve been clearer. 

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree. I just don’t understand why AU is not on top of this NIL thing. We always just react. 

I'm with you.  This was a tremendous opportunity and it feels like Auburn got caught with the battery at 3%, looking for a charger.  It kind of reminds me of when Chizik started the Tiger Trail, or whatever the bus thing was called.  Jacobs was doing interviews, patting himself on the back, talking about how it was "Marketing 101."  I was kind of embarrassed for him.  He's the head of a multi-million dollar enterprise and he's talking about adopting concepts from an entry-level business class.  Actually, is there even a Marketing 101?  Seems like marketing classes would start in the 2-300's.

WDE!

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

From whoever set up the NIL. I should’ve been clearer. 

I was being facetious anyway. I believe he got that due to being #1qb recruit. He left HS bc he could not take advantage of the offers he had. His will probably follow him no matter where he goes.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I was fussing about this in a different thread. Auburn consistently falls behind on keeping up with the times and that’s why we can’t play with the big boys. This NIL thing only leveled the playing field between schools that Auburn use to get the nod over due to name and reputation.

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

image.png

He was a coach that I definitely respected. He also thinks that while he got very wealthy at this thing called College Football. He was a classy coach as far as I know. Unfortunately if the system would have moved on it’s own, the players would not have had to move the needle in the way they have.

• Like 1