2022 4* DL Khurtiss Perry

WFE12

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree. I just don’t understand why AU is not on top of this NIL thing. We always just react. 

Like I have said before, Auburn spends more time putting out fires than preventing them.

• Like 1

I was starting to get this warm fuzzy feeling about recruiting. I want to try and develop the mindset, if this is the biggest thing I have to worry about the rest of my life, I've got it made. :party:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jluvah said:

All you guys who were so happy these kids were finally “ getting paid”. How do you like what bird said? NIL just makes the bamas of the world harder to compete against. We are gonna pine for the days when a free education( it’s called “college football” for a reason) was what a talented kid could expect from a university to have the privilege of showing his talents to the NFL. Then, if good enough, he could get paid( it’s called professional football for a reason)

Well said!!

21 hours ago, jluvah said:

All you guys who were so happy these kids were finally “ getting paid”. How do you like what bird said? NIL just makes the bamas of the world harder to compete against. We are gonna pine for the days when a free education( it’s called “college football” for a reason) was what a talented kid could expect from a university to have the privilege of showing his talents to the NFL. Then, if good enough, he could get paid( it’s called professional football for a reason)

If chemistry students were annually bringing in millions of dollars to a school, you best believe they would have figured out how to get their share while in college.  Capitalism is the American way after all. So yea I won't be pining for those days as long as schools are paying coaches $7M+ per year to coach (or not coach) based off of potential talent. Auburn will figure it out or we'll become a gymnastics/equestrian/soccer school.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AUBigCat said:

If chemistry students were annually bringing in millions of dollars to a school, you best believe they would have figured out how to get their share while in college.  Capitalism is the American way after all. So yea I won't be pining for those days as long as schools are paying coaches $7M+ per year to coach (or not coach) based off of potential talent. Auburn will figure it out or we'll become a gymnastics/equestrian/soccer school.

If they are smart enough in chemistry ( you know, kind of like good enough in football) they get just what the football player gets. A SCHOLARSHIP! Only the chemistry student doesn’t get FREE MEALS and FREE ROOM AND BOARD. And $400/ month spending money! I know, I have 2 kids there on academic scholarships now, and I’m damn fortunate mine are on scholarship or I’d be paying a boatload every semester. So these football players have/ had it pretty damn good if you ask me.

Oh, and I’m still paying a boatload every semester in food and housing

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 6

Staff is trying to get an in-home visit done this week before the dead period. Seems like we're trying to get a last second push. Alabama is still trying to make this difficult but I like where Auburn sits. This is probably a 60/40 split in our advantage right now. If we get the in-home visit I think that percentage slants in our favor. 

Believe he will sign December 15th

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Staff is trying to get an in-home visit done this week before the dead period. Seems like we're trying to get a last second push. Alabama is still trying to make this difficult but I like where Auburn sits. This is probably a 60/40 split in our advantage right now. If we get the in-home visit I think that percentage slants in our favor. 

Believe he will sign December 15th

Can’t get my hopes up anymore but wow that would be huge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Can’t get my hopes up anymore but wow that would be huge 

If the visit happens I feel confident.

If he ***** foots around and can't get it scheduled then he's a bama troll.

That is kind of how I am looking at it right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

If the visit happens I feel confident.

If he ***** foots around and can't get it scheduled then he's a bama troll.

That is kind of how I am looking at it right now.

He should go the extra step and get an AU tattoo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Saban visits him today and Harsin goes tomorrow 

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Harsin must have been to his house.  Hope this means it went well.

Harsin got there after Gus left this morning lol. Also interesting is the fact that his tweets for the saban and Gus visits are the same copy paste tweets saying great in home visit but he tweets this for us.

Edited by WFE12

39 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Harsin got there after Gus left this morning lol. Also interesting is the fact that his tweets for the saban and Gus visits are the same copy paste tweets saying great in home visit but he tweets this for us.

Hopefully the two of them shook hands on the way out, maybe scheduled a date to get some crumpets and talk head coaching 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:24 AM, AUBigCat said:

What you and every other person who liked your post don't understand is that elite graduate students DO bring in millions in research dollars, and sometimes much, much more in money for technologies developed. Look at university research $ vs TV contracts. US universities brought in $83.7B in research funding in 2019, which is about 30x TOTAL athletic department revenues for universities. Add up all the TV contracts, NCAA revenue, etc, and you get a total figure of around $2-$3B. Go ahead. Add them up. 

I was personally responsible for a few million $ of contract wins when I was a grad student circa 1991, working 100 hour weeks between studies and managing research programs. So all of you who want to put athletes up on a pedestal "because they bring in $" and "work soooooo hard" need a reality check. Major college sports will get one soon enough. Cash will flow fast and deep until the new wears off. Then it won't any more outside of around 10 or so very wealthy programs. AU won't be one of them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

What you and every other person who liked your post don't understand is that elite graduate students DO bring in millions in research dollars, and sometimes much, much more in money for technologies developed. Look at university research $ vs TV contracts. US universities brought in $83.7B in research funding in 2019, which is about 30x TOTAL athletic department revenues for universities. Add up all the TV contracts, NCAA revenue, etc, and you get a total figure of around $2-$3B. Go ahead. Add them up. 

I was personally responsible for a few million $ of contract wins when I was a grad student circa 1991, working 100 hour weeks between studies and managing research programs. So all of you who want to put athletes up on a pedestal "because they bring in $" and "work soooooo hard" need a reality check. Major college sports will get one soon enough. Cash will flow fast and deep until the new wears off. Then it won't any more outside of around 10 or so very wealthy programs. AU won't be one of them. 

However, you need to add the PR those athletes bring to your school + additional applications (Flutie Factor), etc. This is on top of all the TV $ and merchandising $, etc. I read somewhere that a good bowl win equals $20-25M in marketing spend or even more, depending on the bowl game (CFP game and Final 4 appearance probably a lot more).

Bama Football has an impact of $200M (every season) on the local economy, Auburn FB should have a similar impact. Suni's gold medal probably generated the PR equivalent of several bowl wins... and maybe we should recoin the term "Flutie Factor" to "Suni Factor" soon...

Tim Cook and other alumns seem to love to attend the Iron Bowl and that's a good opportunity to ask them for donations. Ivy League schools don't need athletics but schools like Auburn, LSU, Florida, even Michigan and Texas rely on athletics for PR...

Edited by AUreo

15 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

You must have Master's degree in building straw man arguments because last time I checked the overwhelming majority of college athletes are undergrad students. And no undergrads bring in more money than football players at places like Auburn. 

And the billions of research funding universities get is mostly due to a professor's research and grant writing. So unless you as a grad student wrote a grant proposal that was accepted and funded,  I highly doubt that you were "personally responsible" for bringing in a few million dollars. You were just the hired help to carry out the project like most grad students. I'm a dissertation away from my PhD at Auburn and was part of the planning committee that just helped the university secure a $10M National Science Foundation (NSF) grant in August. So yea I know a little bit about "elite grad students" and that grant had very little to do with them personally. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

1 hour ago, AUBigCat said:

You must have Master's degree in building straw man arguments because last time I checked the overwhelming majority of college athletes are undergrad students. And no undergrads bring in more money than football players at places like Auburn. 

And the billions of research funding universities get is mostly due to a professor's research and grant writing. So unless you as a grad student wrote a grant proposal that was accepted and funded,  I highly doubt that you were "personally responsible" for bringing in a few million dollars. You were just the hired help to carry out the project like most grad students. I'm a dissertation away from my PhD at Auburn and was part of the planning committee that just helped the university secure a $10M National Science Foundation (NSF) grant in August. So yea I know a little bit about "elite grad students" and that grant had very little to do with them personally. 

giphy.gif

I kid. I kid.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

I won’t believe it until he is in uniform

I think we have been down this road before with players like him.

They have fun with their social media throwing out hints that go back and forth between schools.

As much as he posts about Auburn, it reminds me that he will be choosing Alabama in the end.

I'm not going to go down that hopeful road again with a player like this...

• Like 2