Repeat after me: #Bama is in decline

TexasTiger

Sure, they’ve got talent. They’re still very good. But they’ve reached their peak and the descent has begun. Saban is 70 and lacks the energy he once had. His coordinators aren’t hot commodities. The power center is shifting. UGA appears dominant— on D just as they used to be.  OU is warming up for joining the party. Not yet sure if Harsin will take advantage of this, but it’s happening.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sure, they’ve got talent. They’re still very good. But they’ve reached their peak and the descent has begun. Saban is 70 and lacks the energy he once had. His coordinators aren’t hot commodities. The power center is shifting. UGA appears dominant— on D just as they used to be.  OU is warming up for joining the party. Not yet sure if Harsin will take advantage of this, but it’s happening.

Normally, after a game like the TAM game, uat wins a natty. I ain't burying them yet. Don't get me wrong.....I hope you're 100% right.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I agree with this but think it is equal parts their decline and other teams getting better at emulating their process. A lot of big time programs now have their own bloated staff of analysts, dieticians, psychologists, strength and conditioning staffs, etc.  I do believe Harsin’s resume indicates he has what it takes and time will tell.  

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Normally, after a game like the TAM game, uat wins a natty. I ain't burying them yet. Don't get me wrong.....I hope you're 100% right.   

When did they last lose to an unranked team and win a natty?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Haven't lost to an unranked team, but a couple of Gus's were way over ranked. And proved it in the next game. 

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Haven't lost to an unranked team, but a couple of Gus's were way over ranked. And proved it in the next game. 

Besides that, A&M had a ton of injuries, and was ranked in the top ten prior to those injuries. So it's not like they lost to Vanderbilt. 

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

First let me say I hope you’re dead on right and they are in decline, but the first loss after 19 straight wins, last year’s national champions, as well as last year’s top recruiting class…. I’m going to need to see more evidence before I agree with you. A&M was unranked at the time they beat them in their home stadium, but I think we can all honestly say that the A&M team we saw playing last night would’ve beaten most of the teams currently in the top 25.

The last time bama lost to an unranked team was in 2007 against Louisiana Monroe, saban’s first season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

First let me say I hope you’re dead on right and they are in decline, but the first loss after 19 straight wins, last year’s national champions, as well as last year’s top recruiting class…. I’m going to need to see more evidence before I agree with you. A&M was unranked at the time they beat them in their home stadium, but I think we can all honestly say that the A&M team we saw playing last night would’ve beaten most of the teams currently in the top 25.

The last time bama lost to an unranked team was in 2007 against Louisiana Monroe, saban’s first season.

But Bama looked beatable before last night. I suspect they win out— probably lose to UGA and miss the playoffs.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But Bama looked beatable before last night. I suspect they win out— probably lose to UGA and miss the playoffs.

I agree, I think Arkansas can give them some fits and possibly even Tennessee this year. But if Georgia keeps playing like they are, they’ll knock them out in the SECCC (unless espn starts lobbying for a 2 loss team to get in 🙄).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree, I think Arkansas can give them some fits and possibly even Tennessee this year. But if Georgia keeps playing like they are, they’ll knock them out in the SECCC (unless espn starts lobbying for a 2 loss team to get in 🙄).

Well, this season has been crazy enough. Hoping it doesn't come to that.

• Like 1

I don't know about decline... but its going to be hard to win a national championship with a freshman.

Also Nick Saban has only had two undefeated seasons.... Season isn't over. 

People always say this when UA loses and then bloop, they're in the playoffs. A #1 ranked UGA will be the only thing keeping them out this year.

Edited by smackydoodle
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, smackydoodle said:

People always say this when UA loses and then bloop, they're in the playoffs. A #1 ranked UGA will be the only thing keeping them out this year.

You don’t have to believe it. Just spread the word. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This is hilarious. And wrong.

You go right ahead though.

Them losing that game was weird and Saban didn't have the usual temper tantrum antics in the second half that we've seen for 15 years. He had a comment not too long ago about how he doesn't really see anyone except his wife and he doesn't get to talk to former coaches anymore. It seemed like it's starting to wear on him. I'm not ready to dig the grave yet since we've said "This is the top!" after every bammer loss since the Kick Six but none of those losses were to flailing teams like TAMU. If they lose again or lose to Georgia I think you can say things have changed. 

Things could change, sure. But based off what I have seen so far this season I have no reason to believe they or any other team can take Georgia. This wasn't the latest Game of the Century TM. It was an A&M team with a backup QB that barely beat a terrible Colorado team and lost to MSU (who lost to LSU).

Edited by AUwent

Don't believe for a second that Bama is in any sort of decline. They are a young team with not quite as consistent QB play as they have had. Couple that with very questionable play calling by their new OC. They are still recruiting among the top one, or two in the country. 

They had a first, and goal Saturday night inside the five yard line, and threw three passes, and wound up kicking a field goal. I'll bet a valued piece of my anatomy that that crap won't happen again. If it does Saban may have a cerebral hemorrhage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just stopped by to say what everyone else has already said.  Bammer isn’t going anywhere and will take the SECCG this year.   

Kirby is a choke artist.  Saban isn’t going anywhere anytime soon either.  He doesn’t know how to.  

10 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I just stopped by to say what everyone else has already said.  Bammer isn’t going anywhere and will take the SECCG this year.   

Kirby is a choke artist.  Saban isn’t going anywhere anytime soon either.  He doesn’t know how to.  

Possible but based off what I have seen so far, I am quite confident Georgia will win the SECCG. I just cannot see anyone beating them.

Edited by AUwent

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

Possible but based off what I have seen so far, I am quite confident Georgia will win the SECCG. I just cannot see anyone beating them.

I think thUGA is the best team in college football right now and would agree with you if Bowlcut wasn’t a choke artist.  

On the same token, with Jimbo being the first former assistant to beat Saban (which I think was all media hogwash), maybe Kirby will loosen up and Heimlich himself in the big game.  First one is always the toughest.  

11 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I think thUGA is the best team in college football right now and would agree with you if Bowlcut wasn’t a choke artist.  

On the same token, with Jimbo being the first former assistant to beat Saban (which I think was all media hogwash), maybe Kirby will loosen up and Heimlich himself in the big game.  First one is always the toughest.  

Maybe I'll catch some flak for this, but id honestly rather see Bama win another Natty than Georgia. (best case scenario is neither winning, but the rest of College Football is a dumpster fire so good luck with that) 

Hear me out. Both teams are AU's biggest rivals. Alabama has a dynasty and an unstoppable monster for years. everyone know it.AU can still recruit against it..whatever...Georgia on the other hand  hasn't won a national title since 1980, and has a history of choking. Does Auburn really need BOTH of our major rivals to start piling on Championships at same time? 

I also kind of like the fact that even though UGA has owned Auburn's butt the last decade, we still have a more recent championship than them. I'd like to see that stay...(but without the butt kicking) 

• Like 6

I feel kind of bad for MSU. They're about to take the brunt of the backlash from last Saturday. I'd hate to face a fired up bunch of bammers with their little tantrum thrower in full crisis mode. 

• Like 1