Repeat after me: #Bama is in decline

TexasTiger

On 10/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, PigskinPat said:

I agree, I think Arkansas can give them some fits and possibly even Tennessee this year. But if Georgia keeps playing like they are, they’ll knock them out in the SECCC (unless espn starts lobbying for a 2 loss team to get in 🙄).

turd fans have already been saying he is over the hill and to replace him. good lord if tennessee beats them turd fans will lose their minds................

I do think it’s more likely that they lose two and still make it in than them beating Georgia (of course, I’m sure they’ll get some extra generous calls on the league’s part). Basically, pull for Oklahoma, tOSU, Iowa (until they play each other) Cincy, and unfortunately Georgia to win out.

Edited by AUwent

On 10/10/2021 at 7:46 PM, TexasTiger said:

Sure, they’ve got talent. They’re still very good. But they’ve reached their peak and the descent has begun. Saban is 70 and lacks the energy he once had. His coordinators aren’t hot commodities. The power center is shifting. UGA appears dominant— on D just as they used to be.  OU is warming up for joining the party. Not yet sure if Harsin will take advantage of this, but it’s happening.

You could be right but it has been a helluva run! I am good if this is the end. I was a season ticket holder from 06-18. I am glad I was a part of it!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

You could be right but it has been a helluva run! I am good if this is the end. I was a season ticket holder from 06-18. I am glad I was a part of it!

Amazing run. Even if they are less dominant, they’ll be damn good for a while.

They still got the players, in fact last year was one of their best recruiting classes.  They still got the best facilities in country.   I remember back to 1970 when people were saying Bear Bryant was past his prime, on the decline, the game had passed him by, he needed to be replaced, etc., etc., etc.  Then he came roaring back with 10 more years of dominance because he still had the players.  I wouldn’t put to much stock in them losing one game even though I also think UGA beats them in the SECCG.   They got a roster full of great players and are starting a freshman QB who will only be better next year.  They ain’t going anywhere in the near future.  It’s up to the rest of the league to catch up (other than UGA who has already caught up).  

On 10/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

I'm sure they couldn't have done it without you. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

10 years it will be as distant a memory as Freddy Kitchens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Texas Tiger is rarely wrong about football……some refer to him as E F Hutton of the gridiron.

37 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I am sure AU can't say that about you. LOL

I'm not the one making a ridiculous claim like that. You actually said you were a part of it. Now if you want to be realistic, which is not the Bama way of course, then you might have said you were glad you could witness it...not part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 10/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, bigbird said:

So what.....did your trailer park take up donations to buy some of those Dodge Chargers and all the free gas the players get from that certain gas station? Did you chip in to cover the expenses to move Tua's family to Alabaster? 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

So what.....did your trailer park take up donations to buy some of those Dodge Chargers and all the free gas the players get from that certain gas station? Did you chip in to cover the expenses to move Tua's family to Alabaster? 

Absolutely, just like your team got Cam and his daddy all they wanted but Cam didn't know. You so damn stupid, I bet you would study for a urine test!

On 10/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, gr82be said:

I'm not the one making a ridiculous claim like that. You actually said you were a part of it. Now if you want to be realistic, which is not the Bama way of course, then you might have said you were glad you could witness it...not part of it. 

Is this where we are as Auburn fans? That we’ve been reduced to arguing over semantics?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Is this where we are as Auburn fans? That we’ve been reduced to arguing over semantics?

Nah, if it were a fan for any other team I wouldn't care at all. Fans living vicariously through their teams accomplishments are hilarious to me. Auburn is my school and my team, not my life. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Absolutely, just like your team got Cam and his daddy all they wanted but Cam didn't know. You so damn stupid, I bet you would study for a urine test!

. Except......Cam got no money from Auburn. Nothing. Not a penny. The offer to give him and his family money was made by MSU....not Auburn. I'm not surprised you're ignorant of the actual facts. 

And unlike bammer, Auburn was investigated, as was Cam and is family. There was no money.  If the NCAA had looked at bammer that closely there would've been a ton of serious financial violations that actually happened. bammer openly cheats and everybody knows it.....except maybe you and the others in your trailer park.  

But now.....everybody can get a legal payday so bammer will have to find another outlet for cheating. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2021 at 7:46 PM, TexasTiger said:

Sure, they’ve got talent. They’re still very good. But they’ve reached their peak and the descent has begun. Saban is 70 and lacks the energy he once had. His coordinators aren’t hot commodities. The power center is shifting. UGA appears dominant— on D just as they used to be.  OU is warming up for joining the party. Not yet sure if Harsin will take advantage of this, but it’s happening.

Harsin wasn’t the guy to take advantage, but it is happening.

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/12/scarbinsky-no-debate-here-the-saban-dynasty-at-alabama-is-definitely-in-decline.html

• Like 2

Honestly - wake me up when they lose 2 or 3 games next year in the regular season. Maybe they are, but I think all of us would be happy to have their worst record in 10 years while calling it a down year.

I honestly hope this is true, but I need more than 1 season. We have read this story before.

A couple of things need to happen here - 1) TN needs to show they keep up what they were doing before the SC game 2) AU needs to be a contender 3) aTm has a lot of proving to do 4) LSU needs some consistency. Miss St isnt going to do it and I truly believe Kiffin tries too hard to actually beat him with the resources he is now married to.

• Like 1

Alabama is 2 new coordinators away from being the same old Bama.  They lost 2 games in 2 of the loudest environments in the SEC by a grand total of 4 points.  When the recruiting trails off you’ll know they are in decline.  That being said UGA has replaced Bama in my mind as the team in the SEC.  

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, Win4AU said:

Alabama is 2 new coordinators away from being the same old Bama.  They lost 2 games in 2 of the loudest environments in the SEC by a grand total of 4 points.  When the recruiting trails off you’ll know they are in decline.  That being said UGA has replaced Bama in my mind as the team in the SEC.  

No doubt Georgia is on top right now and Saban's years are numbered but it has been a great ride! Bama has 2 or 3 good seasons left but it doesn't mean they will win another NC under Saban. 15 straight 10 win seasons and possibly 12 straight 11 win seasons if they beat KSU in the Sugar Bowl. Not too Shabby!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Do we really think Dinky hangs it up before 80? Bobby Bowden and JoePa didn't.

That’s a good point. However, it seems like things are different today. I think players and people 20+ years ago didn’t need constant attention and validation like today, and things like NIL and the portal make being a head coach more work than it’s ever been. That, and if people think Auburn fans are fickle, just wait until a Bama team doesn’t make it to the SEC championship or playoffs two years in a row…

Edited by AUINSY

• 2 weeks later...