Aaron Murray Analysis of Bo Plus Tips

tomcat

Aaron Murray on McElroy and Cubelic breaking down what he saw in the Georgia game. Some interesting tips for Bo and a one liner on TJ. You may have to cut and paste link into your browser.

10 minutes long…all pertinent discussion.. 😁

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mcelroy-and-cubelic-in-the-morning/id1575603573?i=1000538214778

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Aaron Murray on McElroy and Cubelic breaking down what he saw in the Georgia game. Some interesting tips for Bo and a one liner on TJ. You may have to cut and paste link into your browser.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mcelroy-and-cubelic-in-the-morning/id1575603573?i=1000538214778

"McElroy's just a dumdum bammer and Murray's just a dumdum leghumper they hate Auburn who cares what a bammer and leghumper say"

There. Got that out of the way. Now nobody else has any need to post any of that pablum. Now to actually listen to it...

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

Thanks, there's some good info in there.

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

I listened to this yesterday on the ride back home. Good comments on Bo needing to slow down his feet and reads and how to help him correct it. No doubt about it that his clock gets sped up against the better competition. It was going to be a learning curve for him coming from the 1 or 2 read then takeoff offense he was in the previous two years. Same thing can be said for the WRs and why the timing between them and the QB isn't better than it should be. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"McElroy's just a dumdum bammer and Murray's just a dumdum leghumper they hate Auburn who cares what a bammer and leghumper say"

There. Got that out of the way. Now nobody else has any need to post any of that pablum. Now to actually listen to it...

Why do you feel the need to ruin my joy?!!!!!

• Haha 2

Found Murray’s thought that Finley is not the guy was interesting. It would seem in his prep for the game he saw something, or had a conversation with coaches that led him to that opinion. Perhaps Bo practicing in socks will be the mental breakthrough he needs! Geez…who knows!

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

Found Murray’s thought that Finley is not the guy was interesting. It would seem in his prep for the game he saw something, or had a conversation with coaches that led him to that opinion. Perhaps Bo practicing in socks will be the mental breakthrough he needs! Geez…who knows!

I don’t think TJ is the answer either. But I would play him just to first off, give him a chance but mostly to show Bo he has to earn every game. Bo needs pressure. 

5 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

At what point do we (fans, coaches, etc.) come to the conclusion that Bo Nix will not get better than what he is.

My guess would be when we have a better option.

• Like 1

He went to great lengths to repeat several times that the team he saw on the field wasn't far away from being really good. The need for better play at the WR position was obvious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

He went to great lengths to repeat several times that the team he saw on the field wasn't far away from being really good. The need for better play at the WR position was obvious.

Literally fix a busted play here and there and catch a couple dropped passes and we are undefeated and #1 in the country or at least a 1 loss team and top 10. Obviously we aren’t really ready for that level of success but if that’s how close we are to it, it may be time to relax a little and just enjoy the growth period without ruining it through 1st year expectations 

4 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Literally fix a busted play here and there and catch a couple dropped passes and we are undefeated and #1 in the country or at least a 1 loss team and top 10. Obviously we aren’t really ready for that level of success but if that’s how close we are to it, it may be time to relax a little and just enjoy the growth period without ruining it through 1st year expectations 

I love your optimism, but to lay devil's advocate... a play here and there and we lose to Ga State.  Let's not forget where we really are.  

Could we have beaten PSU? Yes, but we didn't.

Could we have beaten UGA? No.  They throttled back in the 3rd.  Even if we had played better and not been hosed by officials, they could have scored plenty more.

We''ll see what we're made of in the next few weeks, but I doubt we're ready for the big time yet.

(hoping to be wrong, obviously)

4 hours ago, The Freak said:

I love your optimism, but to lay devil's advocate... a play here and there and we lose to Ga State.  Let's not forget where we really are.  

Could we have beaten UGA? No.  They throttled back in the 3rd.  Even if we had played better and not been hosed by officials, they could have scored plenty more.

We''ll see what we're made of in the next few weeks, but I doubt we're ready for the big time yet.

This is where I am as well. We may have to get there through the portal because a top 17 to 22 recruiting class (finishing #6 or below in the SEC) is not going to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

This is where I am as well. We may have to get there through the portal because a top 17 to 22 recruiting class (finishing #6 or below in the SEC) is not going to do it.

I think the portal is the great equalizer.  CBH has shown he's very adept navigating it.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
7 hours ago, The Freak said:

Agreed. That’s why I also said we obviously aren’t ready for that level of success.  Next year we will be very close I believe with 14 4 star sophomores growing into the system. Get a qb that stays calm or get Bo to settle down and next your could actually be quite impressive. All yet to be seen though. 

Guest MustardSeed
46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think the portal is the great equalizer.  CBH has shown he's very adept navigating it.

Second this. There are some good signs for recruiting moving forward but this year is a challenge for sure. The portal could be a saving grace. 

18 hours ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

"playing too fast".  ok.  I've been using the term "panic".

I would guess Bo, in practice, is under control and does a good job of delivering the ball.  The receivers, especially RBs, are used to that rhythm, then during the game Bo is “playing too fast” and that could throw off the receivers rhythm.

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Agreed. That’s why I also said we obviously aren’t ready for that level of success.  Next year we will be very close I believe with 14 4 star sophomores growing into the system. Get a qb that stays calm or get Bo to settle down and next your could actually be quite impressive. All yet to be seen though. 

I've seen a lot of sensible (and correct) play calling that has put this limited roster in positions to advance and retain possession of the football and score points. That was what I needed to see this season in order to feel good about this hire.

The other thing I need to see is good, needs-based recruiting. Don't need 5*s, but need good football players at our positions of need. TBD on that but two of our three biggest position of need (IMO) look awfully damn good (IMO). And things are picking up on the third (IMO).

Ultimately, it's exactly what you said in the prior post. It's not about results this year and it never was. It's about learning whether or not this coaching staff knows what they're doing and whether or not they're building towards sustained success. I'm leaning optimistic on that.  

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I like this plan.  

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I thought Murray did a good job in the booth calling the game.......Even took the Nick Fairley joke at the beginning in stride.....Also Mc Elroy does a good job in his current profession...........love what you did with above post😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I thought Murray did a good job in the booth calling the game.......Even took the Nick Fairley joke at the beginning in stride.....Also Mc Elroy does a good job in his current profession...........love what you did with above post😂

Totally agree about both. I honestly thought Murray was better than Neuheisel. Not suggesting that he knows more about football overall, but just a better TV analyst. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

Just give DD a chance. Pls. 

That's simply not going to happen this year barring catastrophic injury at the position.  But I expect DD will get every chance to win it next year unless a big time QB drops into our laps via the portal.

• Like 3