2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We are getting a lot of players on Campus and a few have said how much they liked Auburn.  Are there any especially O-Linemen where our staff and people in the know think we are leading for at this time. If so who?

I think Auburn feels like we’re in good shape with Clay Wedin and Stanton Ramil but both are in high demand.

This is a quote from Duke’s scoops that is VIP so it’s all I’ll share. I hope he’s correct in his assessment. Speaking on Terrance Love’s commitment and what it might mean for Auburn recruiting in Metro ATL.

“His verbal has garnered rave reviews in recruiting circles in Atlanta concerning rebranding Auburn as a destination school for elite prospects.”

Philip Dukes 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is a quote from Duke’s scoops that is VIP so it’s all I’ll share. I hope he’s correct in his assessment. Speaking on Terrance Love’s commitment and what it might mean for Auburn recruiting in Metro ATL.

“His verbal has garnered rave reviews in recruiting circles in Atlanta concerning rebranding Auburn as a destination school for elite prospects.”

Philip Dukes 

Hope so. Some here or elsewhere tried to paint Auburn as being black listed from Atlanta. 

11 minutes ago, peashooter said:

The QB from Birmingham committed to Clemson. This is the type of player AU has to get. A top 100 state player where Bama isn't one of the schools. 

Unfortunately not many, if anyone, can overcome his family being massive Bama fans and when he's not good enough to go to Bama it's "Any where but Auburn"

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, Zeek said:

Updated 4/14/2022

Quarterback:

Running Back:

Wide Receiver:

Tight End:

Offensive Tackle:

Inside Offensive Linemen:

Defensive Line:

Edge:

Linebacker:

None... again I'm not sure what our LB or Edge recruiters are doing

Defensive Backs:

More to add later but I am finally able to use the source code function and add 247's profiles

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

More to add later but I am finally able to use the source code function and add 247's profiles

How do you get to that ability? Donations?

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

How do you get to that ability? Donations?

I think it's one of the donor levels but mine is probably based more on being a mod. Though I can't delete and edit threads in this forum which would be helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Roderick Robinson II

We really need to get this kid in our class. 

Four-Star OT Wilkin Formby names top 5

Hayes Fawcettabout 1 hour
Wilkin Formby Wilkin Formby-Tuscaloosa News

Four-star offensive tackle Wilkin Formbyof Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Northridge High is down to five schools—Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss. 

The 6-foot-8, 308 pounder went in-depth on his finalists.

Tennessee

“They make it feel like a true family there,” Formby said. “It’s an exciting new staff with big plans. Great culture already! I have a great relationship with several incoming players.”

Alabama

“Alabama is a great program with a great process,” Formby said. “Obviously a ton of history. They develop players really well. There is no better coach than Coach Saban and with the addition of Coach Wolford it’s that much better.”

Auburn

“It’s a developing staff with a good blueprint for success,” Formby said. “I have a great relationship with many of the coaches and staff. They have a great fan base and it’s always a good time on the plains.”

Oklahoma

“A new staff with a lot of experience,” Formby said. “They are approaching this season with a great plan and they treat everyone like family. Some of my favorite coaches from many schools all teamed up at Oklahoma to form this all star staff.”

Ole Miss

“I have a great relationship with the staff,” Formby said. “It’s an explosive offense with a lot of good coaches. Coach Kiffin and Coach Thornton are two of my favorite coaches. I really like the style of offense Ole Miss runs.”

Formby ranks as the No. 128 player in the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally-weighted average of all four major recruiting sites. He also tabs in as the No. 11 offensive tackle and the thirteenth-best player in the state of Alabama.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

We really need to get this kid in our class. 

Four-Star OT Wilkin Formby names top 5

Hayes Fawcettabout 1 hour
Wilkin Formby Wilkin Formby-Tuscaloosa News

Four-star offensive tackle Wilkin Formbyof Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Northridge High is down to five schools—Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss. 

The 6-foot-8, 308 pounder went in-depth on his finalists.

Tennessee

“They make it feel like a true family there,” Formby said. “It’s an exciting new staff with big plans. Great culture already! I have a great relationship with several incoming players.”

Alabama

“Alabama is a great program with a great process,” Formby said. “Obviously a ton of history. They develop players really well. There is no better coach than Coach Saban and with the addition of Coach Wolford it’s that much better.”

Auburn

“It’s a developing staff with a good blueprint for success,” Formby said. “I have a great relationship with many of the coaches and staff. They have a great fan base and it’s always a good time on the plains.”

Oklahoma

“A new staff with a lot of experience,” Formby said. “They are approaching this season with a great plan and they treat everyone like family. Some of my favorite coaches from many schools all teamed up at Oklahoma to form this all star staff.”

Ole Miss

“I have a great relationship with the staff,” Formby said. “It’s an explosive offense with a lot of good coaches. Coach Kiffin and Coach Thornton are two of my favorite coaches. I really like the style of offense Ole Miss runs.”

Formby ranks as the No. 128 player in the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally-weighted average of all four major recruiting sites. He also tabs in as the No. 11 offensive tackle and the thirteenth-best player in the state of Alabama.

The last player we got from a Tuscaloosa HS was pretty damn good.

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The last player we got from a Tuscaloosa HS was pretty damn good.

True but he was no where rated as good as this guy. 

until I see that first highly ranked 4 or 5* fall our way, I’m not counting on getting one right now. I know, it’s pessimistic.  Sorry. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

True but he was no where rated as good as this guy. 

until I see that first highly ranked 4 or 5* fall our way, I’m not counting on getting one right now. I know, it’s pessimistic.  Sorry. 

He has about the same ranking as Seth Williams did.  They were both 4* of varying degree from the mid 100s to 4*/No national ranking

Auburn’s top targets: RB

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@BMattAU

Ad - Expert Market

AUBURN | Fourth-year assistant coach Carnell Williams has done a good job of rebuilding Auburn’s running back room with talent and depth. With Tank Bigsby set to move on after this season, however, there’s a need for at least one tailbacks in the 2023 class.

Below is a look at the Tigers’ top running back targets, ordered by both Auburn’s interest level and chances of landing the prospect.

NATL

ST

POS

JEREMIAH

COBB

UNDECIDED

5'11" | 185 LBS | APB | 2023

MONTGOMERY CATHOLIC

MONTGOMERY, AL

Cobb has visited Auburn several times in the last year and the Tigers are considered one of the leaders, if not the leader for the nation’s No. 4 all-purpose back. A recent offer from Texas could shake things up, and Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia are also pursuing heavily. Williams has made Cobb a priority and he’s AU’s best chance of adding an elite running back this spring or early summer. Cobb, who has more than 30 offers, totaled over 2,700 yards rushing and receiving as a junior with 30 touchdowns.

-

NATL

ST

POS

RODERICK

ROBINSON II

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 229 LBS | RB | 2023

LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL

SAN DIEGO, CA

Robinson was offered by Auburn a few weeks ago and is planning to visit for the first time in early May, which could certainly shake up his recruitment. Before the AU offer, he listed his top nine as Arizona, California, Miami, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Stanford, UCLA and USC. He’d like to make a decision before his senior year.

-

NATL

ST

POS

JEREMIYAH

LOVE

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 188 LBS | RB | 2023

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS COLLEGE HIGH

ST. LOUIS, MO

Auburn recently offered Love to put his total over 30. He appears pretty open at this time with Arkansas, Missouri, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC and Oregon among the schools he’s highly considering. He’s planning on setting up official visits this summer and should have a decision before his senior season. He’s being recruited by some schools as a defensive back.

NATL

ST

POS

KHAI

PREAN

UNDECIDED

6'0" | 188 LBS | APB | 2023

ST. JAMES

SAINT JAMES, LA

It appears Prean is leaning to playing receiver on the next level, but running back is also a possibility so I’ll list him in both target stories. He visited Auburn for the A-Day game and could return for an unofficial or official visit later this summer. LSU is probably the team to beat with Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee, Purdue and Colorado also in contention.

-

NATL

ST

POS

DREW

PICKETT

UNDECIDED

5'10" | 185 LBS | RB | 2023

RUSSELL COUNTY

SEALE, AL

Auburn hasn’t offered Pickett but he’s definitely one to watch, especially if AU misses on Cobb or aggressively pursues a second running back in this class. He recently added a Miami offer and visited the Hurricanes. He also lists offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Arkansas, Michigan State, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest.

OTHERS TO WATCH

NATL

ST

POS

RICHARD

YOUNG

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 201 LBS | RB | 2023

LEHIGH

LEHIGH ACRES, FL

NATL

ST

POS

KALEB

JACKSON

UNDECIDED

5'11" | 200 LBS | RB | 2023

LIBERTY MAGNET

BATON ROUGE, LA

NATL

ST

POS

TREYAUN

WEBB

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 205 LBS | APB | 2023

TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL

JACKSONVILLE, FL

NATL

ST

POS

MARK

FLETCHER

VERBAL COMMIT

4/12/2022

OHIO STATE

6'1" | 225 LBS | RB | 2023

AMERICAN HERITAGE

PLANTATION, FL

NATL

ST

POS

TRE

WISNER

UNDECIDED

6'0" | 180 LBS | ATH | 2023

DESOTO

DESOTO, TX

NATL

ST

POS

JUSTICE

HAYNES

UNDECIDED

5'10" | 195 LBS | RB | 2023

BLESSED TRINITY

ROSWELL, GA

-

NATL

ST

POS

ROBBY

WASHINGTON

VERBAL COMMIT

3/24/2022

MIAMI (FL)

5'11" | 170 LBS | ATH | 2023

KILLIAN

MIAMI, FL

-

NATL

-

ST

-

POS

BENJAMIN

HALL

VERBAL COMMIT

3/29/2022

MICHIGAN

5'11" | 220 LBS | RB | 2023

NORTH COBB

KENNESAW, GA

-

NATL

-

ST

-

POS

ISAIAH

AUGUSTAVE

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 190 LBS | RB | 2023

NAPLES

NAPLES, FL

-

NATL

ST

POS

KALIB

HICKS

UNDECIDED

6'0" | 200 LBS | APB | 2023

RYAN

DENTON, TX

REMINDER: Recruiting priorities, targets and offers can change weekly, especially during the spring evaluation period when Auburn assistants are out on the road talking to high school coaches, teachers and administrators.

• Thanks 1

Keith Niebuhr’s best post ever, even though it has nothing to do with recruiting! 😝 
What’s happened with SNL? It’s terrible now.

Edited by toddc
  • Love 2

Bama On3 saying they're keeping a close eye on Hurley. Not flip watch yet, but they're not feeling as secure as they were. We know how this plays out so obviously don't get hopes up. But hey, better than yesterday when I didn't even think he was considering us whatsoever 

22 hours ago, au302 said:

Bama On3 saying they're keeping a close eye on Hurley. Not flip watch yet, but they're not feeling as secure as they were. We know how this plays out so obviously don't get hopes up. But hey, better than yesterday when I didn't even think he was considering us whatsoever 

This would be huge. It's 1 thing to flip someone from bama. But when it's a 5 * DB. A position personally coached by Saban. That's a whole different  deal. Apparently, there's something to it. Hurley visited AU this wkend. Now he isn't doing interviews...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This would be huge. It's 1 thing to flip someone from bama. But when it's a 5 * DB. A position personally coached by Saban. That's a whole different  deal. Apparently, there's something to it. Hurley visited AU this wkend. Now he isn't doing interviews...

Keeping Zac Etheridge is the best thing this coaching staff could’ve done 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Apparently he's got some huge grade concerns.

With that said, I'd take him immediately even if he had 0% chance to qualify.  Perspective of 1 player committing can do a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

With that said, I'd take him immediately even if he had 0% chance to qualify.  Perspective of 1 player committing can do a lot.

Interesting. Haven't heard about the grades.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Do u know if the grades thing is credible or is it a narrative being pushed by Bama in case they lose him?