2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh I see what you’re saying now. If those players were being genuine about Harsin not caring,  which we have no proof that they weren’t experiencing that, wouldn’t that just be another strike against Harsin on why he likely won’t be able to turn the ship around?

That absolutely would. They say he's had a change of heart.....and that might be true as well but like I posted back then, you would be out of your mind if you think we aren't going to feel that in recruiting this year. People can be optimistic as much as they want but that happening was very very bad.

Only thing we have now is to win. We need to win some big games this year or it's going to be bad. That simple. 

• Like 2

There's nothing that suggests Bo would have won those games. He could have lost just as easy as he could have won.....That's the point, it's Bo. You don't know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There's nothing that suggests Bo would have won those games. He could have lost just as easy as he could have won.....That's the point, it's Bo. You don't know

That may be the case, but hell, I think we win Bama if TJ just isn’t hurt. And Bo at the very least had more of an ability to keep plays alive with his feet than TJ does. That’s my reasoning for the post about Bo going down. 

• Thanks 1

After watching TJ play there  is no doubt in my mind that Bo beats SC and bama and probably Houston-and then we are in a totally different situation in the off-season!

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

After watching TJ play there  is no doubt in my mind that Bo beats SC and bama and probably Houston-and then we are in a totally different situation in the off-season!

And if Mason didn't coach with his head up his butt in the 3rd & 4th qtrs we would have another win vs. MSU.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That may be the case, but hell, I think we win Bama if TJ just isn’t hurt. And Bo at the very least had more of an ability to keep plays alive with his feet than TJ does. That’s my reasoning for the post about Bo going down. 

To Cole’s point, I have never thought in terms of us winning the IB if Bo plays. Bo is an unknown commodity that changes the entire complexion of a game.

TJ played (and plays were called for him) super conservatively in a defensive struggle that night.

If Bo plays, maybe we have a different approach. Maybe we use the whole offense. Maybe Bo fumbles the ball on the first drive or gets sacked for a 40 yard loss. Maybe he makes a key mistake that is game changing, taking the pressure of Bama’s offense and they get out of their funk. Maybe Bo loses his cool and throws a tantrum that reverberates through the team. 

These are all things Bo has done or has the potential to do in any given game. The guy couldn’t move the ball on Georgia freaking State.

As bad as TJ is and was, he doesn’t have the catastrophic potential Bo does. It could very well be that if Bo plays we get run out of the stadium. Or, of course, we run Bama out of the stadium. He’s such an unknown that you can’t tell.

And to me, that means you can’t look at that game and think Bo makes us an automatic winner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

To Cole’s point, I have never thought in terms of us winning the IB if Bo plays. Bo is an unknown commodity that changes the entire complexion of a game.

TJ played (and plays were called for him) super conservatively in a defensive struggle that night.

If Bo plays, maybe we have a different approach. Maybe we use the whole offense. Maybe Bo fumbles the ball on the first drive or gets sacked for a 40 yard loss. Maybe he makes a key mistake that is game changing, taking the pressure of Bama’s offense and they get out of their funk. Maybe Bo loses his cool and throws a tantrum that reverberates through the team. 

These are all things Bo has done or has the potential to do in any given game. The guy couldn’t move the ball on Georgia freaking State.

As bad as TJ is and was, he doesn’t have the catastrophic potential Bo does. It could very well be that if Bo plays we get run out of the stadium. Or, of course, we run Bama out of the stadium. He’s such an unknown that you can’t tell.

And to me, that means you can’t look at that game and think Bo makes us an automatic winner.

Man thank you. It's hard to get people to see the entire perspective. If nothing else the game could play different just because the opposing defense may have played completely different because they respected the threat of a long ball that they didn't with Bo. Nobody knows. It's far from we win if we have Bo......I'm sure if the homecoming game didn't play out the way it did everybody would've said there's no way that game would have happened.....

I'll prolly be kicked from On3 for sharing this, but screw it it's worth sharing at this point. A guy on there has a son who is a HS coach in SC. Son was at a camp recently attended by Nick Eason on Clemson's behalf. They talked for a while about AU.

Eason told him that Harsin did struggle with relating to kids from the south. No way around it. The disgruntled former players were correct on that part. However, in Harsin's defense, Eason said that 30% of the roster was never going to buy into what they were trying to build. Eason said that most of those guys are either no longer on the team or in the portal.

So I think both can be true. The ex-players had a very valid point, and Harsin needs to better that, but at the same time, a lot of these ex-players also needed to get off this football team and get to another program that fit them better. Hopefully all parties are better off for it.

Edited by au302
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man thank you. It's hard to get people to see the entire perspective. If nothing else the game could play different just because the opposing defense may have played completely different because they respected the threat of a long ball that they didn't with Bo. Nobody knows. It's far from we win if we have Bo......I'm sure if the homecoming game didn't play out the way it did everybody would've said there's no way that game would have happened.....

His argument is flawed. Hear me out. What he is saying is that Bo vs TJ is a wash, because you never know if Bo is going to fall apart. That would mean that no matter who we had in the game between Bo and TJ, the Vegas odds would have been the exact same for Auburn. And there is NO WAY that would be the case. The second problem with the argument is that it doesn’t take into account that TJ also could have fallen apart if the play calling was more aggressive.

Whether you like Bo or not, or even think he was talented or not, he is a more mobile quarterback that had already played in 2 Iron Bowls. Also, he had the entire season and 100s more reps with the WR’s. Ask yourself the question, if you were Harsin and had to win that game to save your career, knowing what he knew about both guys, which one do you think he starts?

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

His argument is flawed. Hear me out. What he is saying is that Bo vs TJ is a wash, because you never know if Bo is going to fall apart. That would mean that no matter who we had in the game between Bo and TJ, the Vegas odds would have been the exact same for Auburn. And there is NO WAY that would be the case. The second problem with the argument is that it doesn’t take into account that TJ also could have fallen apart if the play calling was more aggressive.

Whether you like Bo or not, or even think he was talented or not, he is a more mobile quarterback that had already played in 2 Iron Bowls. Also, he had the entire season and 100s more reps with the WR’s. Ask yourself the question, if you were Harsin and had to win that game to save your career, knowing what he knew about both guys, which one do you think he starts?

Just like tj has flaws Bo has them. Just because a guy can extend a play isn't a good thing. Maybe Bo fumbles or make a dumb throw. Maybe not stretching the field enables the secondary to play more aggressive. There were a few throws made that Bo just simply can't throw.

Maybe he plays great. The point is Bo is far from being consistent and Bo don't have many games where he played well against good defenses. 

But I don't know just like you so I'm not going to pretend my word is over yours, my point is it's not a sure thing but you can certainly believe what you want, but I do know some of these guys had consistent arguments about zc so it's hypocritical to judge one QB but not the other imo.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

This is a recruiting thread we have a Bo thread which I know you all know....so use the Bo crap discussion there. Stick to recruiting in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

This is a recruiting thread we have a Bo thread which I know you all know....so use the Bo crap discussion there. Stick to recruiting in this thread.

Sorry Golf. My OP started with a recruiting undertone. But it moved naturally the other direction because we dont have any recruits to talk about here at Auburn 😂😂😂🥺😫😭😭😭

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well I see some people don't learn all recent posts mentioning Bo have been hidden. Keep it up and thread will get locked for awhile. This is a 2023 recruiting thread

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

On a better note, just watched Calzada run 25 yds to score a touchdown. Any new OL we are looking at?

Actually yes. A couple of emerging targets will attend Big Cat (both 3*). Both have P5 offers. Newest one has some Big 12 offers, including Baylor. They are both listed as tackles as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Program changer? That’s a big statement. I wonder if it actually means that, or is that just like an “all of our guys can change a program, if they work hard” type of phrase. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Program changer? That’s a big statement. I wonder if it actually means that, or is that just like an “all of our guys can change a program, if they work hard” type of phrase. 

It’s the latter but we can use all the help we can get

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He's just following a Twitter Trend. Lots of schools tweeted out "When I text you..." Tweets of the exact same nature today. 

That's not an actual "bat signal".

• Haha 1