2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s the latter but we can use all the help we can get

Just saw the new CB with high confidence for Glenn to pick FSU. So I am guessing this must be related to the TE Thurman?  

3 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Just saw the new CB with high confidence for Glenn to pick FSU. So I am guessing this must be related to the TE Thurman?  

I’ve been trying to figure it out too. Seem some fans on Twitter thinking it’s Thurman but personally idk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's just following a Twitter Trend. Lots of schools tweeted out "When I text you..." Tweets of the exact same nature today. 

That's not an actual "bat signal".

image.gif.2d8803ed859c443f588785a3d031080e.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

J Lee put in a prediction for 2024 4* CB A'mon Lane. I think this is probably who the bat signals are out for.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 1:00 PM, Sizzle said:

I’ve been trying to figure it out too. Seem some fans on Twitter thinking it’s Thurman but personally idk

looks like it's not Thurman since all his CBs are going to Ohio St.

8 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

looks like it's not Thurman since all his CBs are going to Ohio St.

Pretty sure it’s the ‘24 CB from Moody

Chris Parsons FSU QB commit just de-committed I wonder if we will go after him?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Chris Parsons FSU QB commit just de-committed I wonder if we will go after him?

Looking like Smolik and Emory Williams up next. Maybe they'll talk with Parsons too though, but I don't know. I can see them holding for the portal if they don't get a guy they really like

The recruiting by this staff has been unacceptable, but missing out on Glenn isn't that big of a deal.   QB recruiting is a complete toss-up.  Even within the 5* prospects.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Looking like Smolik and Emory Williams up next. Maybe they'll talk with Parsons too though, but I don't know. I can see them holding for the portal if they don't get a guy they really like

Holding out until the portal for a QB is super risky. That don’t sound smart. We thought this staff would do well with OL in the portal and they didn’t pull a single guy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Bullcrap!  They've had very little success in the portal and dang sure shouldn't wait around relying on an unknown portal player to come available.

Make hay now - go after Parsons hard. 

I don't know why we don't start stocking up on 3 stars and hopefully pulling blue chips down the road. At this point, I just think it is important to establish enough a foundation in this long term plan. Get your guys in and then find success on the field. Tad bit confused. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I don't know why we don't start stocking up on 3 stars and hopefully pulling blue chips down the road. At this point, I just think it is important to establish enough a foundation in this long term plan. Get your guys in and the find success on the field. Tad bit confused. 

I’m agreeing with your premise , not that you are confused.lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I don't know why we don't start stocking up on 3 stars and hopefully pulling blue chips down the road. At this point, I just think it is important to establish enough a foundation in this long term plan. Get your guys in and the find success on the field. Tad bit confused. 

That’s what Arkansas been doing. They have like 25 commits already. For the most part they’re done with the ‘23 class.

In the meantime We’re trying to act like we’re UGA or Bama trying to pick and choose recruits but we ain’t got it like that currently so now we’re missing out on everybody 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Bullcrap!  They've had very little success in the portal and dang sure shouldn't wait around relying on an unknown portal player to come available.

Make hay now - go after Parsons hard. 

You took what I said to mean that they are just gonna wait and pray with the portal and not look for HS guys. That's not what I meant. They are actively looking at HS guys, Smolik and Williams right now, but they apparently won't take a QB if they don't think he can execute their offense to their liking.

Thus in the event they can't get a HS QB they believe in, it's been said that it would be no surprise if they wait for the portal that point rather than take a stretch. No clue about Parsons specifically, but no one's seemed to mention his name as a guy they're looking into right now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

That’s what Arkansas been doing. They have like 25 commits already. For the most part they’re done with the ‘23 class.

In the meantime We’re trying to act like we’re UGA or Bama trying to pick and choose recruits but we ain’t got it like that currently so now we’re missing out on everybody 

Agree. We have zero momentum and desperately need some. If we’re not careful, the few we have committed are going to start doubting their decision. 

Jelani Thurman to Ohio State. We came in third because our NIL offers were significantly lower.

Ja'Keem Jackson to Florida. Similar issue and they're closer.

Joshua Horton is going somewhere else if he isn't at Big Cat. As always the "package deal" is a load of crap and almost all of the Langston 4 will be at different schools.

Stanton Ramil is as good as gone in my opinion. Not an ounce of momentum there.

We have three 2024 guys we might land by the end of July.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Jelani Thurman to Ohio State. We came in third because our NIL offers were significantly lower.

Joshua Horton is going somewhere else if he isn't at Big Cat. As always the "package deal" is a load of crap and almost all of the Langston 4 will be at different schools.

Jesus Christ! HOPEFULLY a good showing on the field will sway some of these guys our way! If not, we'll be searching for a new HC😪

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So Thurman and Jackson both got better NIL deals which does seem to point to NIL being part of the problem. In todays recruiting world especially with the issues that occurred in February to get the type recruits we need we must at the minimum match NIL and to be honest probably outbid other schools. If we are not doing that then a lot of the recruiting issues we are seeing is not all on our coaches.

If you want to play with the big boys you have to pay with the big boys.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3