2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Can the season just fragging start already. Rip this bandaid off and get it over with…

Season isn’t what we have to worry about. I think he will do just enough to buy himself another year, due to the talent of guys he never recruited. But when we get to the next year…….and the Harsin recruits take the field……..

image.gif.bec2688ffbe72f52b2874961cce98b6e.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Season isn’t what we have to worry about. I think he will do just enough to buy himself another year, due to the talent of guys he never recruited. But when we get to the next year…….and the Harsin recruits take the field……..

Quite possibly. But at least we can whittle down the buyout and improve optics.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Dell as a HC to me seems like a terrible idea lol. Dude has not earned an SEC head coaching job.

Anyone can look like a good  head coach these days if they are able to coax the big time money players to pay hand over fist consistently for top tier talent. 

The one and only thing that should be the focus of our next hire is a great recruiter of not only the kids but also can get the boosters to cough up the necessary funds to get us elite talent so we can actually compete with our rivals. Idc who it is. Sitting head coach. Coordinator or position coach.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If the same people who wanted him out  in February want him out badly enough to pay yet another big buyout then it will happen. No matter how we do in the rest of our games we will have 2 absolute ass whoopings coming our way via Georgia and bama…. The last thing the people who matter will see this season is a 42-10 kind of beat down in Tuscaloosa….

Edited by GwillMac6

Sigh. The latest update is really so pitiful it's embarrassing. I certainly appreciate all the work Zeek has done to keep us up to date, but it's just too danged depressing to view.

How about just eliminating from the list all of the guys who have been marked through. No need to leave them there. And by eliminating them, we see a whole lot of "need 2-3" with only 1 left on the list.

Harsin is going to have to pull a bunch of upsets this year to attract some future talent. Otherwise ...........

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Quite possibly. But at least we can whittle down the buyout and improve optics.

Man f the optics. When has caring so much about what people who don’t gaf about us anyways ever helped us? The U just had one of the absolute worst coaching searches ever as far as optics go and guess what!? Wgas when they got their guy Mario with the recruiting results they are having. He’s the perfect coach to have in the nil era…. College football is a regional sport. You will get negative press for maybe 1 day and then no one cares after that. We have to stop caring what people thing so much.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man f the optics. When has caring so much about what people who don’t gaf about us anyways ever helped us? The U just had one of the absolute worst coaching searches ever as far as optics go and guess what!? Wgas when they got their guy Mario with the recruiting results they are having. He’s the perfect coach to have in the nil era…. College football is a regional sport. You will get negative press for maybe 1 day and then no one cares after that. We have to stop caring what people thing so much.

You may be right (about optics). But this post and your previous are why I want either Dell or Deion, will accept Travis as the "break glass" option.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not a pro Gus post at all, but I still don’t get why guys were disparaging the skill talent we had last year (keeping in mind it was mass attrition and Harsin brought in a few guys of his own that were key contributors)…Like we weren’t Alabama, but we had some fine guys, esp at the actual moment Gus was booted. 

I know you gotta get “your guys”, but if your guys are optimized 3 stars vs. a rag tag bunch of 4 stars in the first season of your system…I mean, they should at best be roughly equal, right? 

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Anyone can look like a good  head coach these days if they are able to coax the big time money players to pay hand over fist consistently for top tier talent. 

The one and only thing that should be the focus of our next hire is a great recruiter of not only the kids but also can get the boosters to cough up the necessary funds to get us elite talent so we can actually compete with our rivals. Idc who it is. Sitting head coach. Coordinator of position coach.

I honestly don’t think Auburn could’ve realistically gone unproven, young, fresh face hire right after the doldrums of the last 2 years, but after going for what was a top of the line G5 option, now you either gotta open the pockets wide open and get that top of the line option OR you go new, charismatic, hopefully a fire lighter under butts 

(or you go with Hugh and I just don’t think we need that) 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If the same people who wanted him out  in February want him out badly enough to pay yet another big buyout then it will happen. No matter how we do in the rest of our games we will have 2 absolute ass whooping as coming our way via Georgia and bama…. The last thing the people who matter will see this season is a 42-10 kind of beat down in Tuscaloosa….

42-10? You’re being generous. I’m thinking 55-3

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not a pro Gus post at all, but I still don’t get why guys were disparaging the skill talent we had last year (keeping in mind it was mass attrition and Harsin brought in a few guys of his own that were key contributors)…Like we weren’t Alabama, but we had some fine guys, esp at the actual moment Gus was booted. 

I know you gotta get “your guys”, but if your guys are optimized 3 stars vs. a rag tag bunch of 4 stars in the first season of your system…I mean, they should at best be roughly equal, right? 

Brace for impact. Just admitting that Gus, in all his mediocrity” was a pretty successful recruiter will have you labeled a Gus lover. If anything, Harsin’s issues with bringing in offensive linemen make me more sympathetic for Gus’s recruiting. We judged Gus for what he failed at recruiting but it was NEVER even close to this clown show.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I understand how people would think that our boosters do not get out of the way, but that simply isn’t true.

A good case study could be your choice of basketball, gymnastics, or baseball.  The boosters are doing what they can when the coaches ask and gymnastics have now landed one 5* each of the last four years and basketball is doing what you see.  Baseball is also on the rise and has been.

If someone outside the program looks in objectively, they would say football is the only issue right now.

Yes it is the only issue because football is also where they have tended to meddle the most….let’s be serious, they gave Bruce the keys, walked away and hoped for the best. And see how it worked out. He was able to build and manage the program how he saw fit, same with the other sports you mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Brace for impact. Just admitting that Gus, in all him mediocrity” was a pretty successful recruiter will have you labeled a Gus lover. If anything, Harsin’s issues with bringing in offensive linemen make me more sympathetic for Gus’s recruiting. We judged Gus for what he failed at recruiting but it was NEVER even close to this clown show.

Gus' failure was never recruiting. It was everything that happened once they got to campus: Jeremy Johnson, Sean White, Jovon Robinson, Duke Williams, Kyle Davis, Nate-Craig Meyers, Calvin Ashley, Byron Cowart... just to name a few. Gus did so much less with some of the best recruiting (according to rankings) that Auburn has ever seen.

Again it can't be overstated how hard it is to recruit when Kirby and Saban are telling kids that they're wasting their times considering a coach who won't be here next year. It's every bit likely that Harsin just doesn't get recruiting, but we'll never know for sure because of how handicapped he is.

We are living through the darkest timeline...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I totally get concerns but there's increasing evidence that hiring position AHCs can work. Of everyone I think we can realistically get I think he checks off the most boxes of what we need at this moment (aside from maybe Deion if we could get him but I know you don't like him either):

Everyone from Kirby's staff who has been hired has either had proven success or has his team headed in the right direction. Leg Humper fans consider him and Pittman, who has worked miracles so far, to be the two most valuable contributors to their success aside from Bowlcut himself. Extremely well-liked by HS coaches throughout the region. An Auburn grad, so would get along well with the PTB.

So with that in mind who if anyone do you think we could realistically get that you'd like?

Let’s ask ourselves why did Billy Napier, Cristobal, Stoops, Lincoln Riley and other alleged coaching prospects tell Auburn no…..why does Auburn keep settling…serious question…what is the turn off?

On 10/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Zeek said:

Quarterback (Need 1)

• 3* Jaxon Smolik | 6-2 200 | West Des Moines, IA | Tulane Commit
  • 4* Rickie Collins | 6-2 190 | Baton Rouge, LA | Purdue Commit
  • 4* JJ Kohl | 6-6 227 | Ankeny, IA | Iowa State Commit
  • 4* Chris Parson | 6-0.5 200 | Brentwood, TN 
  • 4* Emory Williams | 6-4.5 190 | Milton, FL | Miami Commit
  • 4* Brock Glenn | 6-2 195 | Memphis, TN | FSU Lean

Running Back (1 Committed - Need 1 more)

• 4* Jeremiah Cobb | 5-11 190 | Manor, TX | Auburn Commit
  • 4* Roderick Robinson II | 6-1 230 | San Diego, CA | UCLA Commit
  • 3* Keyjuan Brown | 5-0 205 | Atlanta, GA | Purdue Commit
  • 3* Sergio Snider | 5-10 185 | Arlington, TX | Nebraska Lean
  • 3* Khalifa Keith | 6-2 217 | Birmingham, AL | Kentucky Commit

Wide Receiver (1 Committed - Need 2 more)

• 4* Karmello English | 5-11 175 | Phenix City, AL | Auburn Commit
  • 3* Ja'Kobi Lane | 6-5 175 | Mesa, AZ 
  • 4* William Fowles | 6-2 195 | Hialeah, FL
  • 4* Daquayvious Sorey | 6-2 185 | Chipley, FL | Florida Lean
  • 4* Malachi Riley | 6-2 178 | Corona, CA | Unclear who leads
  • 3* Cayden Lee | 5-11 175 | Kennesaw, GA | Unclear who leads
  • 3* Nakai Poole | 6-3 205 | Norcross, GA | Mississippi State Commit
  • 3* Lamar Seymore | 6-0 175 | Miami, FL | Pitt Commit

Tight End (Need 1)

• 4* Jackson Bowers | 6-5 225 | Mesa, AZ | BYU Lean
  • 3* Jackson Carver | 6-6 220 | Culver, IN | Miami Commit
  • 3* Reid Mikeska | 6-5.5 233 | Cypress, TX | Miami Commit
  • 3* Khamari Anderson | 6-4 225 | Detroit, MI | Cincinnati Commit
  • 4* Brett Norfleet | 6-7 220 | Saint Charles, MO | Mizzou Commit
  • 4* Jelani Thurman | 6-5 230 | Fairburn, GA | Ohio State Commit

Offensive Tackle (Need 2-3)

• 4* Bo Hughley | 6-7 290 | Fairburn, GA | Georgia Commit
  • 3* Vysen Lang | 6-5 330 | Pike Road, AL | Arkansas Lean
  • 4* DJ Chester | 6-5 300 | McDonough, GA | Auburn vs LSU vs FSU
  • 4* Kelton Smith | 6-5 310 | Columbus, GA | Georgia Lean
  • 3* Jatavius Shivers | 6-6 290 | Villa Rica, GA | Decommitted from Vandy
  • 3* TJ Johnson
  • 4* Zalance Heard | 6-5 300 | Monroe, LA | LSU Lean
  • 4* Stanton Ramil | 6-7 310 | Alabaster, AL | Tennessee Lean
  • 3* Naquil Betrand | 6-7 310 | Philadelphia, PA | Unknown who leads
  • 3* Ian Geffrard | 6-6 350 | Mableton, GA | Arkansas Commit

Inside Offensive Line (1 Committed - Need 2 or 3 more)

• 4* Bradyn Joiner | 6-1 330 | Auburn, AL | Auburn Commit
  • 3* Gernorris Wilson | 6-4.5 280 | Lakeland, FL | Unknown who leads
  • 4* Clay Wedin | 6-6 295 | Tampa, FL | Michigan State Commit
  • 3* RyQueze McElderry | 6-3 340 | Anniston, AL | Alabama Commit
  • 3* Connor Lew | 6-3 280 | Acworth, GA | UGA vs AU vs Miami vs Clemson

Edge (Need 2-3)

• 5* Jaquavious Russaw | 6-2 230 | Montgomery, AL | UGA & Bama Lead
  • 4* Gabriel Harris | 6-4 237 | Valdosta, GA | UGA Commit
  • 5* Chandavian Bradley | 6-4.5 220 | Platte City, MO | Tenn Leads
  • 4* Keldric Faulk | 6-5 240 | Highland Home, AL | FSU Commit
  • 4* Wilky Denaud | 6-4 245 | Fort Pierce, FL | FSU Lean
  • 4* Tausili Akana | 6-4 225 | Lehi, UT | Oklahoma Commit
  • 4* Gabriel Harris | 6-4 237 | Valdosta, GA | UGA Commit
  • 4* Rico Walker | 6-3 233 | Hickory, NC | UNC Leads
  • 3* Ashley Williams | 6-4 215 | Zachary, LA | Nebraska Commit

Defensive Line (Need 3+)

• 5* James Smith | 6-4 310 | Montgomery, AL | Alabama & Georgia Lead
  • Transfer: Derick Hunter | 6-4 285 | Texas A&M
  • 4* Jordan Renaud | 6-3 245 | Tyler, TX | Unknown leader
  • 4* Hunter Osborne | 6-3 250 | Trussville, AL | Clemson Lock
  • 4* Jordan Hall | 6-4.5 300 | Jacksonville, FL | FSU Lean
  • 4* Daevin Hobbs | 6-4 262 | Concord, NC | UNC Lean
  • 4* Jamaal Jarrett | 6-6 350 | Greensboro, NC | UGA Lean
  • 4* Rueben Bain | 6-2 250 | Miami, FL | Miami Lean
  • 4* Darron Reed | 6-4 270 | Columbus, GA | LSU Commit
  • 3* Joshua Horton | 6-5 290 | Fairburn, GA | Unknown Leader

Linebacker (Need 2)

• 3* Marcellius Pulliam | 6-3 215 | Tyrone, GA | Georgia Tech Leads
  • 4* Troy Bowles | 6-1 205 | Tampa, FL | UGA Lean
  • 4* Jaiden Ausberry | 6-0 205 | Baton Rouge, LA | ND vs AU
  • 4* CJ Allen | 6-1 217 | Barnesville, GA | UGA Commit
  • 4* Lewis Carter | 6-0 200 | Tampa, FL | Oklahoma vs UNC vs AU vs UCF
  • 4* Dee Crayton | 6-2 215 | Alpharetta, GA | Clemson Commit
  • 4* Stanquan Clark | 6-2 215 | Miami, FL | Miami Lean
  • 3* Phil Picciotti | 6-3 225 | Perkasie, PA | Oklahoma Commit
  • 3* Ethan Crisp | 6-3 205 | Mount Juliet, TN | Vandy Commit
  • 3* Eric Muse | 6-0 195 | Birmingham, AL | Unknown Leader

Corner Back (Need 2)

• 3* Jacorious Hart | 6-2 175 | Auburn, AL | Auburn Lean
  • 4* Ethan Nation | 5-11.5 165 | Roswell, GA | Unknown Leader
  • 4* Ja'Keem Jackson | 6-1 180 | Kissimmee, FL | Florida Lean

Safety (Need 2)

• 4* Terrance Love | 6-3 195 | Fairburn, GA | Auburn Commit
  • 4* Jaremiah Anglin Jr. | 6-1 184 | Lake Wales, FL | FSU Lean
  • 4* Sylvester Smith | 5-11 195 | Munford, AL | Tennessee Commit
  • 4* Cedrick Hawkins | 6-0 175 | Titusville, FL | Ohio State Commit
  • 4* DaKaari Nelson | 6-3 203 | Selma, AL | Penn State Commit

Zeek's thoughts:

QB - Smolik is the guy right now. After a huge performance at the Elite 11 he is now a hot commodity.

RB - Cobb + someone else... still not clear who

WR - English + at least one more person... still not clear who

TE - we have four fallback plans all of which are committed elsewhere. It's going to be hard.

OL - Hughley, Joiner, Chester, Shivers, Johnson, Lang, and Wilson are the targets. We would take all the above at this point.

DL/Edge - I don't know why anyone is getting paid to recruit this position. Absolutely horrendous how much talent we have missed on...  no idea what the plan is here

LB - CRob is a good recruiter but he is getting absolutely waxed right now. We are losing all of our options here.

DB - Zac Etheridge gets a lot of love but he isn't doing great either... he is about to miss on Jackson and we have no other safety remotely interested. JC Hart SHOULD be a slam dunk...

THAT is absolute failure on a monumental scale.

Harsin's football career is toast if he does what I think he does this season.  You just can't go to a program like Auburn and absolutely crap the bed like this.  Temple wouldn't even touch him.

What a waste

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Again it can't be overstated how hard it is to recruit when Kirby and Saban are telling kids that they're wasting their times considering a coach who won't be here next year. It's every bit likely that Harsin just doesn't get recruiting, but we'll never know for sure because of how handicapped he is.

Gus was always on the hot seat too. But he managed to rake in top 15 recruiting classes constantly. Not to mention he brought in guys like Stidham and Duke Williams as transfers. 

I am in no way vouching for Gus as the head coach of Auburn. He had a whole bag of issues (one of them being his trust in his offensive staff) but so far, Harsin has shown to have those same issues and maybe even worse. He fired his OC after one season and fired his WR coach mid season. 

All this to say, Harsin is just as much responsible for his recruiting woes as and booster or rival coach. The status quo at Auburn under him has been nothing but instability and chaos. He’s gone through more staffers than I thought was possible since he’s been here. He crapped the bed on the covid thing, he seems to have legit issues with connecting with players, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes it is the only issue because football is also where they have tended to meddle the most….let’s be serious, they gave Bruce the keys, walked away and hoped for the best. And see how it worked out. He was able to build and manage the program how he saw fit, same with the other sports you mentioned. 

Let's look at it this way then, if you could indulge me for a moment.  These boosters are business men and women.  In order to have the kind of money that they have, they are good business men and women.  So, that probably means, if they see that what they did for Bruce Pearl worked and that "business venture" is working, they would probably replicate it in other sports too as it is a successful business model.

Having said all of this however, I do see where you are coming from so I understand how you feel.  With the type of information put out there the last six months I also think you are valid in those thoughts.  I just know that the boosters are not meddling like they are being made out to be because I work with a few of them and am the architect on how they are making these gifts.  It is part of what I do for a living.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Let's look at it this way then, if you could indulge me for a moment.  These boosters are business men and women.  In order to have the kind of money that they have, they are good business men and women.  So, that probably means, if they see that what they did for Bruce Pearl worked and that "business venture" is working, they would probably replicate it in other sports too as it is a successful business model.

Having said all of this however, I do see where you are coming from so I understand how you feel.  With the type of information put out there the last six months I also think you are valid in those thoughts.  I just know that the boosters are not meddling like they are being made out to be because I work with a few of them and am the architect on how they are making these gifts.  It is part of what I do for a living.

Thanks for the info.  But from the outdide looking in we (Auburn) seem to be so disorganized with no clear direction when it comes to NIL.  Our competitors seem to have hit the ground running from day 1.  Who is at fault?  Allen Green?  Dr. Roberts our president?  Harsin?  The BOT?  Someone, somewhere has got to get this under control before we slip below the Mississippi schools and Vandy.  Even South Carolina seems to have their act together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinman1 said:

Thanks for the info.  But from the outdide looking in we (Auburn) seem to be so disorganized with no clear direction when it comes to NIL.  Our competitors seem to have hit the ground running from day 1.  Who is at fault?  Allen Green?  Dr. Roberts our president?  Harsin?  The BOT?  Someone, somewhere has got to get this under control before we slip below the Mississippi schools and Vandy.  Even South Carolina seems to have their act together.

All the people you mentioned are not allowed to be directly involved in NIL because they are part of the University. I wonder why we don't have multiple Collectives.  As an example a big Ugly Collective for O-Line where all the money goes to O-Line. I think most team have about 16-20 O-Line. If this collective could raise $1,000,000 then if we had 20 O-Line that would be $50,000 per player.   These type collectives could be supported by everyday fans  as an example 40,000 fans at $25 per fan. Similar type collective for D-Line, etc.  

Star players like Tank a great RB with a great name Tank it is easy for them to get NIL money it is the every day players who are not starts that it is harder  to raise money for. Our Big money types can bankroll the Star types 

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Brace for impact. Just admitting that Gus, in all his mediocrity” was a pretty successful recruiter will have you labeled a Gus lover. If anything, Harsin’s issues with bringing in offensive linemen make me more sympathetic for Gus’s recruiting. We judged Gus for what he failed at recruiting but it was NEVER even close to this clown show.

Trust me, I’ve gotten all of it haha

I have become detached from football as an ardent supporter due in part to Gus’s failure in the SECCG, the Bo Nix experiment and the Georgia ass kickings in between. But even then, I can be honest and admit that Gus didn’t leave Harsin a dumpster fire 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Trust me, I’ve gotten all of it haha

I have become detached from football as an ardent supporter due in part to Gus’s failure in the SECCG, the Bo Nix experiment and the Georgia ass kickings in between. But even then, I can be honest and admit that Gus didn’t leave Harsin a dumpster fire 

I agree Gus left some pretty good talent but the problem was it was almost all on the D side. Not having an O-Line that could run block against SEC defenses prevented your star RB from having a breakout year, not having elite WR's prevented us from taking advantage of teams that stacked LOS to stop the run and not having a QB who could hit the long ball on any type of consistent bases when our WR's did beat their man crippled this team. The one area on O where we were good was TE and Harsin did use this better then Gus. Bo was not a bad QB but was inconsistent looking like a world beater then like he was lost.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

@AuburnNTexas is correct that they cannot be directly involved so I wouldn't really blame them.  I would say at the beginning at least it was frustrating because Harsin could have communicated through back channels who needed what.  He could have done what Kiffen and Smart did with my other clients.  :bawling:  So right now we are in a holding pattern to let the collectives sort themselves out and see if we get more guidance.  Please note this is in reference to the NIL only and not the other giving they do for the university.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

@AuburnNTexas is correct that they cannot be directly involved so I wouldn't really blame them.  I would say at the beginning at least it was frustrating because Harsin could have communicated through back channels who needed what.  He could have done what Kiffen and Smart did with my other clients.  :bawling:  So right now we are in a holding pattern to let the collectives sort themselves out and see if we get more guidance.  Please note this is in reference to the NIL only and not the other giving they do for the university.

I am one of the ones who blame some of our boosters who in the past whether true or not the rumors are they try to get involved in areas where they should not. To be fair if it is true it is only a few boosters the majority give with no other ulterior motive other than love of Auburn. There are the people who provided the money for buyouts the new performance center and a myriad number of things we don't see and hear about.

Maybe because we have had stricter guidance from compliance that may have affected NIL I don't know as all my knowledge is based on different posts I see on boards like this. It does appear that the fact we have had multiple iterations of NIL collectives we don't seem to be as good at it as our competitors. 

What I do know is we are not doing the job we need in recruiting and it is for various reasons.  Things Harsin did bad at beginning without creating relationships with HS coaches and has improved but still has work to do, the debacle in February that has made him look like a lame duck coach and NIL being slow to get going we only have one chance and that is a great season which to be honest would be very difficult to pull off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree Gus left some pretty good talent but the problem was it was almost all on the D side. Not having an O-Line that could run block against SEC defenses prevented your star RB from having a breakout year, not having elite WR's prevented us from taking advantage of teams that stacked LOS to stop the run and not having a QB who could hit the long ball on any type of consistent bases when our WR's did beat their man crippled this team. The one area on O where we were good was TE and Harsin did use this better then Gus. Bo was not a bad QB but was inconsistent looking like a world beater then like he was lost.

I don’t fully agree with this. The defense was more stacked but Gus left Harsin, not only the tight end room, but, Kobe Hudson, Tank Bigsby (Top 5 RB in nation),  one of the top recruited QB’s ( D. Davis), and let’s not forget our top 3 receivers (Seth, Anthony, and Eli) all still had eligibility left and left on their own accord to enter the draft. Had those 3 guys stacked last year, we would have had a good bucket of WR’s to work with.

I agree that he left nothing on the Oline. But, sh**, if Harsin gets run off, he will leave even less to the next guy. 

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t fully agree with this. The defense was more stacked but Gus left Harsin, not only the tight end room, but, Kobe Hudson, Tank Bigsby (Top 5 RB in nation),  one of the top recruited QB’s ( D. Davis), and let’s not forget our top 3 receivers (Seth, Anthony, and Eli) all still had eligibility left and left on their own accord to enter the draft. Had those 3 guys stacked last year, we would have had a good bucket of WR’s to work with.

I agree that he left nothing on the Oline. But, sh**, if Harsin gets run off, he will leave even less to the next guy. 

You can't say that Harsin had the three WR's that went the NFL route. They were going to do that even if Gus has not been let go and counting Davis is really weak. I already counted Tank and TE's. I also mentioned that Harsin used the TE's better then Gus did.  I will give you that if Harsin is let go now O-line will be in even worse state.  With a good to great O-Line Tank puts up great numbers but last year his numbers were pedestrian but that was on O-Line not Tank.

Kobe Hudson was our top receiver last year but his numbers were only so so no where near elite.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1