2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

5 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Keith said he is heading to Ft. Pierce to cover Denaud's announcement. 

Wow Ft Pierce....now that's a fun town :-X too bad Jai Alai Fronton has shut down. 

10 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Hunter Osborne from Hewitt-Trussville ditches AU in his final 4.  Any word on why?  Is he just a bammer, we prefer others....just curious why all the in-state Big boy D players are going elsewhere 

guess we do miss Eason?

We hardly pull any Birmingham-Metro guys. So unfortunately it’s not surprising 

56 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We hardly pull any Birmingham-Metro guys. So unfortunately it’s not surprising 

And this is a real shame. In the good ol' days, the B'ham area was a solid gold mine for AU. Sometime between the era of Heisman winner Pat Sullivan and current times we've lost out there. We got any number of players from B'ham that Bryant wanted at bammer but the times have changed. If someone knows how to reverse things in Birmingham we should hire him.

I don't think we'll rise back to the top without getting at least 35 to 40% of the top in-state players. That's not happening these days.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Hunter Osborne from Hewitt-Trussville ditches AU in his final 4.  Any word on why?  Is he just a bammer, we prefer others....just curious why all the in-state Big boy D players are going elsewhere 

guess we do miss Eason?

Hunter is a very close friend to my sister. He grew up an Alabama fan but said his best relationship is with Dabo & Eason. He enjoyed his trips to Auburn but said coaching instability worked against us. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Bama as it has been a childhood dream but I also get the feeling that he’s just enough of a priority to stroke the ego of a 17 year old but also likely one of the first to be processed should they land bigger fish. This is a Clemson-UA race. He’s a very polite guy so he’s not going to cut anyone off unless he gets annoyed but the fact of the matter is if UA doesn’t land other guys, he’s theirs. Unless he gets a sense of disrespect from UA, then he’s Clempsun’s.

Edited by PearlofWisdom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 Discussion Thread

Memory from Facebook. “Those were the days my friend and I thought they’d never end”. 😝 

A6747563-4C8A-4DB5-B6BC-72D3113A1A01.png

The "Recruiting Hub" is updated! I included a lot of names that are borderline targets. We will know a lot more after Big Cat Weekend and the dead period end. We are working on a lot of flips as well (hard to do). With so many kids committing SO early in the cycle, I think we are going to see a lot of de-commitments this cycle. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

SIAP.....Keef put in a prediction for Connor Lew to the good guys today. He thinks me have recruited him harder and made him more of a priority than UGA has and he thinks it pays off. Great news. Hope it comes to fruition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

SIAP.....Keef put in a prediction for Connor Lew to the good guys today. He thinks me have recruited him harder and made him more of a priority than UGA has and he thinks it pays off. Great news. Hope it comes to fruition. 

Biggest need in the class. The guy is apparently a throwback to Dismukes and Pugh. As a Jr in HS he is supposedly throwing more weight around than Brahms is right now, as a 6th year Sr. Crazy

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

Biggest need in the class. The guy is apparently a throwback to Dismukes and Pugh. As a Jr in HS he is supposedly throwing more weight around than Brahms is right now, as a 6th year Sr. Crazy

Fully agree. I think he is set to commit in the next week or two IIRC.

• Like 1

3* OL Connor Lew trending towards is great. Would be a head-to-head win against Georgia for a guy they really wanted. Bo Hughley also continues to give us attention.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, toddc said:

Watched his tape. He looks terrible according to the workout for elite 11

Edited by Randman5000

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Watched his tape. He looks terrible according to the workout for elite 11

Watched halfway. No way Harsin takes him if he is a good evaluater of QB talent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Watched halfway. No way Harsin takes him if he is a good evaluater of QB talent.

I thought we were past the decision point of whether Harsin wanted him or not? Agree he was off target many times in this video but definitely looked better many other videos when Harsin first started recruiting him.

Gentlemen.  I have backed off the recruiting ledge a bit.  We seem to be taking the Clemson approach of quality over quantity.   I will allow it for now.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Gentlemen.  I have backed off the recruiting ledge a bit.  We seem to be taking the Clemson approach of quality over quantity.   I will allow it for now.   

I’m sure Harsin is pleased to hear that.

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure Harsin is pleased to hear that.

I updated him in our weekly meeting 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Before anyone gets upset about a last-minute transfer from JSU. We are still 4 scholarships under, I think, and this guy would only be here for this season. He'd then clear out and we'd get the spot back for next year.

He'd likely just be emergency depth and probably special teams. Get in on some packages if he knocks it outta the park. Zero harm to this move imo, unless he's a locker room cancer.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I don’t remember us ever having so many head to head battles with FSU. 

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We offered OT Jatavius Shivers. 

16 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We offered OT Jatavius Shivers. 

image.gif.058b1cb255e2e822a7bbbcda7f7a2904.gif

• Like 1

Ashley Williams, Nebraska commit, could be about to flip in the next few days. Report says 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2