2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

It just feels like we're so close to the gates opening a bit in this class. So damn close. Just hope things pop eventually 

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

It just feels like we're so close to the gates opening a bit in this class. So damn close. Just hope things pop eventually 

ViciousQuerulousIndianelephant-max-1mb.g

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

Ashley Williams, Nebraska commit, could be about to flip in the next few days. Report says 

Maybe this is who Bradyn is talking about 

Not sure. I think it's the kid from Loachapoka tbh. Announcing next week. 

But staff feels very good bout Bo Hughley, Gernorris Wilson, Jatavius Shivers and Ashley Williams. 

Hughley, Thurman and Williams staying overnight. 

Edited by Randman5000

39 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Maybe this is who Bradyn is talking about 

Man, Joiner feels like such an important piece of this class on multiple levels. Maybe the most important recruit we’ve had in a few years honestly……

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, Joiner feels like such an important piece of this class on multiple levels. Maybe the most important recruit we’ve had in a few years honestly……

Seems like his been committed for 4 years......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Seems like his been committed for 4 years......

A really good OL, committed early and recruiting hard for AU. Can’t really remember the last time we had that combination…..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Not sure. I think it's the kid from Loachapoka tbh. Announcing next week. 

But staff feels very good bout Bo Hughley, Gernorris Wilson, Jatavius Shivers and Ashley Williams. 

Hughley, Thurman and Williams staying overnight. 

Getting those guys would be a dream wouldn’t it.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I get that. But, that’s the way it’s felt many times this far under CBH. I need to see results to change my opinion. Need I remind y’all that UAT has landed THREE 5*s this week.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I get that. But, that’s the way it’s felt many times this far under CBH. I need to see results to change my opinion. Need I remind y’all that UAT has landed THREE 5*s this week.

Honestly we wish you would stop reminding us COMPLETELY.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

Maybe the most important recruit we’ve had in a few years honestly……

Feels like we say this every class. Last class it was Damari Alston

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I think we've been pretty clear on your stance. I get it though. It's either gonna happen or it won't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Feels like we say this every class. Last class it was Damari Alston

I think a big time OL is different but I hear what you’re saying

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Honestly we wish you would stop reminding us COMPLETELY.

So you prefer the ostrich approach: Bury your head in the sand and make believe the cruel world isn't really out there doing what it is doing?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

KN saying just a matter of time. We already knew that so I'm not passing along anything newsworthy. Just a matter on if it's today or he waits a few days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, that is good news, looks promising!    I realize that this might be unpopular but I am great with getting a 2024 QB committed, if there is one position on this team that has an abundance of players for this season then our crowded qb room is it.  We have much more urgent needs.   Recruits today are more like businessmen  and are after a lot more than a special place to play.  It is a new era in recruitment  and in commitment, so any small victories for our team should be celebrated.  This staff has recently evaluated and gone  after very talented players and that is really all you can ask them to do.  It is not an excuse to say that February was detrimental to recruiting, it is a fact.  So if we can flip a few that were really interested in Auburn to begin with then  maybe we are getting players that love Auburn as a special school  also, so win/win!

• Thanks 1

Out of nowhere. Word is he was a silent to the cocks and no one knew. I'm ready to move on from him from what I've seen and heard. We recently picked up a RPM pick from Keith to land Bo.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Out of nowhere. Word is he was a silent to the cocks and no one knew. I'm ready to move on from him from what I've seen and heard. We recently picked up a RPM pick from Keith to land Bo.

That sucks but coach Shane seemingly doing work at USCe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fredst said:

A really good OL, committed early and recruiting hard for AU. Can’t really remember the last time we had that combination…..

image.gif

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Definitely something about what they're selling up there appeals to players. My guess is that he is totally in his element in that middle east coast area. Raised in the CF world and that relative location. I think what is great for him too is his seat is a lot harder to heat up. He can go 6-6 repeatedly and keep that base happy if they feel he loves the school and he is competitive. 

• Like 1

FWIW I think we're going to have the following on board over the next month or so:

• 3* OL Connor Lew
  • 4* OL Bo Hughley
  • 3* OL Gernorris Wilson
  • 3* CB JC Hart
  • 3* LB Marcellius Pulliam
  • 4* DE Ashley Williams

JC Hart and Pulliam are still missing some ratings so I can't tell how much they would impact our team ranking in recruiting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I really had hoped we would've given him an interview.  He had been on my short list since 2015-16

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

So you prefer the ostrich approach: Bury your head in the sand and make believe the cruel world isn't really out there doing what it is doing?

Ironic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, au302 said:

KN saying just a matter of time. We already knew that so I'm not passing along anything newsworthy. Just a matter on if it's today or he waits a few days.

THAT is one well written decommitment notice.  I am actually impressed. Quite impressed.