2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

This is not about verbal versus written offers. The inference from the article that AU has just now offered  whether verbal or written. AU offers tons of kids before written offers are sent out. How do  you think anyone has been committing for the past few months without a written offer?

That's not how it works. All schools sent out offers this week. Everything has been verbal. They were all made official. August 1 is official offer day. 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-recruiting-class-auburn-tigers-bryan-harsin/

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

image.thumb.png.51a0226578773c45cd77c6e6607f5236.pngDon’t know why Twitter blocked , but it’s offensive to see UCF on there maybe. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

That's not how it works. All schools sent out offers this week. Everything has been verbal. They were all made official. August 1 is official offer day. 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-recruiting-class-auburn-tigers-bryan-harsin/

@Randman5000We were late offering this guy. (Rickey Gibson) Period. Written, verbal or whatever does not matter. How do you think we got and accepted commitments from the guys already on board? They didn't have to wait until August 1st to accept an offer. We offered, they accepted and were counted as committed.

We already have commitments from class of 2024 guys. They haven't had to wait until August 1st of next year to accept an AU offer.

• Haha 1

@Randman5000We were late offering this guy. (Rickey Gibson) Period. Written, verbal or whatever does not matter. How do you think we got and accepted commitments from the guys already on board? They didn't have to wait until August 1st to accept an offer. We offered, they accepted and were counted as committed.

We already have commitments from class of 2024 guys. They haven't had to wait until August 1st of next year to accept an AU offer.

Again, you don't know what your talking about. Keep your head in the sand

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Weirdly, Jonesy’s prognosis makes me feel better—says that once there’s “excitement” around the program, NIL and therefore recruiting will get on track.

Then why didn't Neibur's article list the 30 or so recruits that we probably gave official written offers to on August 1st? Question for  you then, do you think AU has provided this recruit a verbal offer before August 1st?

• Like 1

Then why didn't Neibur's article list the 30 or so recruits that we probably gave official written offers to on August 1st? Question for  you then, do you think AU has provided this recruit a verbal offer before August 1st?

The way I read this is this was the 1st time we gave an offer Official or un-Official. That said it did not state that explicitly. My belief is we were late to the party but that does not mean we have no chance Ohio State beat us for a QB and they were late to the party. Usually being late does hurt your chances.

• Like 1

Again, you don't know what your talking about. Keep your head in the sand

I don't think you understand exactly what you are claiming. Here's one example: Terrance Love committed to Auburn and his commitment was accepted on April 10, 2022. According to you, that is impossible. How do you explain this?

Weirdly, Jonesy’s prognosis makes me feel better—says that once there’s “excitement” around the program, NIL and therefore recruiting will get on track.

When can we expect said excitement to commence? Many of the prospects that would naturally be AU targets in this cycle have already committed. The pool of available talent is shrinking. While flips do happen, they are an up-hill battle.

• Facepalm 1

I don't think you understand exactly what you are claiming. Here's one example: Terrance Love committed to Auburn and his commitment was accepted on April 10, 2022. According to you, that is impossible. How do you explain this?

When can we expect said excitement to commence? Many of the prospects that would naturally be AU targets in this cycle have already committed. The pool of available talent is shrinking. While flips do happen, they are an up-hill battle.

Not sure who pays you but you earn your money well!! Great choice for your handle also…….Mikey likes nothing.

Not sure who pays you but you earn your money well!! Great choice for your handle also…….Mikey likes nothing.

I wish someone would pay me by the post or at least by the year. I have been here a very long time. As far as I can remember the only posters who were here when I started and are still here are metafour and maybe RIR. There may be more but I couldn't swear to that.

Weirdly, that could be years. 

Weirdly, that could be years. 

Shuuuuush! Accurate, practical posts here will get you tossed into the Debbie Downer category by the See No Evil (or even see no facts) group.

• Haha 1

The way I read this is this was the 1st time we gave an offer Official or un-Official. That said it did not state that explicitly. My belief is we were late to the party but that does not mean we have no chance Ohio State beat us for a QB and they were late to the party. Usually being late does hurt your chances.

My take exactly.

Shuuuuush! Accurate, practical posts here will get you tossed into the Debbie Downer category by the See No Evil (or even see no facts) group.

Check. Just gets old seeing that we have money but we either don't spend it, don't spend enough of it or were waiting on the time to be right. It's not my money for sure, but if it were, I'd prioritize the OL. It's like TJ Finley's shirt that says "O-Linemen, because QBs need heroes too" (or something like that). 

• Like 1

He posted a few on Monday...but mostly posted how the officials compared to other schools and what they looked like. We don't know what was communicated with him but it was made official this week. I'm just saying people are reading into it too much and all was made formal this week. 

Edited by Randman5000

What I’m saying is that if Harsin isn’t it (which both you and I believe to be the case), then someone who can actually recruit and get support with the right people (re: the PTB) will get things going with NIL.

We are not freaking Troy or UAB. There is literally zero reason for us to not finish top 15 in rankings each year.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

The irony...Those are the rules you set over the last decade.

• Thanks 1

I understand people are frustrated (so am I) but it's going to work out. The players are confident, the staff is confident, and the 2024 kids are really buying in to the program.

If we start 4-1 or 5-0 it's going to be fun. 2023 has some solid dudes and the OL portal should be easier with almost no one coming back (in the starting group).

Not saying everything is going to end well just that there's a reason for optimism.

The portal will be a blessing for us, assuming everything goes well this season and we have proof of concept. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 6

We're all trying to stay positive but fans are impatient beings by nature. No one wants to wait until '24. A year ago some experts were raving about the '23 class being maybe one of the strongest ever in Alabama with many 5*s. That's true but it looks like none of them will be wearing O & B. I'm still hopeful we snag one  or two.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're all trying to stay positive but fans are impatient beings by nature. No one wants to wait until '24. A year ago some experts were raving about the '23 class being maybe one of the strongest ever in Alabama with many 5*s. That's true but it looks like none of them will be wearing O & B. I'm still hopeful we snag one  or two.

We could get 2 commits in 2 days.. We'll see

All offers were official finally. They've just been informal and verbal up until this week. It's not just us, it's for every school. 

This has already been explained to you by others, but they literally just offered Ricky Gibson a few days ago - verbal or official. This has absolutely nothing to do with "official offers just going out". He only recently started getting attention from us, and it's probably going to be too late.

He's going to announce a Top 3 soon and we might not even make that. This kid is related to Karlos Dansby and it looks like UGA is going to get him. He tested through the roof at one of their camps.

Again, this is another in a long line very strange recruiting "decisions" by this staff. Take a look at this kid's offer list; national champion UGA wants him and he's an AU legacy. And they literally only now started showing him attention. Why? We are not in a crunch for 2023 spots.

• Like 2

This has already been explained to you by others, but they literally just offered Ricky Gibson a few days ago - verbal or official. This has absolutely nothing to do with "official offers just going out". He only recently started getting attention from us, and it's probably going to be too late.

He's going to announce a Top 3 soon and we might not even make that. This kid is related to Karlos Dansby and it looks like UGA is going to get him. He tested through the roof at one of their camps.

Again, this is another in a long line very strange recruiting "decisions" by this staff. Take a look at this kid's offer list; national champion UGA wants him and he's an AU legacy. And they literally only now started showing him attention. Why? We are not in a crunch for 2023 spots.

It's not a coincidence. And no one knows what has been communicated. This has not been explained by others and people are overreacting

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1