2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

Anyone know where @Zeek went? I’m a little worried about him. 😝 

• Haha 1

Exactly, if Auburn had it their way they’d already have the 25 player limit. It’s not like they’re being super picky and just not taking guys, we’re just losing a lot of battles 

You are aware that there is no 25 player limit this year? No limits on high school/JUCO signees or on transfers. All a program has to be concerned about is not going over the overall 85 limit. With so many of our players being upper classmen and more guys certain to enter the transfer portal we could probably bring in 35 or more new guys, if we could get them. Sadly, it doesn't look like we can interest many prospects in an Auburn scholarship.

You are aware that there is no 25 player limit this year? No limits on high school/JUCO signees or on transfers. All a program has to be concerned about is not going over the overall 85 limit. With so many of our players being upper classmen and more guys certain to enter the transfer portal we could probably bring in 35 or more new guys, if we could get them. Sadly, it doesn't look like we can interest many prospects in an Auburn scholarship.

You said all that to pretty much say the exact same thing I did. Whatever the limit is they’d like to have it already 

Edited by Sizzle

You said all that to pretty much say the exact same thing I did. Whatever the limit is they’d like to have it already 

With a much different intent in mind!!

• Like 1

You said all that to pretty much say the exact same thing I did.

No I didn't. I said all that because when you wrote this: "... they’d already have the 25 player limit. " I quite naturally assumed that you were unaware that the 25 player limit you mentioned was not in effect this year.

No I didn't. I said all that because when you wrote this: "... they’d already have the 25 player limit. " I quite naturally assumed that you were unaware that the 25 player limit you mentioned was not in effect this year.

If what you say is true (trying to make him aware of 25 player limit removal) all this was unnecessary and just your usual negative take on anything AU:

With so many of our players being upper classmen and more guys certain to enter the transfer portal we could probably bring in 35 or more new guys, if we could get them. Sadly, it doesn'tlook like we can interest many prospects in an Auburnscholarship.

• Facepalm 1

Anyone know where @Zeek went? I’m a little worried about him. 😝 

School is back in session lol. Trying to figure out my new position.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.16d6b60c3dab12bf88d240ec08b85a8b.png

Just saying!

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.16d6b60c3dab12bf88d240ec08b85a8b.png

Just saying!

Someone to watch. I've coached against him and wasn't super impressed. Has talent but will need to be developed by much better coaching than he is currently getting. 

The staff believes Geriner is the future and with Posse on board we can take a project kid like this. Overall win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone to watch. I've coached against him and wasn't super impressed. Has talent but will need to be developed by much better coaching than he is currently getting. 

The staff believes Geriner is the future and with Posse on board we can take a project kid like this. Overall win.

JLee went as far as to say he's the most likely QB to sign with us this class right now. Long convo with Hars earlier this week that resulted in an offer that Williams hasn't publicized yet. Working on scheduling a visit right now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JLee went as far as to say he's the most likely QB to sign with us this class right now. Long convo with Hars earlier this week that resulted in an offer that Williams hasn't publicized yet. Working on scheduling a visit right now

Yeah the writing was on the wall for his Miami commitment when they sign two quarterbacks and one got PAID while you didn't hear anything about the other. No shade on anyone but there is zero chance I would stay in a two quarterback class.

• Like 2

I am worried that the remaining 4 months of recruiting leading into ESD will simply be us justifying why the 3 star that just committed is either a diamond in the rough/should be ranked higher or fits into the overall picture bc we already have better talent on the roster. 

Would be a nice pickup as I believe you want a QB in every class. Like Zeek said he has talent but needs development as long as he realizes it would be a 2-3 years before he would be competing for the QB1 and that we have the coaches that can develop him at should be good for both Auburn and the young man.   

• Like 2

I am worried that the remaining 4 months of recruiting leading into ESD will simply be us justifying why the 3 star that just committed is either a diamond in the rough/should be ranked higher or fits into the overall picture bc we already have better talent on the roster. 

Of course there will be some of that.  But the fact we have room this year to bring in at least 30 players it is ok to get some who might have to be developed, but who even as 3*s will help the class ranking. If we can do well on the field this year, I am sure we will save some of those 30+ slots for Portal. If those players get us near top 15 this year and we have a good season it makes it harder to negative recruit against this staff and sad to say the ones we pick up that don't develop we will process out and replace with portal the following year.  

I have always been against processing players but in todays game with the Portal it is a necessary evil.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone has to replace Sawyer Pate when he graduates.   Not being funny, full time scout QB is a role.   Maybe this is the guy.   

Did Milton HS change their colors?   They used to be black and gold...

I think Reggie Slack )1980's )  came out of Milton HS.  

• Like 2

The Kohl kid from Iowa seems like the better option, but he is probably a long shot. Miami took his committment so he must have D1 talent. CMC doesn't waste schollies. Who knows about Posse sticking with AU. 2024 is a long way off. If he does end up 5* top QB in '24 class we'll have our work cut out for us. Reel Williams in CEK and CBH. Could be a ZC diamond in the rough type QB.

• Like 1

He did........... Reggie one of the all time best guys

Slack to Wasden vs UF was epic!

• Love 2

Slack to Wasden  vs UF was epic!

Wife and I was there....... happen right in front of us. Could not believe how open Wasden was. Felt a little bad for Emmett Smith he was totally exhausted and stay in the end zone with a towel over his head his teammates had to come and get him off the field.

Keonte Scott liked this tweet 

Edited by toddc

Keonte Scott liked this tweet 

Time for Bedell to work that West Coast.