2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Then what are the new data points? How many offers have the p5 teams sent out for the 2023 class? Significantly fewer than 250?

A quick look at the AU 2018 roster shows eight players from non-traditional areas. That's not including Texas and Arkansas, which are borderline normal areas for us. Are there significantly more than eight this year? That would reflect some "new normal". I'll let you do the counting.

JFC.  NIL has barely even been around a year.  Look at the 2025 roster if you want to make a fair comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

JFC.  NIL has barely even been around a year.  Look at the 2025 roster if you want to make a fair comparison.

The 2025 roster won't be available for a while. Meantime, I've been told I'm using outdated data points. Requesting that updated data points be provided is therefore not an unreasonable request.

If mine are outdated then post the current ones seems simple enough.

It's amazing what we have been doing on the recruiting front in certain areas. 

But it will be all for nothing without rebuilding the offensive line and nothing seems to be changing here. there is a huge pitch to be made with NIL money and early playing time. I don't get why we keep whiffing here and striking gold in so many other position groups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Good guys?

Pretty sure it’s Auburn 

On a more related to the topic note…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Please please please start a separate thread for Gus vs CBH recruiting. Y’all are ruining the 2023 commitment thread with these childish arguments that nobody is going to win! Geez 

Cleaned up and split off. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Christian Clemente (@CClemente247) Tweeted:
Auburn head coach @CoachHarsin and Auburn defensive line coach @CoachBrumbaugh in to watch 5-stars Qua Russaw and James Smith tonight

https://t.co/64M3XoCeYW https://twitter.com/CClemente247/status/1570944148550852608?s=20&t=jROEiaYiQFXCEUN01NwWag

https://twitter.com/cclemente247/status/1570944148550852608?s=46&t=yf62p992iuCChNFc1BlHaA

Edited by Randman5000
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

247 mentioned that Gernorris Wilson is on commit watch this weekend. 🤘

If an OL (an OT)  were to commit…..

040141A1-FA57-4B7A-97AA-AA9268F776E5.gif

Edited by fredst
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Wish someone would take up where Alston left off last year 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yeah we did too boys . AU offers all the playing time you want . Just need to get the money right . 

It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than "just get the money right".  We're trying to swim upstream and the current in our face is just about to drown us.  Also there is nothing to grab hold of to save ourselves.  

AU commit: 'We’re the people'

knows the game against Penn State was anything but pretty.

He also knows he has a chance to make a difference at Auburn.

The Auburn safety commit was in town for his official visit and did more than just take in the visit for himself. He's working to make the Tigers' 2023 class better, speaking with several big-time visitors this weekend.

"All the guys that come down here, I’m gonna be pretty much at every home game, talking to the biggest recruits, to get them here," Love said, "Because as you see, we need guys to come in and change this thing."

Terrance Love took an official visit to Auburn this weekend.
Terrance Love took an official visit to Auburn this weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

His message? Simple.

"I tell them ‘We’re the people who can come in and change this place," Love said. "Auburn is already gonna be Auburn."

Outside of recruiting others to join him at Auburn, Love spent his weekend with several of his close friends at Langston Hughes, many of which are being recruited by Auburn.

"I feel like bringing my good friends and teammates down here with me, it gives them an opportunity to see what it’s like," Love said. "If they have the chance to come here with me, I feel like that will be a great thing to do since I have already a strong bond with those guys."

aar.png

6'3" | 200 lbs | S | 2023

Caleb Wooden served as Love's player-host on his official visit, as he bonded with the team, had dinner, talked with the coaches and watched Auburn play Penn State.

"I mean, even though they didn’t come out on top, I still had a great weekend overall," Love said.

Auburn's loss does not effect its standing with Love. He's firm in his commitment to the Tigers, because it goes deeper than football.

"A lot of people ask me how they think I’m gonna de-commit because they lost this game big," Love said. "I love Auburn besides football. Everything else about this place. They love me — Auburn loves me back."

• Like 4
  • Love 2