2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So IYO Harsin is setting out with a losing strategy??? Late Sept/Oct isn't early if that's the first time IYO we're going to get any commits

No my guess is the reality is the elite people aren’t going to commit until they wait and see. If that is your opinion it’s a losers strategy then you can believe that. And I never said it was early. You are the one putting all of these qualifiers on the situation. Of course, we could fill our table with three stars, but again , then people will complain about that. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

No my guess is the reality is the elite people aren’t going to commit until they wait and see. If that is your opinion it’s a losers strategy then you can believe that. And I never said it was early. You are the one putting all of these qualifiers on the situation. Of course, we could fill our table with three stars, but again , then people will complain about that. 

I'm not trying to be combative, I'm trying to understand what you said.  You said "the priority is really getting that foundation of four and five star recruits early on, which again, IMO, are not going to commit to us until we see game results".

That means we aren't going to get anyone early bc they will not commit until late September. Right?

I'd agree with you that the true elite kids, like the top 50 I the country are in that boat. We probably need to start 5-0 before UGA to get some true traction there. But there are 300 4* kids that I'm pretty sure we'll get a handful of before the season starts

Edited by W.E.D

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That means we aren't going to get anyone early bc they will not commit until late September. Right?

No that’s your own interpretation of that. I have no clue nor am I concluding that we won’t get someone in 3 months or a month from now. The statement you are referring to only points to my opinion that CBH is providing a solid foundation for this young men by building a therapeutic relationship on and off the field this spring. It is just my opinion (which can very well be wrong) that the elite players won’t commit until they see some sort of success on the field. That is my logical rationale as to why we don’t have several commitments from that tier of players right now. That does not mean they won’t commit tomorrow, next week or in the next hour. 

What I am not going to conclude is somehow we are failing or behind the eight ball because we don’t have those commitments this spring or even this summer. We have no way of knowing if that makes this recruit class a failure or if that is a losing strategy. IMO, this is a marathon not a sprint.

I mean our own fans haven’t committed to this coach. Why are we expecting prospects to all of a sudden commit off of word of mouth without a true representation of results? It doesn’t make sense.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, DAG said:

What I am not going to conclude is somehow we are failing or behind the eight ball because we don’t have those commitments this spring or even this summer. We have no way of knowing if that makes this recruit class a failure or if that is a losing strategy. IMO, this is a marathon not a sprint.

If we had to wait until September to get commits, we'd be almost 3/4 through the race and wildly behind.

Well have nearly double digit commits by the time the season starts.

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Texas A&M currently has 3, 2023 commits... Alabama 2.  Auburn 1; UGA 7.  Not sure what to take away from this.

I agree. Having 1 right now isn't worrisome. But spring is when ppl start getting commits and I think we'll have a couple more by the end of ours

• Like 1

Edited by toddc

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We didn’t even make the Top 5 for Tony Mitchell. Are we going to get any of these Alabama top tier guys?

Not sure why you restrict it to just the "top tier"

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure why you restrict it to just the "top tier"

I would assume we’ll get a few Alabama commits as we always do. But we need to get our share of this once-in-a-generation batch of elite in state talent. Not just the leftovers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We didn’t even make the Top 5 for Tony Mitchell. Are we going to get any of these Alabama top tier guys?

If we're being honest, no. Only difference with TM is that he cut us now rather than string us along like a Khurtiss Perry and get our hopes up. Sounds promising for in-state DL though. They getting a ton on campus 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Corner?

Yes. From Hoover

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes. From Hoover

Currently IMG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Must be okay

Believe he's a 4* on all the sites. Somewhere between 12-22 in the state

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:40 PM, AUght2win said:

Tony  Mitchell goes to the Bama JV AKA Thompson High

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently Dale Miller is about to commit

Seems like we're right on the verge for a few. Maybe if this guy does it will open the flood gates a bit. One can hope

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Tony  Mitchell goes to the Bama JV AKA Thompson High

and peter woods from thompson does not have AU in his top 3 (bammer, UF, clem).  

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

and peter woods from thompson does not have AU in his top 3 (bammer, UF, clem).  

Yep. We seem to be in good shape for an OL out of there. But AU don't pull top talent from Thompson