2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

Article is VIp but anyone can see it for free today only!

https://247sports.com/Article/Braxton-Myers-top-schools-commitment-college-football-recruiting-186865262/

Edited by toddc

• Thanks 1

Auburn makes top 6 for in-state 4-star DB Avery Stuart

Cole Pinkstonabout 1 hour
avery-stuart-releases-top-6 (Photo by Chad Simmons/On3)

On Friday morning, Montgomery, Ala. native Avery Stuart released his top 6 schools. This was the second cut from Stuart as he knocked off 6 schools from the previous one. Auburn has survived the cut once again. 

Stuart is a 6-foot-2 175-pound corner prospect with a great lengthy frame and plenty of athleticism. He attends Alabama Christian Academy in Montgomery, Ala. He has been on campus at Auburn a few times, most recently in January. Stuart keeps things close to the vest with his recruitment, but Auburn is said to be one of the favorites. 

Stuart’s top schools

Stuart’s top schools includes Auburn ,Florida State, Arkansas, Miami, Kentucky and Michigan State. 

Auburn is the current leader for his eventual commitment at 41.6%, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Just behind the Tigers is Ole Miss at 24.7%. Georgia Tech, who did not make the cut, and Kentucky are behind Ole Miss at 11.1% and 9.2% respectively.

Auburn is in good shape at this point for the talented Montgomery prospect, but the corner board is still being shifted around. It isn’t clear yet where Stuart is on Auburn’s board. We do think that Auburn is in as good of a position as any of the other schools in his top schools list if they should push for him.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:56 PM, toddc said:

Great work by our media team here!

Agreed. Didn’t know Cadillac played for Rams 😆 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, Zeek said:

Updated 4/14/2022

Quarterback:

Running Back:

Wide Receiver:

Tight End:

Offensive Tackle:

Inside Offensive Linemen:

Defensive Line:

Edge:

Linebacker:

We have offered 22 linebackers... we lead for none... we are "warm" for none...

Defensive Backs:

Added the following

5* CB | Jahlil Hurley - we're believed to be in the process of flipping him

5* CB | Tony Mitchell - I believe he is another Khurtiss Perry/Pickens type of kid that isn't seriously considering us. However, he has scheduled an Official Visit (OV) so it's someone worth watching at the very least. Despite us not making his top 5 list. Just don't get emotionally invested in this one.

3* OT | Connor Stroh - look at his offer list not his stars. Kid is good and is actually built like a tackle should be.

4* S | Braxton Myers - I believe he said Auburn is his mom's favorite. Coach Etheridge is a star.

4* S | Avery Stuart 

4* DL | Jamaal Jarrett

Portal targets:

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 Recruiting Thread || Updated 5/03

Some more guys worth watching but I haven't seen them enough to add it to the Original Post (OP)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Added the following

5* CB | Jahlil Hurley - we're believed to be in the process of flipping him

5* CB | Tony Mitchell - I believe he is another Khurtiss Perry/Pickens type of kid that isn't seriously considering us. However, he has scheduled an Official Visit (OV) so it's someone worth watching at the very least. Despite us not making his top 5 list. Just don't get emotionally invested in this one.

3* OT | Connor Stroh - look at his offer list not his stars. Kid is good and is actually built like a tackle should be.

4* S | Braxton Myers - I believe he said Auburn is his mom's favorite. Coach Etheridge is a star.

4* S | Avery Stuart 

4* DL | Jamaal Jarrett

Portal targets:

Lole if healthy would be a great pickup.  Pearsall would also fill a real need. Kevonatay Dixon or Cody Jackson would help us also as both are  speed guys and a little bigger at 6'. Isibor would give us more depth in D-Line.

Nice to dream but not sure how many are really interested in us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Some more guys worth watching but I haven't seen them enough to add it to the Original Post (OP)

@Zeek can you find what I posted and repost it where it looks right. I can’t seem to do it. If not I’ll just delete it anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, toddc said:

@Zeek can you find what I posted and repost it where it looks right. I can’t seem to do it. If not I’ll just delete it anyway.

Let me get home and I will! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Let me get home and I will! 

@ me when you do and I’ll delete my post.

coaches are putting out the commitment signal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

coaches are putting out the commitment signal

https://247sports.com/Player/Dazalin-Worsham-46042539/

supposedly this WR from Miami. Impressive offer list.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Dazalin-Worsham-46042539/

supposedly this WR from Miami. Impressive offer list.

I assume coming back to the state of Alabama is appealing. No stats recorded at Miami which is interesting to me. Would think the staff would want someone with experience but he definitely looks athletic. 

Three years left to play (not counting the COVID year)

Screenshot_20220504-185521_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I assume coming back to the state of Alabama is appealing. No stats recorded at Miami which is interesting to me. Would think the staff would want someone with experience but he definitely looks athletic. 

Three years left to play (not counting the COVID year)

Screenshot_20220504-185521_Chrome.jpg

agreed on the no EXP being odd but at 6' 1" and 175 pounds he has to be a burner.  Could be the deep threat bigger body we need?

Report from my Miami-fan friend is that this guy never played due to a hip injury. No info on whether he's healthy now or not.

PS: Shouldn't he be listed in the class of '22?

Edited by Mikey

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe he was listed as first teamer during Miami spring practice not 100% sure

Someone said that on the bunker last night, I looked through a couple "Post Spring" depth charts and he wasn't listed in any that I read. 

A few Miami posters said he never recovered from his hip injury to get to back to full speed.  Might be a good possession WR, was reported to have a good spring.  So kinda all over the place.  

Seems like Injury recovery is the biggest hurdle atm.

He also counts against the '22 class.  Not '23

NIL, new head coach, big opportunity in the SEC  closer to home... several reasons he might have left Miami not having anything to do with ability. 

• Like 1

Lack of production was due to injury. Was 1st team this spring so seems to be healthy. Apparently has gotten bigger as is now listed at 6'2" and 202 pounds. so might be another big receiver. This is a gamble if really healthy and getting  bigger is good muscle we may have gotten a piece we really needed but there is a chance he could also be a bust. With our Current WR room and the fact that we have to pick up at least two portal players more this year or lose the scholarships it is probably worth the shot.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With our Current WR room and the fact that we have to pick up at least two portal players more this year or lose the scholarships it is probably worth the shot.

Exactly. This guy isn't taking someone else's scholarship. And his craft is probably superior to that of most of our WR room even if his body isn't. He'll make us better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. This guy isn't taking someone else's scholarship. And his craft is probably superior to that of most of our WR room even if his body isn't. He'll make us better. 

Definitely worth the risk.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe he was listed as first teamer during Miami spring practice not 100% sure

I was told by a Miami poster that was a result of injuries above him

• Sad 1

• Like 1

• Like 1