2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

What position are we recruiting him for?

No clue, I'm afraid. Tempting to say WR but Mason gets what Mason wants it seems, lol. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No clue, I'm afraid. Tempting to say WR but Mason gets what Mason wants it seems, lol. 

Just looked at 247 profile and it lists ethridge as recruiter, so maybe cb? Or is that just part of his territory?

9 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Just looked at 247 profile and it lists ethridge as recruiter, so maybe cb? Or is that just part of his territory?

It was Etheridge (and Reed) who pulled a couple big time kids from LA, so maybe just his (their) territory. Reed is from there, as you may be well aware. I know he's not technically supposed to be recruiting long term unless he is promoted to an on-field position, but maybe now that Etheridge has the lay of the land they can still team up somehow. 

TL;DR I don't know, and my apologies for not just starting with that, lol

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It was Etheridge (and Reed) who pulled a couple big time kids from LA, so maybe just his (their) territory. Reed is from there, as you may be well aware. I know he's not technically supposed to be recruiting long term unless he is promoted to an on-field position, but maybe now that Etheridge has the lay of the land they can still team up somehow. 

TL;DR I don't know, and my apologies for not just starting with that, lol

All is good, thanks for the input anyhow

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

We need DA to be in charge of the Caleb Williams recruitment. 😅

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets get back to recruiting and drop the Trey/Tro/Tre back and forth.....

Agreed.Thanks!

Now, about how to spell Thibodaux...

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets get back to recruiting and drop the Trey/Tro/Tre back and forth.....

So you are saying Tre Citizen is no longer a possibilty?  

Did I miss something?  

Did I miss anything? My life of extreme binge-watching | Television | The  Guardian

23 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We need DA to be in charge of the Caleb Williams recruitment. 😅

Is Damari working to become a dentist? ;)

On 12/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Gowebb11 said:

The 2010 team was proof that a couple of generational talents like Cam Newton and Nick Fairley can win a championship with solid but not spectacular teammates. Georgia has proven (to date) that having 20% of your roster as 5 stars doesn’t guarantee a championship. I’m just ready for AU to build a roster for sustained success over several years. It has been too long since that has been the case. 

The 2010 OLine was phenomenal.  I’d say spectacular. They blew open holes unlike anything I’ve seen since.  

22 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

The 2010 OLine was phenomenal.  I’d say spectacular. They blew open holes unlike anything I’ve seen since.  

2013 OLine was also very good. Everyone knew what play we were running and couldnt stop it

• Like 4

Dude is a big OL target for us. He'll be on campus Jan 18-19th. Based on what he's saying, he'll player either guard or center at his next stop. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

apologies if this has already been posted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Dude is a big OL target for us. He'll be on campus Jan 18-19th. Based on what he's saying, he'll player either guard or center at his next stop. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

apologies if this has already been posted.

I *think* he’s going to be at Cornell in the spring and won’t be on his campus of choice til the summer. Not positive though.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I *think* he’s going to be at Cornell in the spring and won’t be on his campus of choice til the summer. Not positive though.

If he's waiting on a Cornell degree, then by all means big fella, do your thing and we will see you in the summer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So would he be 2022 or 23 recruit?

I assume '22 but reporting in summer. If that is OK with us it could be a recruiting advantage. Some suitors probably would not be willing to wait.

• Like 2

Y'all will get on your "not enough stars" high horses but I've been trying to get this kid to reach out to Auburn. I was back home recently for a family matter (yeah, he plays for my HS alma mater) and spent some time with his HC talking up Auburn (his coach and my little brother played HS ball together). Freshman contributor? No. Solid starter after time with college nutrition, weight training, and coaching? I could see that for sure

https://247sports.com/Player/Mason-Ludwig-46108950/

On 1/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah. And no offense but with a degree from Cornell, I would think his future desire isn't going to the NFL. Maybe I'm wrong though and he loves Auburn

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah. And no offense but with a degree from Cornell, I would think his future desire isn't going to the NFL. Maybe I'm wrong though and he loves Auburn

Tons of elite degrees in the NFL.

My takeaway is that he'll be smart enough to pick up the offense by Labor Day. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He already has a degree so unless he wants to play on the NFL why would he play one more year.  Now whether he thinks Auburn is a good fit I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He already has a degree so unless he wants to play on the NFL why would he play one more year.  Now whether he thinks Auburn is a good fit I have no idea.

I understand he hasn’t graduated yet so will be a summer enrollee wherever he lands.