2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

14 hours ago, Paladin said:

Him or Vizzina would both be a nice start to QB recruiting.  Imagine we only take one

The state of Alabama is pretty loaded in 2023 with 13 guys inside the top 250 and 9 in the top 100.  Really need to do some work with these guys, hopefully the effort pays off.  Right now I don't think any "experts" are giving us much chance with top 10 kids.  UGA and Clemson need to go away

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great movie

One of my all time faves. Introduced my kids to it years ago-thought it would completely baffle my youngest who was probably 7-8 at the time. She’s probably rewatched it 20 times now…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Him or Vizzina would both be a nice start to QB recruiting.  Imagine we only take one

From hearng the social media comments related to Vizzina's father, it doesn't look they hold much respect for AU.

If it's a 23 signee, then Alabama may want Vizzina, but Arch Manning is also on their radar.

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

One of my all time faves. Introduced my kids to it years ago-thought it would completely baffle my youngest who was probably 7-8 at the time. She’s probably rewatched it 20 times now…..

One of those movies you can watch over and never get tried of it. Couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it

Paul Newman in The Sting (1973)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

From hearng the social media comments related to Vizzina's father, it doesn't look they hold much respect for AU.

If it's a 23 signee, then Alabama may want Vizzina, but Arch Manning is also on their radar.

Is his dad on twitter talking s*** or something?  Seems like the kid has at least done decent interviews with our recruiting sites

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Brookwood use to have a great program have no idea if still does

Not quite what they once were, but still not a program to overlook. They've been on the rebound a bit the last couple years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

Not quite what they once were, but still not a program to overlook. They've been on the rebound a bit the last couple years.

Briarwood.

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I would be curious to see/read a Tweet or two just to see what he is posting.  In other words...

LINK?

Edited by abw0004

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The state of Alabama is pretty loaded in 2023 with 13 guys inside the top 250 and 9 in the top 100.  Really need to do some work with these guys, hopefully the effort pays off.  Right now I don't think any "experts" are giving us much chance with top 10 kids.  UGA and Clemson need to go away

I thought we were set up to do well in the 2023 class? If not we better hope it's an easily fixable problem and not the NIL.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I thought we were set up to do well in the 2023 class? If not we better hope it's an easily fixable problem and not the NIL.

Seems like we have positive momentum, but it hasn't fully resonated with crystal balls yet.  Still super early, which is also why I quoted experts.

I thought Vizzina was an AU lean until Bobo was let go. Seems things have opened up. Higher rating than anyone AU signed this year.

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Is his dad on twitter talking s*** or something?  Seems like the kid has at least done decent interviews with our recruiting sites

Yes he is.  Sounds like a real big bammer to me.  He's all in this thread @COOPERQBDAD2025

Edited by SRBautigerfan

12 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Yes he is.  Sounds like a real big bammer to me.  He's all in this thread @COOPERQBDAD2025

lmao at that twitter named after you kid.  That's the worst kinda parent, living vicariously through your son's success

• Like 2