2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

not only is he trying to recruit for the ‘22 class, he’s trying to recruit for the ‘23 class too. He’s trying to bring in Hurley who’s a 5 star DB

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

You gotta like the way this sounds @cole256

Haven't been hyping him because I know people get tired of my recruit north West Alabama and Florence is consistently and constantly pushing out SEC and other high level conference recruits.

I know this kids family and his trainer so getting info on him should be a few texts away. I talked about him a year or two ago saying he's coming. 

I have been watching this guy play since he was little. Thought he'd be a high level wr, glad to see him playing corner. He's lanky, the way I like my corners. He's a legit 6 footer. Actually I hope he doesn't get moved to safety. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Haven't been hyping him because I know people get tired of my recruit north West Alabama and Florence is consistently and constantly pushing out SEC and other high level conference recruits.

I know this kids family and his trainer so getting info on him should be a few texts away. I talked about him a year or two ago saying he's coming. 

I have been watching this guy play since he was little. Thought he'd be a high level wr, glad to see him playing corner. He's lanky, the way I like my corners. He's a legit 6 footer. Actually I hope he doesn't get moved to safety. 

Awesome. Like you, being from north Alabama would love to see us recruit this area better. The volume of high quality recruits isn’t tremendous but we’ve missed on some good ones while appearing to put in little effort. Maybe we get lucky with Mr. Hurley, he looks like a really good player

Edited by fredst

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Finally going after North Alabama talent. Previous regimes seemed to ignore this part of the state. We seemed to concede this area to bama and Tenn.We should not be afraid to go after a elite players even in areas where we have not been strong in the past.

I like that we now are trying to lockdown local talent auburn,, Opelika, Phenix City, Columbus, Ga. and now expanding to North Alabama this staff understand what it takes to recruit even if we lose some battles in places like Florence winning one every now and then is worth it and after a while it becomes more competitive.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 5

On 10/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Paladin said:

This guy is going to be a bad dude..

We have to jump on this guy. Whether at D-end or OLB. 

He's jumped to ESPNs top 10.

OLB Jaquavious Russaw
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 8

Russaw's tape shows how he went from an unranked prospect to a five-star rating. He sets the edge in overpowering fashion and is too quick for opposing blockers to contain. A defender with a wealth of tools, what jumps out most is his impressive closing burst. He's ultra-explosive in his pursuit of ball carriers and runs them down with an intense motor. The 6-3, 230-pound Russaw reminds us of 2022 five-star linebacker Harold Perkins.

• Like 2

@Zeek could you give your best guess, as of today (11/12/21) which guys we will pull in for the 2023 class. The only name I was really following was the kid who just committed to ND.

I know it's a tough ask to get specific guess, but I'm not doing so to get a 100% bulletproof forecast. Just want to see who those close to the ground think we'll be signing next December. 

Edited by AUght2win

38 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

@Zeek could you give your best guess, as of today (11/12/21) which guys we will pull in for the 2023 class. The only name I was really following was the kid who just committed to ND.

I know it's a tough ask to get specific guess, but I'm not doing so to get a 100% bulletproof forecast. Just want to see who those close to the ground think we'll be signing next December. 

Uhhhhh very little confidence but I'll give you 10 I like

1. Karmello English 4* WR - kind of cheating because he is listed as warm but he has visited a good bit and is constantly linked to us positively
  2. Tony Mitchell 5* CB - a lot of people view him as a Bama lock but he has made the trip to Auburn a bunch of times
  3. Sylvester Smith 4* DB - has been on campus a lot
  4. Christopher Vizzina 3* QB - really not high on this but he seems to be the one the staff likes. I'll trust Harsin and Bobo with QB evaluation.
  5. Bradyn Joiner NR IOL - the Auburn High pipeline is strong right now
  6. Eric Muse NR LB - I think we're early on this kid and he'll skyrocket up the boards with some camps and film
  7. Peter Woods 5* DL - same as Tony Mitchell
  8. Kelby Collins 4* DL - some visits and seems to like what we have done this year
  9. Keldric Faulk 4* DL - same as Collins
  10. Cayden Lee 4* WR - just a gut feeling from some interviews but still a long shot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

1. Karmello English 4* WR - kind of cheating because he is listed as warm but he has visited a good bit and is constantly linked to us positively
  2. Tony Mitchell 5* CB - a lot of people view him as a Bama lock but he has made the trip to Auburn a bunch of times
  4. Christopher Vizzina 3* QB - really not high on this but he seems to be the one the staff likes. I'll trust Harsin and Bobo with QB evaluation.
  6. Eric Muse NR LB - I think we're early on this kid and he'll skyrocket up the boards with some camps and film
  8. Kelby Collins 4* DL - some visits and seems to like what we have done this year
  10. Cayden Lee 4* WR - just a gut feeling from some interviews but still a long shot

Very cool and very much appreciated. I just keep seeing and hearing that 2023 will be special, and I'm optimistic it will be. But I wanted to see what it looks like in actuality. 

on the Bowen kid from indiana who committed to ND.....will the staff continue to recruit and try to swing him our way or just let it go??? I'm sure the kid has said "I'm ND all the way"

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

on the Bowen kid from indiana who committed to ND.....will the staff continue to recruit and try to swing him our way or just let it go??? I'm sure the kid has said "I'm ND all the way"

Based on this year's cycle they don't seem to back off. 

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

“ND all the way” and Bowen said he wants stay close to home because of his younger siblings.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Heard good things about that Hurley kid?

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Aren't we considered in the lead right now? Him, English and Smith would be exactly the start to '23 we need!

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Aren't we considered in the lead right now? Him, English and Smith would be exactly the start to '23 we need!

I feel like we have a good chance but it’s hard to know when going against UGA. They usually get who they want for the most part