2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

58 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u know if the grades thing is credible or is it a narrative being pushed by Bama in case they lose him?

That's coming from Auburn mods

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's coming from Auburn mods

So it's probably a case of bama backing off.. AU signs him,then places him in JUCO somewhere.. I agree with u though, take his commitment,  use it to push a positive narrative 

49 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

Doesn’t his commitment count against the 25?

If he's really at near zero chance to qualify, they will not send him signing papers.  It'll all be for show

34 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

Wow.  How deceptive.

I don't think it would really be deceptive. I'm sure they would have a convo with him about this

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think it would really be deceptive. I'm sure they would have a convo with him about this

I also think they would talk with him about summer school and taking advantage of any tutoring his school has.

Just listened to a locked on bama podcast. Both of those Homer's say Hurley is gonna flip to AU. They didn't mention anything about grades. They think it's NIL related. As in AU put together a better NIL deal for Hurley than Bama. Hard to believe 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ken woolley said:

Doesn’t his commitment count against the 25?

Commitments don't count for anything at all. Signees count. Commitments are verbal and non-binding on either the school or the player.

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So it's probably a case of bama backing off.. AU signs him,then places him in JUCO somewhere.. I agree with u though, take his commitment,  use it to push a positive narrative 

The "sign to place" tactic went out with Coach Tuberville. A signee counts against the annual 25 limit. Since the rule change known as the "Nutt Rule" went into place nobody has been stupid enough to lose slots in this manner.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Commitments don't count for anything at all. Signees count. Commitments are verbal and non-binding on either the school or the player.

The "sign to place" tactic went out with Coach Tuberville. A signee counts against the annual 25 limit. Since the rule change known as the "Nutt Rule" went into place nobody has been stupid enough to lose slots in this manner.

Guess it's no need to worry about until he commits/signs with AU.. I've seen this movie b4 on bama commits that AU has tried to flip

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Guess it's no need to worry about until he commits/signs with AU.. I've seen this movie b4 on bama commits that AU has tried to flip

The point I was making, if we "flip" him and he's a commitment that will be very positive news.  If he's truly a massive grade risk, we'd probably keep him part of a commit and just never send him papers.  he wouldn't sign so he wouldn't count against the class.

Hopefully the grades are wrong and we're good

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The point I was making, if we "flip" him and he's a commitment that will be very positive news.  If he's truly a massive grade risk, we'd probably keep him part of a commit and just never send him papers.  he wouldn't sign so he wouldn't count against the class.

It would def help perception 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It would def help perception 

I just know my boy @cole256would be so very excited we recruited North Alabama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

As long as this does not turn into a Javon Robinson situation.  That did not look good for us, even though Auburn was not the one who changed his grades.

Brumbough is doing yeoman’s work here.

Would love to steal one from TRob. Not that he was there the whole time but like it nonetheless

Edited by Randman5000

Great work by our media team here!

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, toddc said:

Brumbough is doing yeoman’s work here.

Tomarrion has ALL the tools to be an outstanding DE. He is tall, long arms and has an extremely explosive first step. He is the real prize out of Central, English is an avg/small WR that has the potential to be an avg. SEC WR