2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Surprised doesn't have Penn State or Pitt being he is from Pennsylvania.

47 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Any thoughts on why Hurley hasn't flipped yet?

Bummer is really working hard to keep him for one thing 

Was always going to be a hard pull but we can take him off the board. I think we're pretty heavily going after Glenn.

Reviewing the RPM: Auburn holding onto strong lead for 4-star RB

Cole Pinkston•about 2 hours

The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) was released earlier in the year by On3. For those who follow recruiting, this product uses an algorithm to learn from past recruiting results. It also relies heavily on the visits each prospect takes and the On3 recruiting experts and fan site insiders. The accuracy will improve as time goes on. For now, it is a great way to see the latest trend for each individual recruit.

Today, we will be taking a look at why Auburn holds a big lead for 4-star RB Jeremiah Cobb from Montgomery, Ala. (Montgomery Catholic).

Auburn currently has 95.0% chance of landing Cobb according to RPM

There are many schools working to land the talented back from Montgomery Ala. Auburn has been one of the main ones since he visited for the Iron Bowl in November. Cobb left that visit high on Auburn, and it has been the same since. 

The Tigers turned up the heat in his recruitment earlier in the year. With a possibility of signing 2 or more RB’s in the 2023 class, Cobb became a top priority for the staff, and he has felt wanted. 

One of the main reasons Auburn has such a high percentage of landing him in the RPM is because of the multiple visits he took to campus this spring. Cobb was on record for being at Auburn more than three times. We are told an official visit is in the works as well. Clemson is the only school he has scheduled an official visit for to this point, so they have received a small percentage in the RPM as well. 

In Cobb’s own words

Cobb had this to say after one of his many spring visits to Auburn: “It was my favorite visit so far,” Cobb said. “It was amazing. “Just the people, the staff, how the people at Auburn treated us.”

It seems as though Cobb is not in a major rush to make a commitment, but Auburn continues to seemingly close the gap. “I’ll definitely be back at Auburn,” Cobb said. “They are definitely really high on my list. I will have a top group of schools after my spring game and Auburn definitely will be there.”

On 5/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, toddc said:

When I look up this young man in 247  I am always confused about one thing Under Roster Outlook it shows for Auburn 17 LB, 0 Commits.  Where do they get these numbers no way do we have 17 LB's on our Roster.

image.thumb.png.31eafe215188a5a6b47fb75c9f441900.pngimage.thumb.png.31eafe215188a5a6b47fb75c9f441900.png

Dukes the Scoop supposedly has this to say:

"Multiple P5 coaches feel if Auburn can pull together an 8-9 win season they'll be a force in recruiting for years to come. This is based on how much buzz there's been around Auburn from the metro Atlanta area over the past couple months.  

One coach said " Auburn itself ain't a hard sell they can "get right" in a hurry if they win some games. They're doing better recruiting around Atlanta than before for sure" "

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

"Multiple P5 coaches feel if Auburn can pull together an 8-9 win season.......

I hope Auburn pulls together a 15 win season. But hopes, dreams and reality are often very different. 8 wins this coming season will be a very tall order. Maybe not mission impossible, but certainly mission improbable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I hope Auburn pulls together a 15 win season. But hopes, dreams and reality are often very different. 8 wins this coming season will be a very tall order. Maybe not mission impossible, but certainly mission improbable.

Yeah. My focus is more long term than short term. For me its about if we can actually survive in this brave new world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah. My focus is more long term than short term. For me its about if we can actually survive in this brave new world.

That is a great question.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Do you think we have the NIL dollars to compete in his recruiting?

Sad that this is my first thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Do you think we have the NIL dollars to compete in his recruiting?

Sad that this is my first thought.

I think it’s there but I’m not sure if it’ll be used until CBH can prove he’s a winner on the field. Which is a catch 22 of sorts because he needs NIL to work in able to get the players to win!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I think it’s there but I’m not sure if it’ll be used until CBH can prove he’s a winner on the field. Which is a catch 22 of sorts because he needs NIL to work in able to get the players to win!

To quote myself from a few weeks ago:

On 4/27/2022 at 6:01 PM, AUwent said:

My problem with some [of Harsin's defenders] on here was the circular logic.

“You can’t fault Harsin for not lighting the world on fire in recruiting he’s an unknown to recruits down here!” 

The same people:

”You can’t set high expectations for Harsin in his first couple of years! This is going to take time but he’s going to build a great program and be the next Pat Dye!" [Who beat out Bahr for several high profile recruits his first class]

Sorry, if you don’t have immediate recruiting prowess, you’re going to need to have a special first year.

We don't need a Jimbo-type hire (we're not getting one) to have recruiting success without lighting it on fire out of the gate, but we do need someone with recruiting clout in the south.

Edited by AUwent

On 5/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, toddc said:

We're gonna need players whether BH is here or not. So no reason to hold back on NIL.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, toddc said:

If you hold back NIL money until he proves he can win. Then we could lose players even if we win as many won't wait and if we don't win it will put the next coach in an even worse position then Harsin as the cupboard will be even barer then with what was left from previous coach.

Holding back NIL money at this point is a way to sabotage Harsin pure and simple or we just are not organized enough and that is a huge problem for Auburn Athletics going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If you hold back NIL money until he proves he can win. Then we could lose players even if we win as many won't wait and if we don't win it will put the next coach in an even worse position then Harsin as the cupboard will be even barer then with what was left from previous coach.

Holding back NIL money at this point is a way to sabotage Harsin pure and simple or we just are not organized enough and that is a huge problem for Auburn Athletics going forward.

I don’t buy that we’re going to hold back NIL money until Harsin produces. 

NIL is about current high performing players getting NIL MONEY to keep them here. That doesn’t and shouldn’t be based on Harsin. 

if u do it like it is rumored then u will have current top players leaving Auburn for sure and you’re only hurting the football from at least having a strong base of quality players. 

• Like 4

Five on Friday: Five out of state linemen Auburn could land

Cole Pinkstonabout 2 hours
Jamaal Jarrett 5 copy 1 Chad Simmons/On3

Auburn is heavily in the mix with multiple players in their own state of Alabama. They are also in the mix with plenty of players from out of state as well. That, of course, includes offensive and defensive linemen.

Alabama, Georgia, and Florida have traditionally been the key states for Auburn, and that shouldn’t change. However, the recruiting footprint has expanded with Bryan Harsin’s staff. They intend to leave no stone unturned. 

Here are five offensive and defensive linemen from out of state that Auburn has a realistic shot with.

OL, Connor Stroh, Frisco, Tex.

Stroh, the 6-foot-7 320-pound OL, just wrapped up an official visit at Auburn. It was his second known trip to Auburn. He is reportedly extremely high on the Tigers. The staff has begun to like their chances more and more with the big Texas OL, especially after his most recent visit. 

OL, DJ Chester, McDonough, Ga.

Chester released a top 12 on Friday afternoon that included Auburn. According to our intel at AuburnLive, that was to be expected. He is one of the top OL on the board for Auburn. Chester is also extremely high on the Tigers. An official visit is in the works as he is finishing up with track season. 

DL, Jordan Hall, Jacksonville, Fla.

The 4-star DL from Florida made a trip to Auburn in April. Since then, he has been a strong candidate to take an official visit. So far there is no news of that being set up, but it certainly can’t be ruled out. Auburn was very much impressed with him after seeing him in person. They will continue to recruit.

DL, Jamaal Jarrett, Greensboro, NC

Jarrett has yet to make a trip to Auburn, but that will change soon. He will be taking an official visit to Auburn in June. His close friend, Enyce Sledge, is a factor in his recruitment. As of right now, Auburn is probably behind others. With a strong visit, that could easily change. 

OL, Connor Lew, Acworth, Ga.

Unlike many of the high priority prospects, Lew didn’t release a top schools cut. He, instead, posted where he’d be taking his official visits. That would mean the schools who didn’t get a visit are probably not real factors. Auburn was one of those schools and could be a serious factor for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Starting to blow up with offers