2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I feel like we have a good chance but it’s hard to know when going against UGA. They usually get who they want for the most part 

UGAY $$$$$$$$ talks!

Edited by Hopsing
Left out a word
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Hopsing said:

UGAY $$$$$$$$ talks!

And no reason why we shouldn't be doing the same.  Everyone does it.  Hands need to be dirty.

• Like 4

Per Jonesy Sylvester Smith is probably deciding next month and we “might be the leader.” Feel like he’s one we need to close on if ‘23 is going to be what we need it to be.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Joiner announcing 12/20. Given his CB status I think that’s good? Him and Smith are 4*s in our area announcing before years end so we should get a good idea early on if 2023 will be what we need.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Joiner announcing 12/20. Given his CB status I think that’s good? Him and Smith are 4*s in our area announcing before years end so we should get a good idea early on if 2023 will be what we need.

jhead on the bunker predicted both to Auburn.

Would be a nice start to the 2023 class and hopefully all the effort pays off.  We need a much better class next year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

jhead on the bunker predicted both to Auburn.

Would be a nice start to the 2023 class and hopefully all the effort pays off.  We need a much better class next year.

A 4* Safety and a 4* IOL would be a great beginning.    

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A 4* Safety and a 4* IOL would be a great beginning.    

Would have me feeling better about the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

12/20 is a remembrance day for him as his godfather passed away. His godfather was a big auburn fan. 

fyi.this might be pay wall info. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Keith says that he expects us to land Joiner. Also that DB recruiting is "going so well we might not be ready to accept commitment from Sylvester Smith." Also says he feels Hurley is "trending well for us." Related?

Hurley's FanCast on Rivals says Turds, so that would be a huge win if we bag him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Keith says that he expects us to land Joiner. Also that DB recruiting is "going so well we might not be ready to accept commitment from Sylvester Smith." Also says he feels Hurley is "trending well for us." Related?

Hurley's FanCast on Rivals says Turds, so that would be a huge win if we bag him.

Was just about to come in here and comment on the '23 DB recruiting but you beat me to it. Which probably means we'll whiff on all of them and go JUCO again, but hey, we can only hope. Wonder if it influences Mason getting another year

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Was just about to come in here and comment on the '23 DB recruiting but you beat me to it. Which probably means we'll whiff on all of them and go JUCO again, but hey, we can only hope. Wonder if it influences Mason getting another year

If we do, then we can part ways with CBH guilt-free. 

57 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Since that list is not in alphabetical order, does that mean we're second?

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If we do, then we can part ways with CBH guilt-free. 

Since that list is not in alphabetical order, does that mean we're second?

No we're 6th

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, au302 said:

I hate the term 'trending well'. 

Which in english to me means, He's going to eventually sign with someone else.

On Hurley, if his signing date is in mid January, there is no way, I would feel good about even our favorite and most reliable recruiters saying Auburn will get him. I want to believe but confidence is just not there right now...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, if we're looking for 3* OL in the 2023 class, I know a kid (from a great family)...

6'5" 280ish

Edited by selias

10 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Hugh Freeze not gonna be happy about the “excessive blocking” penalties he racks up. 

He is exactly the type we need to be signing. I love his ferocity