2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

14 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

The problem is there is no compliance with the NIL system now in place.  It's the wild west and we are still playing by 1990 rules.  I understand how we got here.  I just think we have been burned enough times trying to play by the Big Players rules and getting slapped down, that we're twice shy about going out on the limb with the rest of The Players.

I agree, let the NCAA try to impose sanctions on a school and there will be lawsuits out the ying-yang. Thats why nothing has happened to Tennessee and their dang Prez there admitted they were handing out cash in Mickey D's  sacks. The compliance office had its place at 1 time.  But until the NIL is regulated thru the Congress, the NCAA is as useless as tits on a boar hog.

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree, let the NCAA try to impose sanctions on a school and there will be lawsuits out the ying-yang. Thats why nothing has happened to Tennessee and their dang Prez there admitted they were handing out cash in Mickey D's  sacks. The compliance office had its place at 1 time.  But until the NIL is regulated thru the Congress, the NCAA is as useless as tits on a boar hog.

And we are afraid to venture out into this new world.

• Sad 1

There were a lot of posters on here stating that the NIL would be the end of college football as we have known it! Looks like it is getting here faster than most imagined!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, provibe said:

There were a lot of posters on here stating that the NIL would be the end of college football as we have known it! Looks like it is getting here faster than most imagined!

It has changed the landscape tremendously in only 12 months.

See the below comments from and Agent (California lawyer) claimed Florida had the absolute worst NIL program in existence and he'd never "steer my clients to Florida" and that his client (QB - Rashada) took an NIL pay cut to only $9million at Miami even thought Florida NIL offered him $11mill for the QB.  b1Nu3nQ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Florida had to come out with a public announcement shooting down the agents claims. 11164833.jpg 

• Thanks 1

Before NIL A&M was getting pretty good classe but not quite up there with the top tier. Texas by Texas standards was getting so so classes. Last year A&M had the best class by far and now we are seeing what is happening at Texas with O-line and QB. While some of the NIL A&M players they just signed will get some PT this year  it will take at least 1 more year for them to have a major impact. If A&M continue this recruiting trend you will see them competing and over time beating out even bama because they just have a lot more super rich boosters and alumni then bama or Auburn.  Over the next few years you might start seeing bama having good classes but not elite because long term they don't have enough rich people supporting them.  Auburn even less as bama has more rich supporters than we do.

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

It has changed the landscape tremendously in only 12 months.

See the below comments from and Agent (California lawyer) claimed Florida had the absolute worst NIL program in existence and he'd never "steer my clients to Florida" and that his client (QB - Rashada) took an NIL pay cut to only $9million at Miami even thought Florida NIL offered him $11mill for the QB.  b1Nu3nQ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Florida had to come out with a public announcement shooting down the agents claims. 11164833.jpg 

If Caspino who is an agent is actually representing a player doesn't that make the player ineligible. I could see a player getting an agent on the QT so nobody knows he has an agent. If I was a player I would steer clear of Caspino  as he could get you kicked out of college football. That or he is a blowhard blowing smoke up peoples nether regions.

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If Caspino who is an agent is actually representing a player doesn't that make the player ineligible. I could see a player getting an agent on the QT so nobody knows he has an agent. If I was a player I would steer clear of Caspino  as he could get you kicked out of college football. That or he is a blowhard blowing smoke up peoples nether regions.

Players and recruits are allowed to have agents represent their interests for name, likeness & imagine negotiations. 

The fact that this idiot agent (a lawyer) just outed himself and his client and has broadcast that Miami and he claimed Florida collectives were in a bidding war for Rashada would render that kid ineligible to play.   The NCAA has never changed it's rule that representatives of a school (i.e. boosters to fund NIL collectives) can have no involvement in the recruitment of prospective athletes, and that rule still holds the same weight today as it did way before NIL legislation was passed.  That's why Florida had to make a public announcement rebutting Caspino's claims.  

It sounds like the agent has sour grapes because he was spurned by Florida's NIL so he steered his client to a more favorable Miami?  

What a nightmare! Anyone that didn’t see thi coming... Anyway the big rich schools will have all the star players and compete for championships while the rest, Auburn included, will be also rans, I don’t care how many times they change coaches 

• Like 2

I sincerely hope Meta's comments on Rant the last few months are correct. If so, our problems are (relatively) easily fixable and we can still succeed in the NIL.
https://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?sp=101132742&s=2&p=101132519#101132742

Edited by AUwent

Lol as opposed to when Auburn was winning all those championships and the small schools were competingat a high level!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol as opposed to when Auburn was winning all those championships and the small schools were competingat a high level!

Exactly. I just posted something similar. Why are we acting like NIL has turned us from UA into UAB?

For real. Everything’s the same it’s been for the last decade plus. Only thing that’s different is it looks like USC might be back to relevancy 

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

For real. Everything’s the same it’s been for the last decade plus. Only thing that’s different is it looks like USC might be back to relevancy 

We were actually able to beat UAT a few times?

Edited by AUwent

42 minutes ago, cbo said:

Exactly. I just posted something similar. Why are we acting like NIL has turned us from UA into UAB?

It's the latest excuse in a long line of excuses since the 2013 FSU game.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cbo said:

It hasn’t, of course. It just makes things far more difficult for Auburn and schools like us.

• Thanks 1

Anybody has a chart of the different school's with money? Who are the top tier? And where are we? And where were we before NIL? 

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Anybody has a chart of the different school's with money? Who are the top tier? And where are we? And where were we before NIL? 

Since NIL money is not allocated via the school nobody knows for sure how much money is spent on NIL for any schools players. Sadly we rely on the rumor mill where they say A&M spent 30 Million and Texas 1 Million per O-line.  It is great question but any answer would be a guestimate at best. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Before NIL A&M was getting pretty good classe but not quite up there with the top tier. Texas by Texas standards was getting so so classes. Last year A&M had the best class by far and now we are seeing what is happening at Texas with O-line and QB. While some of the NIL A&M players they just signed will get some PT this year  it will take at least 1 more year for them to have a major impact. If A&M continue this recruiting trend you will see them competing and over time beating out even bama because they just have a lot more super rich boosters and alumni then bama or Auburn.  Over the next few years you might start seeing bama having good classes but not elite because long term they don't have enough rich people supporting them.  Auburn even less as bama has more rich supporters than we do.

image.jpeg.01cf01a0917c461eb230096772c29845.jpeg  Long term outlook is not good.   We are in the bucket of have nots for the most part.   

Dukes the Scoop claims that "our NIL is getting it together and getting active." Does anyone actually know WTH is going on? I really don't know what the point of being in the SEC would be if we can't get it together in that regard. Like I said, this next basketball class is CRITICAL.

Edited by AUwent

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yikes

50 minutes ago, toddc said:

They are all waiting to commit to see who offers the most money! Isn’t this just great for college football!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Since NIL money is not allocated via the school nobody knows for sure how much money is spent on NIL for any schools players. Sadly we rely on the rumor mill where they say A&M spent 30 Million and Texas 1 Million per O-line.  It is great question but any answer would be a guestimate at best. 

Let these guys tell it, we are dirt poor. We have a cup in our hand begging for scraps. We don't have anything to offer and all the good recruits are going to go between those 4 schools. 700 recruits is somehow going to go fit on these 4 schools. NIL ruined football! If it was like the old days then it would be different! We would have a bunch of 5 stars

• Like 2

NIL ruined football! If it was like the old days then it would be different! We would have a bunch of 5 stars

This year's AU team will have two former 5* players on it (Pappoe and Tank) who certainly wouldn't have come to AU under the current NIL situation.

• Like 2