2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't really think of G-Rob as what I would call a mauler. Just me

Ii can see it both ways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

In light of recent events he’s probably feeling more like a buster at this point.

Too soon?

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:22 PM, augolf1716 said:

Smith, Greg, Dismukes is a good one... what olineman (anywhere) comes to mind when you think mauler? Whats your ideal? 

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, gctiger said:

Wade Christopher…

I wouldn’t consider him a mauler.   
His play demonstrated a level of violence that is illegal to describe and could only be achieved by him and/or Chuch Norris.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Smith, Greg, Dismukes is a good one... what olineman (anywhere) comes to mind when you think mauler? Whats your ideal? 

Ben Grubbs players with an attitude just don't think G Rob had it. jmo no biggie Don't get me wrong Greg was a great player wish we had 5 of him or just one for now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ben Grubbs players with an attitude just don't think G Rob had it. jmo no biggie Don't get me wrong Greg was a great player wish we had 5 of him or just one for now

Nah just trying to see who you had in mind

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I remember the left side was of the offensive line was nasty. G-Rob and Alex Kozan played very well together and crushed most defensive fronts. Maybe Kozan was the mauler of the group, but I think he got injured after the 2013 year and didn't return to form. 

I consider G Rob a road grader.  For the record!! Lol  is that the same as a mauler? Probably could watch the video of the Westlake kid and get the answer, but watched them in the ship last night. There were couple kids I would love to have!!  B Smith run block was nasty too!!
Pass pro is the difference and where I could see where Smith was considered more of a technician. Now G. Robs Pass pro. Well we’ll just call it, ummm, work in progress?!?!  Under development?!?!  Non-existent just seems to harsh, but kid made millions after choosing to wear O&B. So guess I can be critical. Could have made millions more if he ever figured it out!!

8 hours ago, tinman said:

I'll take Zeke Smith any day (for you old timers)!

If we're going that far, Ed King would be on my team

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we're going that far, Ed King would be on my team

Kendall Simmons and Chris Gray say hello.

Edited by Ausburn2
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Love 1