The current legacy of Bo Nix

StatTiger

22 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Certainly a quandary or Bo would have already been benched. I’ve seen improvement. I’m not sure TJ is any better. But my main concern about Bo isn’t his ability to throw. He’s got the arm talent. He’s got talent at escaping pressure. He’s not good at sliding up in the pocket and has never been able to throw to covered receivers. If you watch the good qbs they throw to covered receivers all the time. They just put the ball where their guy is the most likely to make the play. Bo waits until someone is open. Always has. Maybe if he calms down and quits panicking non stop he could do that and MAYBE this staff can get him to do that, but odds aren’t great at this point. If that were to happen we’d likely be seeing the fruit of that starting to show. If anything it’s gotten worse. I’ll trust the coaches and support Bo whether he’s the qb or not, but I don’t expect him to start next year. 

The most Auburn thing ever would be for Spencer Rattler to hit the portal and somehow CBH gets him being a mountain west type of guy.

• Like 1

2 Things:

1. The best coaching move BH made this year was benching Bo. It may have saved any future career Bo may have, cause he had none at that point. Also probably kept us from losing at LSU and Arky.

2. Bo' s Jr. Season is reminding me of Jason Campbell's road to success with the change in coaches and offensive philosophy.

• Like 4

As of right now, Bo has no legacy other than last name. Champions, Heisman winners, and consistent 10 game winners have legacies. Bo needs to break through to get to that level and that means his high level of play needs to become consistent. He has the tools and I believe he has the coaches to help him get there, time will tell if he develops to the point. One thing I have noticed Bo do better this year is manage his emotions. He doesn't throw fits on the sidelines like he used to. This is a good sign that he will continue to develop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

He doesn't throw fits on the sidelines like he used to.

A lot of our frustrations are gone 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We can win a lot of games with the Bo we saw yesterday. He looked comfortable in the pocket, made a lot of nice throws (including deep balls), and made some nice plays running the ball (by design). And, yes, his receivers did a lot more to help him out. Hopefully the hard coaching he’s getting from Bobo and Harsin is taking hold. Anyone that is really an Auburn fan has always wanted Bo to be successful and play to his considerable ability. I think we are seeing his maturation as a QB but it will not be a straight line graph upward

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I think most of us would be scared to death to throw those old Bo fits like that with Harsin running the team, just saying.  

What CBH would've done to Stidham during some losses

slap-head.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What CBH would've done to Stidham during some losses

slap-head.gif

Stidham would’ve actually been in the heisman race with this coaching staff. I truly believe that . Look what they have done with Bo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Stidham would’ve actually been in the heisman race with this coaching staff. I truly believe that . Look what they have done with Bo.

For sure. I was referring to his sideline reactions and behavior not talent or ability. If he'd had played for Harsin/Bobo, Stidham would be the starter in NE... Maybe even Arizona

@StatTiger, don't know if you're still around.  Hope  you are. I enjoy your writing immensely. 

But, the Arkie game would fall as one of your outliers, wouldn't it?

26 pass attempts. Under 140 yds rushing and the D gave up over 21 points.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We are to eager to write his praises or demise, and epilogue. Let’s see how Bo matures with this staff and we can reconvene in dec. 2022.  We don’t have a better option for now, and he may just surprise all of us over the next year.  

23 hours ago, AUGoo said:

@StatTiger, don't know if you're still around.  Hope  you are. I enjoy your writing immensely. 

But, the Arkie game would fall as one of your outliers, wouldn't it?

26 pass attempts. Under 140 yds rushing and the D gave up over 21 points.

Yup. Like I said in my initial response to the OP, the passing game is probably going to have to open up the running game. Not sure why that was so upsetting.