Drops by the numbers

TigerHorn

From a free article elsewhere, first time I had seen the complete numbers:

After a season-high six drops against Georgia, Auburn leads the SEC  with 22, according to Pro Football Focus. The league’s second-worst team in that department, Mississippi State, has 15, and the Bulldogs have 67 more pass attempts on the season than Auburn.

Auburn has already surpassed its drop total from all of last season (19), and is on pace to more than double it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

From a free article elsewhere, first time I had seen the complete numbers:

After a season-high six drops against Georgia, Auburn leads the SEC  with 22, according to Pro Football Focus. The league’s second-worst team in that department, Mississippi State, has 15, and the Bulldogs have 67 more pass attempts on the season than Auburn.

Auburn has already surpassed its drop total from all of last season (19), and is on pace to more than double it.

Yah, and they are pretty conservative on what they officially grade as a drop. For example, they revised down from 9 to 6 at the UGA game due to what is even moderately considered a difficult catch

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, clwn said:

Damn. That's just bad.

03.PNG

NIL deal literally written all over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

NIL deal literally written all over it.

Post of the year right there. AU has been pathetic at catching anything . Passes , opposing RBs , Stetson bennet, . 

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

image.jpeg

This post made me think about something - I think none of our WR's use gloves. Might be something that could help immediately until they improve in other areas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Drops aren't anything new. I can't think of a consistent pass catcher in the last 10 years

Slayton or Coates? I don’t have the numbers in front of me. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Drops aren't anything new. I can't think of a consistent pass catcher in the last 10 years

Without looking, I want to say Ryan Davis...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, woodford said:

For every great catch Sammy made he dropped one. He was a body catcher. Slayton was hardly ever thrown to. When he was at Bammer I marveled at Minkah Fitzpatrick- he was a great, instinctive defender but also had great ball skills with better hands than just about any receiver we had for years (don’t even get me started about the sick run of elite receivers they’ve had; Julio Jones had the worst hands of any of them during his college years and is liable to end up in the NFL HOF).

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, clwn said:

Damn. That's just bad.

03.PNG

I would reach out to them if I was Pfizer or Moderna..... Get the vax.....can't catch anything.

giphy.gif

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, woodford said:

Has Darvin Adams been gone 10 years yet? Who was that little but cat quick walk-on we had for a while? He was kind of injury prone unfortunately.

We had another guy that the media was always hyping for his catch radius, think he was fairly recent. Can't believe I can't recall his name......

Edited by TigerHorn

33 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

Who caught 99.999% of passes behind the line while standing still with blockers and no route to run and no defender around. RDavis was another case of severe underdevelopment and misused and was a great talent, but let's not pretend his most catches is anything great or hard to do. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Has Darvin Adams been gone 10 years yet? Who was that little but cat quick walk-on we had for a while? He was kind of injury prone unfortunately.

We had another guy that the media was always hyping for his catch radius, think he was fairly recent. Can't believe I can't recall his name......

Will Hastings aka White Lightning. I believe that is the walk on you are referring to. 

The guy in the second one IDK. We had D. Adams. Duke Williams was pretty solid

Edited by Tigerpro2a

1 hour ago, God Cam It said:

This post made me think about something - I think none of our WR's use gloves. Might be something that could help immediately until they improve in other areas. 

I think the majority of our guys use gloves. I will have to go look back.

Edit- I went back and watch a few highlights from several different games and nearly every WR i saw had gloves on. D. Robertson. J. Johnson. S. Jackson. I didn't spend much time, but I believe the vast majority wear gloves.

Edited by Tigerpro2a

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think the majority of our guys use gloves. I will have to go look back.

Edit- I went back and watch a few highlights from several different games and nearly every WR i saw had gloves on. D. Robertson. J. Johnson. S. Jackson. I didn't spend much time, but I believe the vast majority wear gloves.

I went back also and noticed they all appeared to. Guess I just didn't notice that on game days. Ours look smaller/tighter than some of the others I've seen where.

I can't edit posts (literally doesn't give me the option to) or else I would have thrown an edit up, I was wrong post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Will Hastings aka White Lightning. I believe that is the walk on you are referring to. 

The guy in the second one IDK. We had D. Adams. Duke Williams was pretty solid

Duke had the highest ceiling imo had great size. He should be playing on Sunday’s. But alas he chose Auburn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, God Cam It said:

I went back also and noticed they all appeared to. Guess I just didn't notice that on game days. Ours look smaller/tighter than some of the others I've seen where.

I can't edit posts (literally doesn't give me the option to) or else I would have thrown an edit up, I was wrong post. 

I think you have to have posted so many times to become a verified member before you can do that.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Duke had the highest ceiling imo had great size. He should be playing on Sunday’s. But alas he chose Auburn. 

He had his chance at the NFL. Actually 2 chances and neither one mattered. So he continues to be the big fish in a small pond in the NFL. 

As TigerHorn alluded, Darvin Adams had the best hands that I can recall.... in the last 11 years.     In our NC run, I remember numerous times where we would have 3rd and 8, and DA would run a 9 yard out.   Cam could throw all out velocity, and DA always caught it with his hands.  Emory Blake and Kodi were on that same team.  None of the three had elite speed, but Blake and DA, in particular caught just about everything. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tsande07 said:

This. Don’t recall him dropping one his last two seasons. Only the all-time single season program leader in receptions. 

• Like 1