* Official Auburn vs. Arkansas Game Thread *

abw0004

The head scratching thing is does it matter if the talent is upgraded when the play calling and scheme on defense is less than stellar 

Love all of these arm chair defense coordinator's that think they have the answers for our defense. Just hilarious. Absolutely amazing. 

Does anyone here observe what goes on at practices? Maybe we don't have the talent to play press man?  Maybe, from games already played how we got burnt when we played man and blitzed?

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Guest MustardSeed

Well there are positives. 
bo has looked better other than the one I’ll advised pass  

Receivers have been catching everything thrown their way

O Line is giving a pretty clean pocket. 
Defense has held them to 10 and usually plays better in the 2nd half even though the playcalling here has been awful. Mason might change that up (more like BETTER change that up)

We looked pretty sharp for an 11am game. Maybe we are breaking that curse. 

Arkansas has 10 points at the half. Off of an interception no less. Auburn's problems arent related to the defense right now. 

The D finally broke as we all knew. Man it’s frustrating watching this soft stuff. I’m willing to give Mason a chance but I’ve got my doubts about him and his philosophy in general. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Defense has held them to 10 and usually plays better in the 2nd half even though the playcalling here has been awful. Mason might change that up (more like BETTER change that up)

A good assessment. 

Just now, shabby said:

Arkansas has 10 points at the half. Off of an interception no less. Auburn's problems arent related to the defense right now. 

What are the problems related to?

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Love all of these arm chair defense coordinator's that think they have the answers for our defense. Just hilarious. Absolutely amazing. 

Does anyone here observe what goes on at practices? Maybe we don't have the talent to play press man?  Maybe, from games already played how we got burnt when we played man and blitzed?

Guys on message board are armchair QBs…groundbreaking revelation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

If you wanna see bad defense just look at LSU with the last pass of the first half

Yeah after a good half of football for LSU they completely gave up on the hail mary. lol

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

What are the problems related to?

An offense that can't score more than 14 points against one of the softest defenses in the SEC?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Derek Mason is a good defensive mind regardless of people on here bashing him who have never played a down of football in their lives.  I’m curious to see his adjustments in the second half. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

The D finally broke as we all knew. Man it’s frustrating watching this soft stuff. I’m willing to give Mason a chance but I’ve got my doubts about him and his philosophy in general. 

I think he's doing the best he can with what he has to work with.  It's looks obvious to me but maybe it's just me. 

We just need to clean a few things up and we got this one. Keep feeding the TE’s and open up the kill shot for Tank and Hunt. Defense needs to get off the field on 3rd and contain KJ. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I still can't believe we have plays in the playbook calling for 50/50 balls. We 6½ games in and have yet to come down with one.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

It’s mesmerizing. I think they have the momentum and this may not end very well for us. In thinking back, wasn’t our secondary supposed to be a strength this year? Seems it is been a liability of late. Granted, you have to put pressure on the QB, but when we do that doesn’t translate into much either. 

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

Are you high?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

That was something else I was thinking of. For the most part we look pretty sharp for any time, much less an 11 am game

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Derek Mason is a good defensive mind regardless of people on here bashing him who have never played a down of football in their lives.  I’m curious to see his adjustments in the second half. 

He seems to absolutely excel at half time adjustments, so I’m looking forward to seeing that

• Like 1