Give Bo and the WR’s their props

Swamp Eagle

Bo played like he is capable of and that’s never been a doubt. Now Bo has to bring that same effort every day and every week. That said,  I watched Council last week, and don’t know if he was sick or just that out of shape. He sure didn’t look like an SEC caliber OL. 🤔

• Like 1

The 2 downfield passes to JJ and Robinson were probably the best passes i have ever seen from Bo Nix. He hit both perfectly in stride. It was so beautiful!!!

I also loved getting so many of the TEs involved. Great great (one more time) great offensive game plan and well executed by the players. We can be a very hard offense to stop when we can execute the passing game like that. Next step is doing it multiple games in a row!!

On 10/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, slyinsocal said:

Notice how the throws had a little less velocity, chest high, not head high or above and behind the head? And on time?

Wait, catchable balls get caught more?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gravejd said:

The 2 downfield passes to JJ and Robinson were probably the best passes i have ever seen from Bo Nix. He hit both perfectly in stride. It was so beautiful!!!

I also loved getting so many of the TEs involved. Great great (one more time) great offensive game plan and well executed by the players. We can be a very hard offense to stop when we can execute the passing game like that. Next step is doing it multiple games in a row!!

Robinson had to wait on his. Not a "bad" pass but Bo's thrown better. But that actually goes back to the OP. Bo threw a decent pass but DRob made a really, really good catch. QB1 and the pass catchers combined for a stellar effort all game long. Nothing but good. 

But, if it hasn't been said already, props need to be given to the OL for their protection. Only 2 QB hurries all game long. Bo stayed comfortable. Run blocking a different story...

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, IronMan70 said:

The WRs made a HUGE improvement. They were getting good separation, fighting for the ball and catching it. Hudson was much improved last week and I think the rest of the WRs and TEs decided to join him. Good job by Coach Kiseau of making these guys play the right way. On Bo, what can you say about Bo in this game ? It's the best he has looked since he came to Auburn. GREAT job guys, keep it up.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Robinson had to wait on his. Not a "bad" pass but Bo's thrown better. But that actually goes back to the OP. Bo threw a decent pass but DRob made a really, really good catch. QB1 and the pass catchers combined for a stellar effort all game long. Nothing but good. 

But, if it hasn't been said already, props need to be given to the OL for their protection. Only 2 QB hurries all game long. Bo stayed comfortable. Run blocking a different story...

Frankly, I doubted if Bo could play the way he did this week. I still am holding my breath if he can do it week in and week out, but that is a topic for another time. The offense-wide improvement was also due in large part to how well Bo got rid of the ball. He didn't hold it too long, and as a result his line looked good, and the receivers were in their breaks and open. It also allowed the whole offense to have a rhythm to it that we haven't seen much this season. 

Again well done Bo, keep it up. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I mean you could maybe nit pick a bit and say the Robison had to slow down just a tad for his catch. But man compared to what we had been witnessing on down field throws i thought it was a beauty. There was a defender coming in hard on Bo when he threw it as well. 

Totally agree on props to the OL for their pass blocking. We did a lot of short passes as well to help them out but they played well in pass pro. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I mean you could maybe nit pick a bit and say the Robison had to slow down just a tad for his catch. But man compared to what we had been witnessing on down field throws i thought it was a beauty. There was a defender coming in hard on Bo when he threw it as well. 

Totally agree on props to the OL for their pass blocking. We did a lot of short passes as well to help them out but they played well in pass pro. 

He had the guy by 5 yards and had to check up but great point about Bo taking the hit. It was a fantastic play by both guys. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Yes, he had a DE right in his face, couldn't completely step into his pass, took a big hit and still made a great throw. That's good stuff right there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

imagine what we could do if we could run the ball… watch out…

Imagine how we might start running the ball now that defenses know they'll have to defend the entire field...

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, tigerman1186 said:

Bo plays hard on EVERY play....

You can probably say that about most of the guys on the team. And most P5 QBs.

Edited by McLoofus

I know we are all excited to see the success of the passing game recently.  But, I  m also trying to keep it in perspective.  Defenses are making it as easy as possible for our pass offense to succeed right now, I am glad that we are executing, but things are gonna get tougher once they start mixing it up a bit.  I hope we continue to improve when teams start respecting our passing offense, unfortunately for us, all we can do is wait and see.

• Like 1

I think what we are seeing is an offense that is finally settling into the passing game. Remember, this is an offense that runs a lot of option routes that require receivers and quarterback to read and understand leverage, and adjust routes accordingly. That aspect of the passing game requires a lot of focus in it of itself, and a lack of confidence or trust in route running will naturally affect things like timing, pass catching, and accuracy. It isn’t an excuse, but I think it should inform what we have seen up to this point.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

things are gonna get tougher once they start mixing it up a bit.

What's exciting is an offensive staff that will recognize and attempt to attack whatever they shift their focus away from. 

Other than bama, I'm not sure if we have any defenses left on the regular schedule that are known for having a "decisive schematic advantage"...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gravejd said:

Speaking of the pass to Robertson, when was the last time an AU QB threw a TD pass of over 70 yards?

I don't count a pass within 10 of the LOS that turned into a TD, but a deep pass that was at least that long?

I bet Bo has never throw many TD passes over 50 yards. Maybe 1 in 3 years?

Maybe Stidham did it but not sure....

On 10/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, Sizzle said:

Yeah they did a hell of a job today. Shed and Robertson both came back and had a good game after horrible games last week 

Thought you had a great post about a great game. But no it was not.

While I don't think Bo received all the good of coaching under Gus I believe that Bo has trouble shaking off his mistake and he would let a mistake effect him the rest of the game.  I believe Bo showed signs of that short memory required for QBs in Saturday game.  After that bad interception he didn't seem to be rattled and went on to have areal good game.  

On 10/16/2021 at 3:54 PM, alexava said:

Kobe Hudson made some nice plays. 

"A natural wide receiver"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think it boils down to:

proper coaching

Good schemes/plays

WRs finally making plays

imagine what we could do if we could run the ball… watch out…

Starts right here...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Thought you had a great post about a great game. But no it was not.

Shed and Robertson had good games against UGA?

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

but Bo's thrown better.

No doubt ; that sideline pass to DRob in the Georgia game was a bullet , I'm surprised that was the one he caught. He also threw a nice sideline pass against Arkansas but it didn't have the same velocity as the one in the Georgia game.

• Like 1