eatting crow thread

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, au302 said:

1-0 and one week at a time. Huge props to everyone today. Best game of Bo's career and he deserves big props. But let's keep a level head. Arkansas is improved (couldn't get worse) but we gotta keep improving as a team

I agree. It's a nice step forward but Auburn has to keep working hard on those things that need improvement. And it might not be a straight road either because these are human beings after all. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Sorry to hear about your ex. Not saying folks can't enjoy the game. Glad you did, as well as others. 

they went to remove five spots off her liver and could not even do that because they had to remove her uterus and ovaries. they already got a huge tumor from her intestines and she has to have the bag. so if the female stuff was cancerous she is probably a goner and we are still very close. but enough about that i am bringing myself down.

• Sad 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

they went to remove five spots off her liver and could not even do that because they had to remove her uterus and ovaries. they already got a huge tumor from her intestines and she has to have the bag. so if the female stuff was cancerous she is probably a goner and we are still very close. but enough about that i am bringing myself down.

Man that's tough... prayers sent to you and her family!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This was also the best game plan we have had all year. Props for Bobo and the way he has evolved from PSU forward.

Maybe he shook the rust off and got to know his team a little better. I sure hope so. It would be nice to see Mason figure it out also. He seems like a great guy and I'd like for him to succeed.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Yes, they had 11 players on the field. I noticed that. Their run defense did excellent. No denying that. 

Glad you saw…and we put more points on those 11 players than uga 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

The difference was pushing the ball downfield. Maybe Bo needs to be practicing without shoes more often 

They definitely barred him from Starbucks and Red Bull this week. Much more composed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m not sure it’s eating crow when Bondoes what he hasn’t been doing and we are successful. He played well. He stayed in the pocket, stepped up and stood in and threw the ball downfield!  

I had my doubts that he would do it, but he did and I’m happy for him and Auburn. I hope he can build off this in the off week and moving forward. 

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Dude. We played Arkansas. Did you forget what UGA did to us just 7 days ago?

Quit ruining it …. Yes we all remember, trying to forget 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't even know this needs explaining. Again, we played Arkansas. Great game and much needed win by our players. Overall the offense played more focused. But I'm not sure it warrants a "eating crow" topic. 

I didn't think it needed explaining that UGA is on a completely different level than we are, right now.  I never mentioned anything about eating crow, maybe that's your subconscious trying to help with reality.  I choose to celebrate a tough road win, and a record, about as good as it can be all things being considered.  It's completely up to you to choose to be miserable after a win.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Sorry to hear that fifty. Prayers for all involved. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nurbis said:

We beat Arkansas that, was ranked 17th, on the road, at 11 am. That is a really big win for a first year coach. And Nix looked near perfect aside from a bad decision on an interception. Not sure why you would come here immediately after a win to crap on it. We lost to Georgia primarily because of poor QB and receiver play. What we saw today was a complete 180 in play for those groups. Anybody claiming to be a fan should be really happy with this win.

A handful of people on here hate Bo so much, they can’t stand the fact that he played well.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

One game . Need consistency. We still have another couple tough opponents. No need to eat crow. Save it until we see a full vacuum of games. Great game by Bo and The WRs.

Thank you! Bo had a great game, no doubt. But game to game has been hot and cold. I'd like to see his thermostat settle in to a nice, comfortable steady range. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I’m not sure it’s eating crow when Bondoes what he hasn’t been doing and we are successful. He played well. He stayed in the pocket, stepped up and stood in and threw the ball downfield!  

I had my doubts that he would do it, but he did and I’m happy for him and Auburn. I hope he can build off this in the off week and moving forward. 

They picked us to lose

8 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

The point is when Bo can play like this, consistently, against an actual defense I will be excited. But again, we played Arkansas...

Our opponents aren't going to be too much, if any, better than Arkansas the rest of the way. Especially defensively. 

Miss State's defense isn't better. South Carolina's isn't. Arkansas dominated A&M. Ole Miss beat Arkansas by a point at home. Alabama's defense gave up 40+ to TAMU's backup QB.

We aren't trying to beat UGA right now. We simply aren't on that level, talent wise. But we could win the west. And by the time we play Bama we could be a much better team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, USATiger said:

No way you are mentioning UGA, or bama, as teams we are on equal footing.  Let me know when Auburn goes all-in on getting the best players money can buy.

This was a great road win, War Damn Eagle!

We are nowhere UGA’s level. We might could upset Bama at home, but I’m not willing to hold my breath for that either. Great road win today!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Who?

c20UV66B7zCWA.gif

Lol, you know, I guess I can’t think of anyone in particular? 

Sure was “so much more pleasant” on the game thread and post game thread without them!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, you know, I guess I can’t think of anyone in particular? 

Sure was “so much more pleasant” on the game thread and post game thread without them!

I honestly don't get why you continue to do this. It seems you only come here to take shots at certain people. Or a certain person. 

I don't know anyone that's upset Bo played well. 

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I honestly don't get why you continue to do this. It seems you only come here to take shots at certain people. Or a certain person. 

I don't know anyone that's upset Bo played well. 

The way you write, I can’t believe you’re not intelligent enough to know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m sorry if you disagree, but it was much more pleasant without them on the boards causing trouble! You seem to just want to continue taking shots at me for whatever reason. “You started this whole thing” claiming my family or me had nothing to do with the money spent for coaching buyouts. I stated: you know nothing about my finances nor my family’s finances. It seems you took offense to that, and you’ve been making pot-shots at me ever since.

You never have anything positive to say about anything I post, so as I’ve asked before why don’t you just put me on ignore and move on? For the sake of the board, me and yourself, as the mods would say: if you want to continue, please take it to PMs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The way you write, I can’t believe you’re not intelligent enough to know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m sorry if you disagree, but it was much more pleasant without them on the boards causing trouble! You seem to just want to continue taking shots at me for whatever reason. “You started this whole thing” claiming my family or me had nothing to do with the money spent for coaching buyouts. I stated: you know nothing about my finances nor my family’s finances. It seems you took offense to that, and you’ve been making pot-shots at me ever since.

You never have anything positive to say about anything I post, so as I’ve asked before why don’t you just put me on ignore and move on? For the sake of the board, me and yourself, as the mods would say: if you want to continue, please take it to PMs.

I'm not taking pot-shots. I'm defending people from your pot-shots. You brought up the personal stuff that was completely irrelevant. Maybe it's not my place, maybe it's a foolish waste of time. Those would be fair criticisms. But let's be straight on what it is. 

For (hopefully) the last time. You complained about having Harsin as head coach after paying Gus' buyout. I presumed you did not pay Gus' buyout. That's it. I don't care about your finances or anyone's finances. That's a difference between me and you. I don't value people by how much money they make. 

You then asked me to "compare portfolios," to prove you are superior. I hate this type of attitude so much. And (I will finally say it) I doubt I would lose that battle. Maybe so, but who cares. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not taking pot-shots. I'm defending people from your pot-shots. You brought up the personal stuff that was completely irrelevant. Maybe it's not my place, maybe it's a foolish waste of time. Those would be fair criticisms. But let's be straight on what it is. 

For (hopefully) the last time. You complained about having Harsin as head coach after paying Gus' buyout. I presumed you did not pay Gus' buyout. That's it. I don't care about your finances or anyone's finances. That's a difference between me and you. I don't value people by how much money they make. 

You then asked me to "compare portfolios," to prove you are superior. I hate this type of attitude so much. And (I will finally say it) I doubt I would lose that battle. Maybe so, but who cares. 

There’s a lot I could say to defend myself. I will leave it at, take it to PM man, take it to PM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1