eatting crow thread

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

There’s a lot I could say to defend myself. I will leave it at, take it to PM man, take it to PM.

Cool, send me a PM with whatever you want to say. I'll stop on here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I’ve said TJ needs a chance, also, based on Bo’s inconsistency. It’s not an ‘eat crow’ admission until we see consistency from Bo. He played his best game yesterday; let’s let the season play out before we start serving crow.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I will leave it at, take it to PM man, take it to PM.

4 hours ago, cbo said:

Thank you, much appreciated

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Who?

c20UV66B7zCWA.gif

Lots of people, but why do you have a UGA DL in your post? 

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I honestly don't get why you continue to do this. It seems you only come here to take shots at certain people. Or a certain person. 

I don't know anyone that's upset Bo played well. 

Thanks 🙏🏾 . No need for it. There was a reason a couple of folks got vacations last week. With that being said no one hates Bo or pissed that he does well because when he does well, we usually win and that is what matters most. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I honestly don't get why you continue to do this. It seems you only come here to take shots at certain people. Or a certain person. 

I don't know anyone that's upset Bo played well. 

Please refrain from name calling

Edited by bigbird

It was great to see Bo execute the game plan and be a great game manager.  Bobo has had some great game plans that the team has been failing to execute do to lack of individual focus from play to play.  Still got a long ways to go but today was a step in the right direction in Bo playing within the offense and maintaining drives.  Job well done.

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I’ve said TJ needs a chance, also, based on Bo’s inconsistency. It’s not an ‘eat crow’ admission until we see consistency from Bo. He played his best game yesterday; let’s let the season play out before we start serving crow.

Lots of us have gone the he's had 2 1/2 years, he is who he is, this is what we got, always a 56% passer, not gonna improve route.  Including me.

Each week he's looking better and better. The kid's getting coached up!!

I've got my crow stew almost where I like it as we speak.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Our opponents aren't going to be too much, if any, better than Arkansas the rest of the way. Especially defensively. 

Miss State's defense isn't better. South Carolina's isn't. Arkansas dominated A&M. Ole Miss beat Arkansas by a point at home. Alabama's defense gave up 40+ to TAMU's backup QB.

We aren't trying to beat UGA right now. We simply aren't on that level, talent wise. But we could win the west. And by the time we play Bama we could be a much better team. 

We may be pretty good!  Without the dropped passes (it is what it is, or more accurately it was what is was?—not trying to beat that dead horse)—but without the drops, we could have been pretty darn competitive in that game, and UGA has that once-in-a-generation team.  Forget the early ugly games, we seem to be improving pretty quickly across most areas. I would love to see a couple of wins coming up, in games that I immediately wrote off after PSU and Georgia State. Maybe we make a good showing!  Some years that’s going to be as good as you get.  If we play solid then we have a chance in every upcoming game. Ole Miss gonna be quite the test.  Corral is the real deal, in the air and on the ground.  That will be very telling.  I’m betting the over on that game.  Great test for the bend-but-don’t-break.   

I sincerely appreciate aufifty and my intention is not to rain on his parade.  Last night was fun and a much needed shot in the arm to us, many of whom wait all year for the only sport they really care about (except, for me, it’s Go Braves, too). But I’ll gladly eat crow after we duplicate this result a couple more times. And I think we can.  Going to take a couple more solid games to fully flush the taste of the Georgia State/UGA game out of my mouth. But War Eagle!   Big wins against a decent Arky and a better-than-we-thought Corndog team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I would love to see a couple of wins coming up, in games that I immediately wrote off

Trying to flush the Gustification of The Family takes some time.

It's been way to long since we had any hope that we would see improvement over the course of a season.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Trying to flush the Gustification of The Family takes some time.

It's been way to long since we had any hope that we would see improvement over the course of a season.

Which was weird because for a time, Gus was fearless, won some huuuuuuge games and had us in the National Conversation late in the season, as much as any team in college football.   Then those years of, yes, Gustification, (great phrase) set in….but when we was on, he was great.  We just kept the starting pitcher in way too long.  Love seeing playcalling evolving.  Good Lord we haven’t seen that in years.  Seems like a lifetime really. I was worried (and vocal) that was what we were going to get this year as well, thru the first few games, but glad I am wrong. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

The point is when Bo can play like this, consistently, against an actual defense I will be excited. But again, we played Arkansas...

You are actually on the mark. Everything went good Saturday and Bo played well ( like everyone knows he can). Maybe it was just Arkansas or maybe someone got him to look at his film. Bo has all the makings of a great QB. He is the legacy of a good College QB and has been trained since diapers to be a QB. He has talent and IQ. Bo’s biggest problem is when things get hectic Bo resorts to the bad habits of trying to do it all himself and not staying in the pocket. Bo did well when things went south during the middle 8 minutes. He stayed in the pocket , gave the plays time to develop. Looked to be going thru his reads and making catchable throws. He just needs to do this all the time. We will see in two weeks whether Bo has really made the changes and I hope he has. I still think the fact Harsin played TJ helped Bo think thru things. Now we need to win the rest of them and we can. We need another shot at UGA in Atlanta. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cbo said:

Preciate your heart and moral compass but don't put yourself on those types radar for me. It wouldn't be worth it. 

Definitely wish it was more like you though, I wouldn't want you to go through that. 

If you ever need me just holla!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Preciate your heart and moral compass but don't put yourself on those types radar for me. It wouldn't be worth it. 

Definitely wish it was more like you though, I wouldn't want you to go through that. 

If you ever need me just holla!

It's definitely not that noble. Certain behaviors just drive me crazy, especially when it comes out of the blue. I should probably just shut up.

3 hours ago, cbo said:

Must have missed something here. 

not really, I just explained what I think of that poster(24) with a 3 letter word.  he is not worth wasting time with or responding to.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

not really, I just explained what I think of that poster(24) with a 3 letter word.  he is not worth wasting time with or responding to.

Oh, I get it. I missed the edit and thought you were telling me to refrain from name calling. Which didn't make sense from you. I'm with you now. 

50 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I want call any names but a lot of us have the same opinion of different posters here.

Edited by Proud Tiger

On 10/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, MustardSeed said:

@aubiefifty

Praying for you guys. I know you don’t know me from Adam but if you ever need to talk I’m here. 

Praying for you & your ex as well Fifty, and I love the username MustardSeed -(If you have Faith the size of a MustardSeed you can move mountains). Without Faith I would have never made it through certain situations in my life (including the loss of my wife to cancer).   

19 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, you know, I guess I can’t think of anyone in particular? 

Sure was “so much more pleasant” on the game thread and post game thread without them!

Knock it off.  All of you have had the last warning you're going to get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, you know, I guess I can’t think of anyone in particular? 

Sure was “so much more pleasant” on the game thread and post game thread without them!

It ain't me...I've actually kind of defended Bo. I have obviously been very critical of the coaching staff so I'm very happy that they're starting to prove me wrong.

Edited by AUwent

Locking this thread with a final warning.  The ban hammer is dropping.  Stop the passive-aggressive, "I'm not naming names but <fill in with pissy comment about poster you don't like>" crap.  We're done with it.  We've asked all of you to put each other on ignore and that didn't work.  We've handed out a few days off to a few folks the last week or so.  Tolerance is over.  You'll either stop it and move on with your life or you'll find another board to infect with your bickering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1