Arkansas Postgame Thread

tbone1430

Just wanted to post this here, I've had my negative things about gus as a HC, but thoughts and prayers to his family 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 8
  • Sad 4

Fantastic win on the road against a ranked SEC team at 11 am that is actually really good. Wr’s looked amazing, Bo was fantastic, D did what they had to and got some key stops and even a TD. We looked well coached and well prepared. Solid win over all. War Wagle

Awesome game to watch. I'm happy to see the Auburn personality I've been missing - looking like everybody is working hard the whole game.

I am curious why it looks like Tank loses his momentum as soon as anyone touches him low. What's different now vs 'before'? I am not criticizing. Just seems like he's got the power of someone half his weight. Still doing good with speed and when he has some green space on the outside. I see that he has the fun of encounter a pile of bodies and no hole where he's supposed to go. So does Hunter, who seems to break quicker and find a different route - and keep churning after first, second, third contact. Is something up?

Bo threw the ball great it looked like he consciously took some of the heat off the throws and it allowed the receivers to make catches instead of it bouncing off their hands.  Run blocking wasn’t very good at all but good enough to get the win.  Pass protection, on the other hand, was excellent.   Defense looked shaky at times but I thought the sack and recovery in the end zone was the turning point in the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Can we please finally stop with the stupid narrative that Auburn sucks in 11 am games?

Agree. Tell Andy not to bring it up to Harsin in the pre-game. I cringed when he did. Yeah, it needs to stop lest it be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Awesome game to watch. I'm happy to see the Auburn personality I've been missing - looking like everybody is working hard the whole game.

I am curious why it looks like Tank loses his momentum as soon as anyone touches him low. What's different now vs 'before'? I am not criticizing. Just seems like he's got the power of someone half his weight. Still doing good with speed and when he has some green space on the outside. I see that he has the fun of encounter a pile of bodies and no hole where he's supposed to go. So does Hunter, who seems to break quicker and find a different route - and keep churning after first, second, third contact. Is something up?

I'm just guessing Tank and Hunter could both use a week to heal up a little.  I've also noticed they both aren't breaking tackles like they were earlier in the year.  Idk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Agree. Tell Andy not to bring it up to Harsin in the pre-game. I cringed when he did. Yeah, it needs to stop lest it be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I miss Rod

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm just guessing Tank and Hunter could both use a week to heal up a little.  I've also noticed they both aren't breaking tackles like they were earlier in the year.  Idk.

I'm sure they and lots of other guys feel like 90 year-olds right now. Just looked weird to me. A few times it looked like he barely got touched and just fell forward vs downshifted. Hunter didn't go down til there was a pile on top of him.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Can we please finally stop with the stupid narrative that Auburn sucks in 11 am games?

YES!

• Like 1

Great game in every phase besides third down defense and Run blocking. Good grief that was absolutely atrocious in both aspects. That is one of the best games I have seen in several years from Auburn WR's and TE's. The playcalling from Bobo was outstanding. One of the best called AU games in a long time on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like 9

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The playcalling from Bobo was outstanding

You might get rocked for saying this lol

• Like 1

The ghost of Fred Talley has to wait yet another year to run by all of our windows again. NOT THIS YEAR FRED!!!!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fredst said:

War Damn Eagle. Surely Harsin is changing the minds of the doubters at this point. If not, who cares? I love the direction and energy coming from the program at this point

I imagine you will hear a handful of folks not posting as much this week.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

You might get rocked for saying this lol

IDK why people dislike the dude so much. Dude always impressed me at Georgia. He may not been the "sexy" hire or a great innovative modern OC. BUT what  he is is a professional if you will OC who is very good most of the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Great game in every phase besides third down defense and Run blocking. Good grief that was absolutely atrocious in both aspects. That is one of the best games I have seen in several years from Auburn WR's and TE's. The playcalling from Bobo was outstanding. One of the best called AU games in a long time on the offensive side of the ball.

Agree about Bobo.. he called a great game and the players executed.. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think the playcalling has been solid all year. The execution has been hit or miss. No idea what we’ve done to the run game though. We could get the run game going by getting a little more creative, but maybe there hasn’t been time enough to work on it yet?  Who knows. It’s certainly a different world from Gus ball though. 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

I think the playcalling has been solid all year. The execution has been hit or miss. No idea what we’ve done to the run game though. We could get the run game going by getting a little more creative, but maybe there hasn’t been time enough to work on it yet?  Who knows. It’s certainly a different world from Gus ball though. 

OL are not road graders. It is that simple to me. We have the talent at RB. They are just getting mauled at the point of attack and getting their ish pushed in. I agree! People are focusing on the execution but guys have been open all season long in the passing game. Just have not finished the play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I agree. There might be a handful of plays I could nitpick but that is what anyone. Majority of the calls have failed because of execution. Have people forgotten where we are coming from?

• Like 2