Arkansas Postgame Thread

tbone1430

20 minutes ago, AUx said:

Awesome game to watch. I'm happy to see the Auburn personality I've been missing - looking like everybody is working hard the whole game.

I am curious why it looks like Tank loses his momentum as soon as anyone touches him low. What's different now vs 'before'? I am not criticizing. Just seems like he's got the power of someone half his weight. Still doing good with speed and when he has some green space on the outside. I see that he has the fun of encounter a pile of bodies and no hole where he's supposed to go. So does Hunter, who seems to break quicker and find a different route - and keep churning after first, second, third contact. Is something up?

Yeah I've noticed Tank has left quite a few runs out there when folks hit low. Quite a few runs where he couldve really broken a big one if he had broken the tackle. He does seem overall less strong this year. Jmo. Hes still a very good back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Can we please finally stop with the stupid narrative that Auburn sucks in 11 am games?

Agree, but need more consistency when winning in the AM.

This is definitely a great start!

Edited by Never2Yield

Guest MustardSeed
34 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Can we please finally stop with the stupid narrative that Auburn sucks in 11 am games?

Well, we knew we sucked at them under Gus. We also knew we werent going to win in Death Valley…so Harsin’s breaking trends in a good way!

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Yeah I've noticed Tank has left quite a few runs out there when folks hit low. Quite a few runs where he couldve really broken a big one if he had broken the tackle. He does seem overall less strong this year. Jmo. Hes still a very good back. 

Hoping he didn’t buy into the hype of him being the best back in the country.  He’s not solidly holding onto the starting role over a freshman at the moment. Of course the O-Line isn’t doing him any favors this year either. Get some holes opened up and I’d bet he gets back in form. 

That's not a game we normally win, but I thought the same about LSU. Hars' has the team behind him. Heck of a game and performance by Bo and WRs. Much to be improved on but it seems like Hars has the program headed in a great direction. 

• Like 1

Simply put. Our OL is not dominant enough to enforce their will on opposing defenses who are hell bent on the stopping the run with numbers. BUT, they are decent enough pass blockers. The passing game needed to evolve and it did today. Now, future defenses can’t cheat as much and the running lanes will be there again. Maybe today’s outstanding execution is a sign that things are starting to click. Bo hit more guys in the chest and stomach today, with rhythm throws, than I can ever remember. So polished. And ANOTHER dominant 4th quarter performance. YES!!!

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Running Nix in the 4th quarter were some of the better play calls I've seen at Auburn in about 8 years. They seriously need to figure out the run game though. I'd like to see some backup O-linemen push for playing time. Hard to believe we're seeing the best we have. Love seeing all the TE's playing too.

I'm of the belief "they" held out on Nix runs in the first three quarters intentionally so he could catch them off guard late.. Also that CDM really is playing a bend but don't break type deal where they can ramp up the intensity late in the game. Just my opinion- but if it's true, it's impressive. And ballsy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I'm of the belief "they" held out on Nix runs in the first three quarters intentionally so he could catch them off guard late.. Also that CDM really is playing a bend but don't break type deal where they can ramp up the intensity late in the game. Just my opinion- but if it's true, it's impressive. And ballsy.

the defense seems designed to really clamp down as the field gets more condensed near the redzone

• Like 1

Very important win for our Tigers, and for CBH!!!!!

Team is getting better.  The next several games could go either way.  They’re all winnable!  We could be 9-2 hosting bama with the SECW title on the line.  In those type contests we’ve done more than just hold our own!

with that said…. We do have some major issues that I’m not sure we can overcome.  It concerns me that we could not run on Arky, or stop their run.   Our pass defense is still soft.   A lot of that is the typical growing pains of learning a new scheme.  (bama and uga went through the same thing, so we should expect some growing pains on that side of the ball too).  Good news is hopefully we can continue to see week-to-week progress on D.  Same with our young WRs.  There’s talent there and they’re getting experience.  Today was Bo’s best game as an Auburn Tiger!  If he can be consistent at that level, he will be a very, very good QB! As for the other major issue, we can scheme around our weaknesses as much as we can, but our OL just isn’t championship level (far from it)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We could be 9-2 hosting bama with the SECW title on the line.   

And that's not even a reach. Looks 50/50 to me. Damn sure not impossible.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Didba said:

the defense seems designed to really clamp down as the field gets more condensed near the redzone

Yes and our average speed we have in the defensive backfield is not as much an issue.

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

Agree, but need more consistency when winning in the AM.

This is definitely a great start!

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Well, we knew we sucked at them under Gus. We also knew we werent going to win in Death Valley…so Harsin’s breaking trends in a good way!

We had a winning record at 11 am under Gus.  Try again y'all.

There were a couple of 11 am games under Tubs that scarred people for 15 years.  Time to understand facts and move on.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We had a winning record at 11 am under Gus.  Try again y'all.

There were a couple of 11 am games under Tubs that scarred people for 15 years.  Time to understand facts and move on.

Not saying your wrong and it may be just what you said…but where do find this stat?

9 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Not saying your wrong and it may be just what you said…but where do find this stat?

You just have to look year by year on the AU site.  Since the start of 2013 at 11 am in the regular season:

13-6 overall

11-6 vs SEC teams

3 of the losses were in 2015.

So yeah, its a really tired narrative with no basis in reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You just have to look year by year on the AU site.  Since the start of 2013 at 11 am in the regular season:

13-6 overall

11-6 vs SEC teams

Seems the 11 am HOME games were  the ones that were problematic, that’s probably just my bad memory though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

13-6 overall

11-6 vs SEC teams

It's worth noting that teams tend to get more morning games when they're bad.

But the 2006 season in particular sticks out for a lot of people, me included.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

It's worth noting that teams tend to get more morning games when they're bad.

But the 2006 season in particular sticks out for a lot of people, me included.

Not always the case anymore.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

13-6 overall

11-6 vs SEC teams

Hmmm…so we only won 65% of our 11am SEC games. Considering these are typically against the weaker teams in the SEC, I’d say you may have just proven the narrative 🤷‍♂️  It’s not as bad as people make it out to be but the data clearly shows we’ve had  some issues there

23 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Hmmm…so we only won 65% of our 11am SEC games. Considering these are typically against the weaker teams in the SEC, I’d say you may have just proven the narrative 🤷‍♂️  It’s not as bad as people make it out to be but the data clearly shows we’ve had  some issues there

65% is better than our overall SEC win percentage during the same period.  Also, the weaker teams argument is tired too.

Just last year, we played A&M at 11 am.  Same team that finished #4 in the country.

UGA, ranked #1 this year, played Arkansas (ranked #8 at the time) a few weeks ago at 11 am.

This isn't the JP era anymore y'all.

Edited by Brad_ATX