Jump to content
Null

Recommended Posts

Absolutely crucial win today for the division race. We are now legitimate contenders for Atlanta. 

Looking at the big picture, we are carrying enormous momentum into a much needed bye. Our two toughest remaining opponents are at home. Everyone on the schedule is very beatable, and with our only SEC loss being to an East opponent, we technically lead the West.

We're in such a good spot, that we could realistically survive one more loss and still win the West. This kind of scenario hasn't been plausible since the Tubberville days.

There are three options. In all scenarios, we have to beat Alabama in the finale. But the 4 games prior aren't as set in stone. 

Scenario A: Auburn loses to Texas A&M. Here, we can afford a loss in College Station so long as the Aggies lose to Ole Miss (or LSU). We would finish with 2 losses and have the tiebreaker over Alabama. TAMU would have 3 losses. 

Scenario B: Auburn loses to Ole Miss. This is the slightly longer shot. The Rebels would have to lose to TAMU, which is plausible, and then lose either the Egg Bowl or to LSU. 

Scenario 3: Auburn loses to Ole Miss but wins 3-way tiebreaker. Auburn, OM, and Bama could all end the season in a 3-way tie with 2 SEC losses a piece. Head to head would cancel out, as AU beat Bama, Bama beat OM, OM beat AU. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe AU would win the tiebreaker, as it would come down to division record. We only have 1 West loss, whereas Bama and OM will have two. 

Really going to be fun to watch. Especially if we can win on Halloween Eve! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So will we

I prefer worrying about going 1-0.

AU is 4-0 at College Station, including beating two Heisman winners.

I can see us winning out or losing every game depending on which team shows up. Either way, we HAVE to be able to run the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

I can see us winning out or losing every game depending on which team shows up. Either way, we HAVE to be able to run the ball. 

I don't think we lose out regardless. I think 7 wins is now the floor. Ole Miss, TAMU, and Alabama are anybody's guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still not sold on Tamu as they just caught Bama being Bama in which they normally lose one game a year. IMO a performance like today beats them as well Which leaves Ole Piss and the turds at home and I like our chances

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I don't think we lose out regardless. I think 7 wins is now the floor. Ole Miss, TAMU, and Alabama are anybody's guess.

Yep. USCe literally needed a last second TD to beat Vandy…. Could we lose that one?  Sure. We almost lost Ga St. BUT, we should win that one by 20 plus and MSU is just not very good. We should be double digit favorites in that one too. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

I prefer worrying about going 1-0.

Right I have seen at least three threads about this now. Happy for the excitement but I think we need to slow down. Just last week people were saying they don’t know how we would get through this stretch. Just two to three weeks ago, people were thinking we would lose to Arkansas. A major game against Ole miss coming up soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping for a 2-3 finish. I see it as a stretch to beat Ole Miss, they have a great QB that is a good passer and runner, we struggle with that. I see it as a toss up to beat MS St, they throw it around so much they are always a threat and we have a terrible pass defense with no rush. We should beat the game cocks, anything can happen, but we should take care of that one. I don't think we can handle tamu in college station. And bammer, ugh!

 

I'll be happy if we can pull out MS St and take care of USCe. If we somehow pull out a win against Ole MIss or tamu and go 3-2, I'm ecstatic. Winning the west? Get outta here! haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be the minority here or get flamed, but I don't think Ole Miss is that good. Their signature win is Arky and they barely pulled that out (Arky dropped 51 points on them). We just handled Arky at their place.

Can we lose to Ole Miss? Sure, but there really isn't a reason we shouldn't win this game.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, to win the West we need to win out. Yes, there are other ways that it could happen but an Iron Bowl loss would pretty much put us out of the picture.

Lose to UAT and they would hold the tie breaker. We'd have two conference losses, which means bammer would have to lose 3. What other two teams on their schedule can possibly beat them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a shot, but I do not like the ATM matchup. Their DL is a strength, as they showed against bammer, and that is opposite our weakness at OL. 

OM's blitz package may present problems as well, but a lot of of their damage was done when Tenn RB's failed to pick up blitzers, and I think our RBs are better at that - $1 to Gus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather this team improve each week in preparation from the future and Harsin prove his worth to potential recruits.  This season is what it is and I don’t believe we’ve seen the last W.  But:

 

Arky is on the decline at the moment.  Pittman is the right man for the job over there and I’m a fan, but his ceiling over there is 8-9 wins per year due to recruiting geography.  If Pittman maintains that each year I hope the Hogs keep him because they’re not going to do any better and it makes a win against them meaningful.  
 

ATM is on the upswing.  That’s going to be a battle.  The UAT game was no fluke.  
 

USCe?  Not sure, but I feel pretty good about that one barring anything crazy or stupid like last year. 
 

Ole Miss:  The Kiffins are just crazy over there.   I doubt our boys can put up points against them, but they will get theirs as well.  
 

Cowbells?  They’ll get their points but our boys get more.  
 

UAT is beatable, but without an effective pash rush less so.  They’re not a natty team unless they figure out how to protect the QB better though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I would rather this team improve each week in preparation from the future and Harsin prove his worth to potential recruits.  This season is what it is and I don’t believe we’ve seen the last W.  But:

 

Arky is on the decline at the moment.  Pittman is the right man for the job over there and I’m a fan, but his ceiling over there is 8-9 wins per year due to recruiting geography.  If Pittman maintains that each year I hope the Hogs keep him because they’re not going to do any better and it makes a win against them meaningful.  
 

ATM is on the upswing.  That’s going to be a battle.  The UAT game was no fluke.  
 

USCe?  Not sure, but I feel pretty good about that one barring anything crazy or stupid like last year. 
 

Ole Miss:  The Kiffins are just crazy over there.   I doubt our boys can put up points against them, but they will get theirs as well.  
 

Cowbells?  They’ll get their points but our boys get more.  
 

UAT is beatable, but without an effective pash rush less so.  They’re not a natty team unless they figure out how to protect the QB better though. 

UAT will be extremely hard to beat by the time we play them, IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From here on out every team is beatable. Ole Miss gonna score but they will give with turnovers or using the analytics which should give Auburn good field position. 
  TAMU is still winnable as Auburn has done well on the road there and there might be a slight overreaction to them beating Bama
  Bama will be better but their defense isn’t elite by their standards. The bend but don’t break defense will probably get the fans mettle in those 3 days. However, that’s why they play the games. It’s not won on paper it’s won on field and War Eagle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Lets just hope the majority of the team, if not all, are winning every day in the film room, practice, weight room and the class room.

I agree Coach Harsin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DAG said:

Right I have seen at least three threads about this now. Happy for the excitement but I think we need to slow down. Just last week people were saying they don’t know how we would get through this stretch. Just two to three weeks ago, people were thinking we would lose to Arkansas. A major game against Ole miss coming up soon. 

Why do people post stuff like this? This is a message board for fans. It isn't the locker room. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

I may be the minority here or get flamed, but I don't think Ole Miss is that good. Their signature win is Arky and they barely pulled that out (Arky dropped 51 points on them). We just handled Arky at their place.

Can we lose to Ole Miss? Sure, but there really isn't a reason we shouldn't win this game.

Kiffin is still a goofy human being who is going to do goofy things. How many times do guys like him and Ed O have to flame out before people understand that's who they are? Kiffin may beat us this year, but not sold at all on him making OM a contender or him as the next big HC (considering Tennessee, the Raiders, and USC all thought the same thing).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Realistically, to win the West we need to win out. Yes, there are other ways that it could happen but an Iron Bowl loss would pretty much put us out of the picture.

Lose to UAT and they would hold the tie breaker. We'd have two conference losses, which means bammer would have to lose 3. What other two teams on their schedule can possibly beat them?

I posted that all scenarios require us beating Alabama. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Why do people post stuff like this? This is a message board for fans. It isn't the locker room. 

Because I can the same way you can keep posting your Disney themed threads. You should keep it going, we all enjoy it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...