Winning the West

AUght2win

Just now, DAG said:

Because I can the same way you can keep posting your Disney themed threads. You should keep it going, we all enjoy it.

Glad you can keep our eyes on the prize, coach. 

5 hours ago, gabo4au said:

I don't think we can handle tamu in college station.

AU is 4-0 at College Station, including beating two Heisman winners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Viper said:

The TAMU game is always a treat. 

BTW TAMU is as extreme as some of the posters here. Just two weeks ago they wanted to fire Jimbo now they for sure think they will run the table to win the SEC West. Get this, they are also hyping us to win the iron bowl, completely to their benefit. Got to love it.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

LSU this year should tell you that success in past is not a predictor of the future. Must win or lose each game each year with the players you have against the players they have.

• Like 1

IF we win our next four we will be 9-2 on the season heading into the iron bowl 9 win auburn teams have a pretty good track record in iron bowls....but biggest hurdles will be ole miss whos offense can score at will and a&m who has a stingy D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I posted that all scenarios require us beating Alabama. 

So you did. Somehow I missed that. Apologies.

• Like 1

A couple of general observations that may help us contend for the West down the stretch: I thought Killian Zierer played very well at LT. He’s more physical than I thought and seems more athletic than our other linemen. He also has great length and uses it well against defenders. And Oscar Chapman is becoming a weapon as a punter. He’s doing a great job flipping field position. That can be critical vs an offense like OM’s. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

IF we win our next four we will be 9-2 on the season heading into the iron bowl 9 win auburn teams have a pretty good track record in iron bowls....but biggest hurdles will be ole miss whos offense can score at will and a&m who has a stingy D

It's actually less difficult than that. Losing to either Ole Miss or aTm (i.e., going 3-1 over the next four) most likely sets up a winner take all Iron Bowl again. In that case we would be 5-2 and they would be 6-1 heading into that game. So we would have that tiebreaker if we win the game.

Note: It would be interesting since Bama's loss is to aTm and ours would be to either aTm or Ole Miss. BUT we have to play both of them and they still have to play each other, so I like our chances. 

• Like 1

Ole Miss is overrated (as are all kiffen teams by the media), miss st is a win or dreadful loss, aTm there is a probable loss or win for the ages, and Bama is better than UGa 9 out of 10 games. 

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Ole Miss is overrated (as are all kiffen teams by the media), miss st is a win or dreadful loss, aTm there is a probable loss or win for the ages, and Bama is better than UGa 9 out of 10 games. 

Is your opinion on Alabama based on anything to do with this specific season?

Also, UGA never had the clear cut better team than UA when they matched up. Even in 2017 when UGA was higher seeded, they had no business even making it past OU 

10 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

It's actually less difficult than that. Losing to either Ole Miss or aTm (i.e., going 3-1 over the next four) most likely sets up a winner take all Iron Bowl again. In that case we would be 5-2 and they would be 6-1 heading into that game. So we would have that tiebreaker if we win the game.

Note: It would be interesting since Bama's loss is to aTm and ours would be to either aTm or Ole Miss. BUT we have to play both of them and they still have to play each other, so I like our chances. 

Losing to one of TAMU or OM and hoping the one we lose to loses to the one we beat (or hoping for another SEC team to throw a wrench in) seems severely more difficult than beating both of those two 

20 hours ago, Viper said:

Man I totally forgot about Murray and I was at that game.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, TheDob06 said:

I may be the minority here or get flamed, but I don't think Ole Miss is that good. Their signature win is Arky and they barely pulled that out (Arky dropped 51 points on them). We just handled Arky at their place.

I agree.  Their offense is good, but also mistake-prone.   Their defense is not good!  If we have a balanced offensive attack, we should do really well offensively.  They will put up a lot of yards on us, but I think we can limit the points, and get some stops too.    With 2 weeks to get healthier and prepare, knowing what is in front of us, and the JHS crowd, I like our chances in that game!

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, AUght2win said:

Why do people post stuff like this? This is a message board for fans. It isn't the locker room. 

It is the truth.  Sometimes sunshine needs to be tempered with reality.  Everyone on the board wants us to win out.