Jump to content
Null

Winning the West


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts





2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It is the truth.  Sometimes sunshine needs to be tempered with reality.  Everyone on the board wants us to win out.

Unless you can tell me next month's lotto numbers, verifying your foreknowledge of the future, you should find another term to use instead of "truth". 

Nobody here knows what's going to happen. And unlike actual players, our attitude toward the remainder of our games won't make any difference.

Some people are just contrarians. That, or they're jealous of others' ability to discuss possibilities without an emotional breakdown if those possibilities don't come to fruition. 

It's a football forum. Let people talk.

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

  

....  unlike actual players, our attitude toward the remainder of our games won't make any difference.

 

  Not so true.   

What is said on message boards effect recruits.  They see a bunch of "fans"  complaining, pushing a negative narrative,  saying the coaches are not good, a player is not talented and bailing on the team when adversity hits,  they are going to look elsewhere, for a team with less of that.  It just takes missing out on one 5 star OL for it to effect the team.

 

So yeah,  what is said by a random poster doesn't carry much weight,  but when you have a plethora of posters repeating a negative narrative, like we do,  it can have a major effect on a team by hampering recruiting. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to sit back and let it play out. I've never seen a more timely bye-week. Just the right timing and positioning to build on the good and work out the bad. There is a chance. This team doesn't have the depth  and has it's ups and downs on execution- but there's enough Joes there with enough mojo to win all these by one point. Likely? No. Possible? It's entirely possible.

Edited by jAUSon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Unless you can tell me next month's lotto numbers, verifying your foreknowledge of the future, you should find another term to use instead of "truth". 

Nobody here knows what's going to happen. And unlike actual players, our attitude toward the remainder of our games won't make any difference.

Some people are just contrarians. That, or they're jealous of others' ability to discuss possibilities without an emotional breakdown if those possibilities don't come to fruition. 

It's a football forum. Let people talk.

Clearly, I am for letting people talk.  I didn't post a message suggesting otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

  Not so true.   

What is said on message boards effect recruits. 

Can't tell you how many signing day interviews I've heard where kids say "Ultimately, my choice came down to where I felt the online forums had the most positive energy."

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Can't tell you how many signing day interviews I've heard where kids say "Ultimately, my choice came down to where I felt the online forums had the most positive energy."

 

Sarcasm noted.  But you are still in the dark.

They aren't going to say it,  but all else equal, they will  decide against a school where the fans do not support the team or players.  We unfortunately have to deal with  bama fans,  both outright,  and posing as Auburn fans.  Add to that the large amount of our own entitled, knee jerk fans, and we leave a very negative impression of Auburn.  Every school has their psycho entitled fans,  but we seem to have an exorbitant amount of them.  Top it off with the anti Auburn media in the state, who use these  ridiculous negative posts to push their agenda. 

It is ALL marketing.    In today's digital world, every single recruit looks up the school and forums like this one as soon as they get an offer.    When they scan the board and see  repeatedly "coach X" isn't any good or is in over his head.   We should have hired LK.  Player X  is more talented and will never see the field with this coach.  Or player Y needs to be benched (even tho he is trying to learn a new system, culture and football philosophy),  how can a recruit not picture themselves in that position.

 

we have had people really piss of players parents on this board and others.  Do you think they are going to suggest talented little brother/cousin/family friend go to Auburn?  Not as likely,   and every little bit counts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

 

Sarcasm noted.  But you are still in the dark.

They aren't going to say it,  but all else equal, they will  decide against a school where the fans do not support the team or players.  We unfortunately have to deal with  bama fans,  both outright,  and posing as Auburn fans.  Add to that the large amount of our own entitled, knee jerk fans, and we leave a very negative impression of Auburn.  Every school has their psycho entitled fans,  but we seem to have an exorbitant amount of them.  Top it off with the anti Auburn media in the state, who use these  ridiculous negative posts to push their agenda. 

It is ALL marketing.    In today's digital world, every single recruit looks up the school and forums like this one as soon as they get an offer.    When they scan the board and see  repeatedly "coach X" isn't any good or is in over his head.   We should have hired LK.  Player X  is more talented and will never see the field with this coach.  Or player Y needs to be benched (even tho he is trying to learn a new system, culture and football philosophy),  how can a recruit not picture themselves in that position.

 

we have had people really piss of players parents on this board and others.  Do you think they are going to suggest talented little brother/cousin/family friend go to Auburn?  Not as likely,   and every little bit counts.

Just so wildly wrong. The most successful team in college football, Alabama, has one of the least supportive and hyper critical fan bases in the country. Their student section is so piss-poor they have to incentivize kids to come and stay at the games. 

Nutty take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Just so wildly wrong. The most successful team in college football, Alabama, has one of the least supportive and hyper critical fan bases in the country. Their student section is so piss-poor they have to incentivize kids to come and stay at the games. 

Nutty take. 

 

 

you aren't from around here are ya'?

 

You really think bama football doesn't have support?  They have a psychotic amount of support from most of their fan base.

Every player that goes to bama is the greatest player to ever play football til they get processed.

 

bama also doesn't have the media  regurgitating the BS they read about Bama  like they do towards Auburn.  Marketing and publicity is an uphill battle for Auburn.  We don't need to make it ANY more difficult.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...