Aaron Murray getting called out

aubiefifty

Aaron Murray getting called out for CBS broadcast of Auburn-Arkansas game

Jake Rill | 20 hours ago
3-4 minutes

Aaron Murray was part of the CBS broadcast booth for Saturday afternoon’s Auburn-Arkansas game. And that was something that many fans appeared to not be too happy about.

Throughout the first half, plenty of people took to Twitter to voice their opinions about Murray’s analysis, and much of it was not positive. Murray, a former Georgia quarterback, has been a broadcaster since 2017, and he was put on this game with CBS airing an SEC doubleheader on Saturday.

Auburn led Arkansas, 14-10, at halftime, and the break in the action gave social media plenty more time to continue to react to Murray’s commentary.

Here’s some of what Twitter was saying about Murray heading into the second half:

Definitely the B-team for CBS today. Aaron Murray brings nothing but awkwardness to the broadcast.

— Derek Oxford (@derekosports) October 16, 2021

Aaron Murray just gave Auburn credit for something???? pic.twitter.com/qzDjvSveUi

— Jaylin Williams/Jarquez Hunter Fan Account (@ShootyHoopsWill) October 16, 2021

Funny. Aaron Murray cried about Nick Fairley tackling like that, & now he seems fine with it.

— O&T Eternal Champ of the Week (@AUSquid) October 16, 2021

Aaron Murray is terrible on TV. Please stop putting him in the broadcast booth

— RC (@RodChap24) October 16, 2021

Aaron Murray should be banned from calling Auburn games

— Jared Porter (@jaredporter_dev) October 16, 2021

Can someone tell Aaron Murray to stop saying “The University of Georgia.”

— The Auburn Emporium (@AuburnEmporium) October 16, 2021

We’re just a couple minutes into Auburn and Arkansas and I’m pretty sure Aaron Murray has already mentioned Georgia about 3x

— Caleb Suggs (@CalebSuggs2) October 16, 2021

Its bc Aaron Murray hates Auburn… I’m gonna watch the second half on mute https://t.co/RnUaLaCOKY

— Jay (@jayyytoven_) October 16, 2021

Apparently “taking a pop” for Aaron Murray is “falling backwards to the ground and the defender barely scuffing against you”… sounds right.

— Ben Bloodworth (@BenBloodworth) October 16, 2021

Aaron Murray and this CBS B crew are insufferable.

— Weagle Weagle (@WarDamnEagle__) October 16, 2021

The Georgia in Aaron Murray hates Auburn so much. Commentators are supposed to be unbiased but he’s anything but. https://t.co/4nysgufixP

— AJ Richardson (@AJayJay_) October 16, 2021

"When was the last time you saw a fullback at Auburn University?" -Aaron Murray, who can't remember anything past two or so years

— Justin (@saveitfulaytar) Octob

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Thanks 1

This crew was certainly the bottom of CBS's stockpile. I thought several times during the game that we must have drawn the worst crew they have.

• Like 7

I noticed it as well, but will give some credit to Murray on his Bo commentary.  That being said, when was the last time Cubelic was on a crew calling an Auburn game? McElroy is as Bammer homer as they come and was at the cowbell game last night, but does a good job not dripping Saban juice everywhere.  Same on their radio show.  

• aubiefifty changed the title to Aaron Murray getting called out
38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This crew was certainly the bottom of CBS's stockpile. I thought several times during the game that we must have drawn the worst crew they have.

It was the 11:00 game so probably is rated the lowest. He has to call some game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I noticed it as well, but will give some credit to Murray on his Bo commentary.  That being said, when was the last time Cubelic was on a crew calling an Auburn game? McElroy is as Bammer homer as they come and was at the cowbell game last night, but does a good job not dripping Saban juice everywhere.  Same on their radio show.  

I like McElroy and Cubelic both. Didn’t mind Murray.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Step away from CBS broadcast's....Turn your RADIO's ON! 

But then we’d have to hear our broadcaster mess up every other play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Better him than the over explaining Neuheisel.  

Yeah I didn’t think Murray was that bad. Neuheisel was AWFUL though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cctiger said:

I did this for a play or two but the delay was so severe the radio was nearly an entire play ahead of the TV.  If I can't watch I really do enjoy the radio more than the TV announcers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jluvah said:

But then we’d have to hear our broadcaster mess up every other play

True but he's our broadcaster, at least.  Since Rod's passing, I just can't bring myself to listen to anyone do an Auburn game. 

I can't stand most broadcasters, but the fact we've had this crew twice, proves Auburn is truly hated around the country.

9 minutes ago, USATiger said:

True but he's our broadcaster, at least.  Since Rod's passing, I just can't bring myself to listen to anyone do an Auburn game. 

I can't stand most broadcasters, but the fact we've had this crew twice, proves Auburn is truly hated around the country.

What a dumb comment.  Here's how it works.

When CBS has a doubleheader, they get the 1st and 3rd choice of SEC games that week.

Both weeks, the Auburn game was the 3rd choice in conference, so we get the #2 CBS crew.  It has nothing to do with us being "hated".  CBS just has mediocre-to-bad broadcast crews.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, cctiger said:

That doesn't work if the only way you can get CBS is via satellite. The radio is 15 to 18 seconds ahead of the TV.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

I loath all football tv broadcasters at this point. All the traditions and talents, all the classic ribbon-mic voices are gone. This new era is busy trying to broadcast 50 games on a Saturday instead of 6, with an ass-load of talentless millenials. They all sound like d-bags that I wouldn't go drinking with. Beth is the worst. The people that own the booth kept women out all those years, then brought this moose in here to make us guilty like we were the ones that were doing women wrong, shows you how $h1tty these people are.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah I didn’t think Murray was that bad. Neuheisel was AWFUL though.

I have to disagree this time.   I am not a Neuheisel fan, but  he absolutely called a couple of plays perfectly before the snap and did much better than yrs past.  

That said, he is much better in the booth than on the field.   

But, one game does not make him a great booth guy. 

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

What a dumb comment.  Here's how it works.

When CBS has a doubleheader, they get the 1st and 3rd choice of SEC games that week.

Both weeks, the Auburn game was the 3rd choice in conference, so we get the #2 CBS crew.  It has nothing to do with us being "hated".  CBS just has mediocre-to-bad broadcast crews.

I was being facetious.  Guess I have to find a damn emoji so really bright guys like yourself can figure that out.