1,000 yard rusher...

Tigerpro2a

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Look at the lane on Bo’s TD run. He had all kinds of space and only had the safety to beat. Tank and Hunter can get that kind of room too with an effective pass game. If Bo’s deep ball is finally starting to work now like it did Saturday then our RB’s will start eating 

I somewhat agree but not based on that last TD. That was HORRIBLE defense. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Speaking of this, anybody notice the effort, or lack there of, of said safety (#15) on that play? I was thrilled that we scored but the effort he made to tackle Nix was slightly less than heroic, lol

Making a one on one tackle in space with no help is tough he also thought the D Lineman had Bo but could t bring him down with an arm tackle 

Edited by Sizzle

55 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I somewhat agree but not based on that last TD. That was HORRIBLE defense. 

The defense was spaced out, the LB hit the wrong hole so it was one on one with the safety and Bo won. It was a good call and good execution

My main doubt is not the abilities of our RBs but rather the inability of our oline to create lanes. Pass protection has vastly improved. My main reason for doubt is that in spite of how well Bo and our receivers played and against one of the worse run defenses in the SEC , Tank and Hunter combined did not crack 100 yards!?. This is now the most disappointing to me now that Bo and the receivers are playing better.

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

My main doubt is not the abilities of our RBs but rather the inability of our oline to create lanes. Pass protection has vastly improved. My main reason for doubt is that in spite of how well Bo and our receivers played abd against one of the worse run defenses in the SEC , Tank and Hunter combined did not crack 100 yards!?. This is now the most disappointing to me now that Bo and the receivers are playing better.

True but also we got to understand teams are loading the box allowing for those pass plays to open up. I say take advantage to it as much as possible. Also, there were opportunities for some big runs but for whatever reason we keep getting tripped up by arm tackles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I can think of several games over the past three years. Oregon and the '19 Iron Bowl for starters.

About those drops: No team, offense, or QB is going to look good with six drops per game. No QB can put the team on his back with the pass catchers dropping catchable passes. We had two more drops against Arky, which is an improvement but still not great.

How did Bo carry the team in the 19 Iron Bowl?   he did play solid, but I do not believe that was the case.  We had 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns and more rushing yards than passing yards, I believe it was close though.  he had 15 completions and one touchdown.  That was a team win if I remember correctly and was an ugly win, I think we gave up over 500 yards to their offense, outgained by almost 200 yards on offense.

Bo has had lots of moments and good halves of football for Auburn, no doubt about it.  It is super exciting to see the growth over the last two games, footwork and mechanics have improved as well as decision making.  I am excited and hopeful to see continued improvement from him the rest of the season.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

How did Bo carry the team in the 19 Iron Bowl?   he did play solid, but I do not believe that was the case.  We had 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns and more rushing yards than passing yards, I believe it was close though.  he had 15 completions and one touchdown.  That was a team win if I remember correctly and was an ugly win, I think we gave up over 500 yards to their offense, outgained by almost 200 yards on offense.

Bo has had lots of moments and good halves of football for Auburn, no doubt about it.  It is super exciting to see the growth over the last two games, footwork and mechanics have improved as well as decision making.  I am excited and hopeful to see continued improvement from him the rest of the season.  

Bo is the new Gus in terms of the discourse. 

Fortunately he's different in that he might be taking it upon himself the change the dynamics of said discourse. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

True but also we got to understand teams are loading the box allowing for those pass plays to open up. I say take advantage to it as much as possible. Also, there were opportunities for some big runs but for whatever reason we keep getting tripped up by arm tackles 

Lot of truth in this post. I say we eat it up while they are allowing it as well and while Bo has a hot hand it seems. Defenses will start playing us a little differently if he keeps it up. I honestly don't think there has been a single game from 2019 to now where Bo showed he can beat you if you force his hand until this past weekend. Sure, he has connected on a play here and there, and had a good game here and there, but not to the level of this past weekend. Bo showed that if you load the box on him he can beat you by completing multiple passes moving the chains down the field as well as a death strike 70 yard TD bomb. He just needs to stay consistent as do the WRs/ RBs and OL.

I have noticed the shoe lace tackles a lot this year. I don't think there is any real reason to it. Sometimes one guy catches your shin and you break that tackle and go for 20 plus, sometimes it takes you down. We will start seeing Tank start breaking those and surviving eventually on the law of averages alone. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Anybody saying he carried that Oregon game is laughable as well. If people would stop the wild exaggerations then nobody would bring up how it's not true and the discussion wouldn't have to go to what Bo didn't do and eventually the everybody hates Bo stuff.

We all should focus on the wonderful game he just had and the focus would stay on positive about him as it very well should be after a great performance that he put on. 

But this is a great example of why at times conversations go the way they do. This could saying be a great game Bo had where everybody helped out, instead of Bo is so much greater but he's being held back by his team mates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Making a one on one tackle in space with no help is tough he also thought the D Lineman had Bo but could t bring him down with an arm tackle 

Oh it was definitely a tough spot to be in and Bo is a good athlete. I thought he was in good position but the effort was meh. Of course, easy for me to say from the couch….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Bo managed those games well, he definitely didn’t carry us those games