You don't say

bigbird

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

They *have* had to deal with a ton of injuries. But yeah.

Always a reason why it's not Gus...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.gif.f7ef0bf43da919ac0a6d98e1f3b066e8.gif

👆🏻AUburn fans to UCF fans. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Look Gus had a few good years with his unseen offense, but that has passed now. Everyone has watched it in tape and know how to stop it. He will win a few games against lesser folks but he won’t win against talented teams without him getting some talent as well and he just doesn’t recruit that well . 

I hope Gus and T-Will can turn it around and have success at UCF.  I wish him nothing but the best. He is a good man, and I'm not sure why posters here take such satisfaction in his struggles this season. He tried his best at Auburn, even if he wasn't as successful as everyone wanted. It's not like he did something disastrous like Chuck Person or Hugh Freeze or Bobby Petrino. It was time for a change, and it's done. 

It's pretty low class to want him to fail at UCF.  It's even worse to enjoy it when his team loses. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I bet they have not even seen the whirlybird yet.

Or a throw over the middle to a tight end!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t see anything wrong with wanting to see a team lose or a particular coach.   Just because they coached at Auburn doesn’t give anyone a pass.   I’m sure that plenty of people want to see Saban lose.   What makes it different?   Because it’s Alabama?   I like to see everyone Auburn plays lose.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope Gus and T-Will can turn it around and have success at UCF.  I wish him nothing but the best. He is a good man, and I'm not sure why posters here take such satisfaction in his struggles this season. He tried his best at Auburn, even if he wasn't as successful as everyone wanted. It's not like he did something disastrous like Chuck Person or Hugh Freeze or Bobby Petrino. It was time for a change, and it's done. 

It's pretty low class to want him to fail at UCF.  It's even worse to enjoy it when his team loses. 

I think people just want vindication that we made the right decision. My stance on Gus is I want him to win 8-10 games a year—basically, enough to stay there as long as he wants but not enough to make us regret parting with him.

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's pretty low class to want him to fail at UCF

Who said anything about that?

I think it hilarious that another fan base was so pumped about Gus only to watch him be the same disaster on the sidelines as he was here the last 8 years.

Every year for fans of Gus coached teams

scared-shocked.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finding it funny is pretty much the same thing.....getting pleasure out of another person's struggle. Why not wish him well and move on instead of continuing this kind of stuff? Gus was absolutely crushed when he got fired, but he was very classy in the way he responded. This is just the opposite.....kinda like the continuing pot shots at Jeremy Johnson. 

Who knows? Gus may have success at UCF after a few recruiting cycles. Florida is loaded with talent and he may do well. If he doesn't....it just doesn't matter to Auburn any more anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Finding it funny is pretty much the same thing.....getting pleasure out of another person's struggle. Why not wish him well and move on instead of continuing this kind of stuff? Gus was absolutely crushed when he got fired, but he was very classy in the way he responded. This is just the opposite.....kinda like the continuing pot shots at Jeremy Johnson. 

Who knows? Gus may have success at UCF after a few recruiting cycles. Florida is loaded with talent and he may do well. If he doesn't....it just doesn't matter to Auburn any more anyway. 

Agree to disagree. I'ma continue enjoying his mediocrity while you keep standing up for him. You can be the yin to my yang.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Agree to disagree. I'ma continue enjoying his mediocrity while you keep standing up for him. You can be the yin to my yang.

To me it’s not a dislike for Gus as much as UCF. When they decided to be national champs on their own I then decided to hope they always lose. The winner of the Super Bowl may have 3 losses to 3 other teams. Since those teams beat Super Bowl Champs during season do they get their own Super Bowl Trophy? So I see uCF brat like loser mentality.
Back to Gus. Now I know they will always be average with him as HC so there ya go!

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

To me its just further validation for those of us who had been screaming about the man's coaching for years.  And I see nothing wrong with that.

If his feelings were hurt when he got fired, oh well.  He got paid $20M to go away.  Hard for me to sympathize.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

What is funny is how quiet some of the people who for sure thought we would be the next Tennessee are right now. Yet they are indirectly in this thread but that is none of my business.

giphy.gif

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

So, his team lost big to the nation's # 2  team and the haters are all rejoicing. We've got some very petty, small minded people on here. Some of you should be charging Gus rent, he sure does occupy a lot of space in your heads.

Do you know when I read or care about UCF? When someone here starts a thread about them. I hope Gus finds success and happiness down there, but beyond that his team isn't in the SEC and isn't a national factor so why pay any attention to it?

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

What is funny is how quiet some of the people who for sure thought we would be the next Tennessee are right now? Yet they are indirectly in this thread but that is none of my business.

giphy.gif

Who is being quiet? The odds that we will become the "next Tennessee" are very good. It takes three to four years to play out. Look at Florida, since we are discussing things south: They are already on their third coach after Urban Crier, and Mullen has now lost 6 of his last ten games, with UGA fixing to put number 7 on him.   His days there are getting short. Bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban.  A&M has gone through four since R. C. Slocum and Jimbo is still in question there.

We all hope Auburn gets lucky with the Harsin hire, but it will take luck. Those other schools thought they had hired a good candidate too. As I've said from the start, it takes around four years to learn if a coach is going to work out. "Next Tennessee's" are the norm, not the exception. UGA and Smart are the exception. The others I've listed here are the norm. Will AU be another Next Tennessee? Probably, but we won't know for some time yet.

13 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Who knows? Gus may have success at UCF after a few recruiting cycles. 

You say this like he has a proven ability to build great teams through recruiting and developing talent. 

That was our biggest problem at Auburn.     What makes you think the lack of recruiting and talent development will suddenly change?    

(Thats a critique on him as a coach  not a person. )    Shall we talk about his offense success as of late and ability to get the ball in the play makers hands? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

(Thats a critique on him as a coach  not a person. )

BINGO! I hope he's a great husband, grandfather, tips the offering plate on Sunday, and his dog is loyal.

How he coaches a program? I can want/think/expect that he'll drive his program's bus into a brick wall and that NEVER reflects on him the person.

The best doctors I've ever had were terrible people. If they can operate flawlessly on my kidney/back/knee, who cares what they do. This is THE SAME THING. We paid Gus 40 million dollars to replace our knee and he operated on our hair follicles. He can go get bent as a coach as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, augolf1716 said:

T-will defense looked awful

On 10/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, oracle79 said:

Seemed to remember someone saying that would happen.

To be fair, Cincinnati has made everyone they played look bad.