You don't say

bigbird

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who is being quiet? The odds that we will become the "next Tennessee" are very good. It takes three to four years to play out. Look at Florida, since we are discussing things south: They are already on their third coach after Urban Crier, and Mullen has now lost 6 of his last ten games, with UGA fixing to put number 7 on him.   His days there are getting short. Bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban.  A&M has gone through four since R. C. Slocum and Jimbo is still in question there.

We all hope Auburn gets lucky with the Harsin hire, but it will take luck. Those other schools thought they had hired a good candidate too. As I've said from the start, it takes around four years to learn if a coach is going to work out. "Next Tennessee's" are the norm, not the exception. UGA and Smart are the exception. The others I've listed here are the norm. Will AU be another Next Tennessee? Probably, but we won't know for some time yet.

Your definition of “next Tennessee” is very different from mine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yup.  Tennessee has had 8 losing seasons since the start of 2008.  We are and have not been anywhere near that.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup.  Tennessee has had 8 losing seasons since the start of 2008.  We are and have not been anywhere near that.

And two additional seasons have been six losses (this year almost certainly being the third), another five losses. It is remarkable how that program has seemingly done everything wrong.

Edited by AUwent

52 minutes ago, AUwent said:

From everybody’s tbh. Wake me up when our fans start throwing golf balls. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

From any

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

From everybody’s tbh. Wake me up when our fans start throwing golf balls. 

A section of our fandom would need to find their balls first

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

A section of our fandom would need to find their balls first

i saw a few miller tall boys in the trash pile.   Enough of those will have you throwing anything and everything 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

As of this Saturday night, they will also be 1-31 vs Bama and UF over their last 32 meetings. We’ve never came close to that kind of futility vs two rivals at once. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Next Tennessee refers to an inability to find a good coach who can last past 3 to 4 seasons. It has nothing to do with previous win/loss records. For actual information on how unlikely it is to have the first or even second guy you hire work out in the long term, look at my post that you quoted.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Next Tennessee refers to an inability to find a good coach who can last past 3 to 4 seasons. It has nothing to do with previous win/loss records. For actual information on how unlikely it is to have the first or even second guy you hire work out in the long term, look at my post that you quoted.

TN would’ve killed to have FL’s results over the last decade.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Look at Florida, since we are discussing things south: They are already on their third coach after Urban Crier, and Mullen has now lost 6 of his last ten games, with UGA fixing to put number 7 on him.   His days there are getting short. Bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban.  A&M has gone through four since R. C. Slocum and Jimbo is still in question there.

Florida 7 years between Urban and Mullen

Bama 11 years between Stallings and Saban

TAMU 15 years between Slocomb and Jimbo

Tennessee 13 years between Fulmer and Heupel 

Auburn...19 years between Dye and Harsin. 13 years between Tubs and Harsin. 

We were already the next tennessee with our carousel of coaches, inexplicable losses, lack of identity and late season collapses. Now, it seems, that we're not. It feels like 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I hope Gus and T-Will can turn it around and have success at UCF.  I wish him nothing but the best. He is a good man, and I'm not sure why posters here take such satisfaction in his struggles this season. He tried his best at Auburn, even if he wasn't as successful as everyone wanted. It's not like he did something disastrous like Chuck Person or Hugh Freeze or Bobby Petrino. It was time for a change, and it's done. 

It's pretty low class to want him to fail at UCF.  It's even worse to enjoy it when his team loses. 

i like gus. i hope he does well wherever he goes but he appears to be letting the game pass him by. and i think he was hurting auburn at the end and that is my honest belief and not a smear. so i am glad he is gone but i will forever hope he does well as long as it is not against auburn. and belle not trying to start something but my opinion is these kind of threads are a shot at SOME gus supporters. now before you get mad ask yourself why? i believe most of the folks not big on gus thought he was hurting their beloved auburn. i am doing a lot of thinking for other people on here and i could be wrong. i can say as much as i love auburn if i thought someone was hurting us i would not be high on gus. so i guess i am trying to say with most it is not hate for auburn but love for auburn if that makes you feel better. at least i hope it does.

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

As of this Saturday night, they will also be 1-31 vs Bama and UF over their last 32 meetings. We’ve never came close to that kind of futility vs two rivals at once. 

That's just unbelievable to me..................... if we were 1-31 vs bama and uga god almighty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Florida 7 years between Urban and Mullen

Bama 11 years between Stallings and Saban

TAMU 15 years between Slocomb and Jimbo

Tennessee 13 years between Fulmer and Heupel 

Auburn...19 years between Dye and Harsin. 13 years between Tubs and Harsin. 

We were already the next tennessee with our carousel of coaches, inexplicable losses, lack of identity and late season collapses. Now, it seems, that we're not. It feels like 

Coach Malzahn stuck here 8 years, Tubberville 10. AU doesn't fit the mold for constant ineffective hiring. We've beaten the odds so far.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

TN would’ve killed to have FL’s results over the last decade.

So they would have, but the pattern of being unable to hire a coach who will be successful long term that has plagued Tennessee is the norm. With all the resources at Florida, A&M and bammer before Saban, they all have had numerous failures. It's apparent that some luck is needed. Will AU be lucky again? We won't know for four years.

Edited by Mikey
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Coach Malzahn stuck here 8 years, Tubberville 10. AU doesn't fit the mold for constant ineffective hiring. We've beaten the odds so far.

So why use that mold to compare when you know we don't fit it.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That's just unbelievable to me..................... if we were 1-31 vs bama and uga god almighty

Yeah that wouldnt be pretty but if we kept going with Gus I think we would have trended that way. Nothing against Gus the man it's his coaching. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, his team lost big to the nation's # 2  team and the haters are all rejoicing. We've got some very petty, small minded people on here. Some of you should be charging Gus rent, he sure does occupy a lot of space in your heads.

Do you know when I read or care about UCF? When someone here starts a thread about them. I hope Gus finds success and happiness down there, but beyond that his team isn't in the SEC and isn't a national factor so why pay any attention to it?

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who is being quiet? The odds that we will become the "next Tennessee" are very good. It takes three to four years to play out. Look at Florida, since we are discussing things south: They are already on their third coach after Urban Crier, and Mullen has now lost 6 of his last ten games, with UGA fixing to put number 7 on him.   His days there are getting short. Bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban.  A&M has gone through four since R. C. Slocum and Jimbo is still in question there.

We all hope Auburn gets lucky with the Harsin hire, but it will take luck. Those other schools thought they had hired a good candidate too. As I've said from the start, it takes around four years to learn if a coach is going to work out. "Next Tennessee's" are the norm, not the exception. UGA and Smart are the exception. The others I've listed here are the norm. Will AU be another Next Tennessee? Probably, but we won't know for some time yet.

giphy.gif

Edited by autiger88

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So why use that mold to compare when you know we don't fit it.

This guy just concluded his own debate and doesn’t even know it. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The best doctors I've ever had were terrible people. If they can operate flawlessly on my kidney/back/knee, who cares what they do. This is THE SAME THING. We paid Gus 40 million dollars to replace our knee and he operated on our hair follicles. He can go get bent as a coach as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine if people had this same attitude towards our political leaders. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Same guy who said we had plenty of offensive line depth last year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Will AU be lucky again? We won't know for four years

Didn’t take four years with Dye and Harsin fwiw gives the same feel. Not many schools I would trade coaches with many right now but that’s jmo. Really like this guys’ offense….breath of fresh air. Granted just Arky but Saturdays win was huge.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

lol-i-seent-it.gif

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Same guy who said we had plenty of offensive line depth last year.

Last 4 years 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

We won't know for four years

If it takes four to figure it out, then you probably had your answer after two and either didn't see it or just refused to admit it.