Ole Miss Kickoff time set (threads merged)

Tony4AU

Kickoff time, TV set for Auburn's next game against Ole Miss

ByNathan King
2 minutes

Jenny Dell Recaps Auburn's Win Over No. 17 Arkansas

Auburn will host Ole Miss under the lights in an important division showdown.

In the Tigers' next game after their bye week, they'll play the Rebels (5-1, 2-1 SEC) at 6 p.m. CST inside Jordan-Hare Stadium, with the action set to be broadcast on ESPN, the SEC announced Monday morning.

Auburn has won five straight games over Ole Miss dating back to 2016, including a 35-28 win in Oxford last season. The Rebels' only loss of the season came at the hands of Alabama, and Lane Kiffin's team is fresh off a gutsy road win at Tennessee.

Ole Miss, now ranked No. 12 in the AP poll, hosts LSU this weekend.

A season-best performance from Bo Nix and some big plays down the stretch from Auburn's defense propelled the Tigers to a 38-23 win at then-No. 17 Arkansas on Saturday, snapping Auburn's six-game losing streak against ranked opponents. Auburn is now 5-2 (2-1 SEC) heading into its lone bye week. In his head-coaching career, Bryan Harsin is 7-1 coming off bye weeks.

10COMMENTS

"To be on the road and to win — and going into a bye week — man, all of these things are big for our program," Harsin said. "That gives us a chance to create some momentum as we go into this bye week and do some things. ... Now we have a chance to focus on ourselves and not focus on an opponent before we have to go play again in the next one, which will be good for us."

Auburn leads the all-time series against Ole Miss 34-10.

">247Sports
  • Thanks 1

7pm! It’s going to be looney tunes in JHS! Light show, Halloween fans, Night time. I like our chances in this one. Hopefully our fans don’t hurl cheap golf balls at Freshwater. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hopefully our fans don’t hurl cheap golf balls at Freshwater.

Imagine the entire student section dressed in yellow golf ball costumes.

If someone decided to quickly make them available, with a little less than two weeks to go, they could make a small fortune.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Ole Miss Kickoff time set (threads merged)
17 hours ago, Viper said:

If someone decided to quickly make them available, with a little less than two weeks to go, they could make a small fortune.

yellow trash bag and a black magic marker.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

7pm! It’s going to be looney tunes in JHS! Light show, Halloween fans, Night time. I like our chances in this one. Hopefully our fans don’t hurl cheap golf balls at Freshwater. 

Personally, I could not part with any from my collection of range balls that I play with, considering the attrition of about one per stroke. You seen the price of new balls? Kiffin certainly isn't worth it. Goes to show what idiots the uTk fans were. Parting with a perfectly good putt putt ball! Geeeesh.

Now, golf patterned beach balls, or plain beach balls DIY painted to look like golf balls, easy to carry-in and blow up, bouncing all across the student section at night. Can't hurt anyone, won't make it to the field unless there's a wind storm. If they trickle down to the hedge, ushers just collect them. That would be pretty cool, esp. on TV.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 7.15.49 PM.png

Edited by AUx
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, AUx said:

...spotted to look like golf balls, easy to carry-in and blow up, bouncing all across the student section at night. That would be pretty cool.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 7.15.49 PM.png

That's hilarious.  real beach balls size would be better.   Someone that is going to the game, need's to buy all 322 of them.    Pass a couple dozen out to tailgaters pregame,  and pass 200+ to the students as they enter.  The rest go to random sections in the stadium.   

Or, just sell them for $3 at Toomer's.  They will make their way into the stadium.  LOL.

322 beach balls in the flashing lights  (that is like..?  2-3 per section in JHS.)

It would even matter that they are not yellow.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

That's hilarious.    Someone that is going to the game, need's to buy all 322 of them.    Pass a couple dozen out to tailgaters pregame,  and pass 200+ to the students as they enter.  The rest go to random sections in the stadium.   

Or, just sell them for $3 at Toomer's.  They will make their way into the stadium.  LOL.

322 beach balls in the flashing lights  with students in costumes.    

Guerilla marketing. Not hard. Auburn, when you get ready to crank up the media exposure (vs same 'ol), call me.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1

Just now, AUx said:

Guerilla marketing. Not hard. Auburn, when you get ready, call me.

Call put in.   

Would be really funny   if we could get 75,000 of them.   Pretty much everyone carry one in in their pocket.  Blow it up at halftime  and chunk them on the field.  We could turn the stadium into the worlds largest  ball pit.  

Ball Pit Cleaning | How do you clean all those balls? Great 6 step process!  - Green Fox

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, AUx said:

Personally, I could not part with any from my collection of range balls that I play with, considering the attrition of about one per stroke. You seen the price of new balls?

Sad Holy Grail GIF by Monty Python

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Call put in.   

Would be really funny   if we could get 75,000 of them.   Pretty much everyone carry one in in their pocket.  Blow it up at halftime  and chunk them on the field.  We could turn the stadium into the worlds largest  ball pit.  

Ball Pit Cleaning | How do you clean all those balls? Great 6 step process!  - Green Fox

Is it too late to turn just the entire visitor sideline into a ball pit or maybe just the coaches box...besides obviously filling the visitor booth full as well

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Aubie doesn't dress up as a golfer or giant mustard bottle during the game, we have a problem.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:09 PM, Viper said:

Aubie, at least, should have one to wear.