Our Future Is Looking Bright!

autiger88

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

We've thrown for 250+ yards in four straight games for the first time since 2004.

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Haha 6

Our 38-23 victory at No. 17 Arkansas is the Tigers’ largest margin of victory in a road game against an AP Top 25 opponent since a 26-10 win at No. 25 Texas A&M in 2015.

We've now won consecutive road games for the first time since 2017.

We've thrown for 250+ yards in four straight games for the first time since 2004.

We've outscored Arkansas 261-87 during its current six-game winning streak against the Razorbacks, an average score of 43.5-14.5.

Bo Nix’s 23-yard touchdown run in our win at Arkansas today is the longest TD run of his career.

"The Harsin Era" 😎 🔥 🐅

(Source: Scott Scroggins)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

"The Harsin Era" 😎 🔥 🐅

Lets hope so. We won't really know until around three years from today but we are off to a solid start. To date, we've beaten two teams we beat last year and lost to a team we lost to last year. While that's pretty much what I expected, I'm hoping for a big step up later in the year. Wins at A&M and in the Iron Bowl would be impressive.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

A win against Ole Miss would be massive. Wow. Night game too. Cannot wait. We need a ROWDY crowd for that one. Let’s create some new fun stats shall we?

Apparently Matt is pretty banged up as well. I wonder will he play against LSU? I do hope Ole Miss wins to set up an exciting match up.

• Like 3

Our 38-23 victory at No. 17 Arkansas is the Tigers’ largest margin of victory in a road game against an AP Top 25 opponent since a 26-10 win at No. 25 Texas A&M in 2015.

We've now won consecutive road games for the first time since 2017.

We've outscored Arkansas 261-87 during its current six-game winning streak against the Razorbacks, an average score of 43.5-14.5.

Bo Nix’s 23-yard touchdown run in our win at Arkansas today is the longest TD run of his career.

"The Harsin Era" 😎 🔥 🐅

(Source: Scott Scroggins)

These are great stats

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Yeah that was my reaction too when I saw it 😂 I was damn we havent thrown the ball a whole lot though so 😎 but I'll take it. 

19 minutes ago, woodford said:

A win against Ole Miss would be massive. Wow. Night game too. Cannot wait. We need a ROWDY crowd for that one. Let’s create some new fun stats shall we?

I'm on the mindset right now that even if we lose I'm loving what I'm seeing. This offense will be deadly in the next couple of years when we get some depth. It's already better than what we've seen last 20 years 😎

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lets hope so. We won't really know until around three years from today but we are off to a solid start. To date, we've beaten two teams we beat last year and lost to a team we lost to last year. While that's pretty much what I expected, I'm hoping for a big step up later in the year. Wins at A&M and in the Iron Bowl would be impressive.

I would say that the two teams we beat from last year, are both much better than they were last year. Arky especially and they both were road games as well. 

You are right though, a lot left to see to fully know where we are headed, but a great start none the less.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Apparently Matt is pretty banged up as well. I wonder will he play against LSU? I do hope Ole Miss wins to set up an exciting match up.

Didn't he run the ball 37 times last game???  Hoping LSU bangs him up a bit more.

• Like 2

Just now, fishepa said:

Didn't he run the ball 37 times last game???  Hoping LSU bangs him up a bit more.

Yep they have a pass run option that he was killing Tennessee on. I don't know how many times he actually ran it but when he did it was very successful. Guys got to be discipline with him.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am just happy we are using the freaking TEs. 

Lol. Were you that guy I always heard in the stands screaming “throw it to the damned tight end!!!”?

For a first year coaching change, this team is impressive. Admittingly, AU football is like watching the news, at times, the experience can be painful and exhausting but I am proud of this team and they have surpassed my early-on expectations. I agree, Ole Miss will be a good measuring stick. After the UT/Ole Miss debacle, golf ball counts will be strictly monitored. 🏌️‍♂️ 

Corral is real deal after one hit in Tenn. game, it seemed his throwing shoulder was banged up as he made some weak throws and kept rotating arm after the throws so he started using his legs more but after a while his arm seemed to come back.  He did take a beating in that game.  He is a total gamer who wants to win at any cost unlike most QB's he doesn't slide to avoid contact which long term won't be good for his career. Basically we need to spy on him designed QB draw plays were big in the UT game and only reason he didn't have a 200 yard rushing game was a sack near end of game.

We can beat Ole miss but will take a very good offensive game and we must slow down (I didn't say stop) the Ole Miss. offense. At this point I think it is a toss up as I watched Corral against Tenn. and that very loud crowd had no impact on him or their O. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Lol. Were you that guy I always heard in the stands screaming “throw it to the damned tight end!!!”?

image.gif

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Corral is real deal after one hit in Tenn. game, it seemed his throwing shoulder was banged up as he made some weak throws and kept rotating arm after the throws so he started using his legs more but after a while his arm seemed to come back.  He did take a beating in that game.  He is a total gamer who wants to win at any cost unlike most QB's he doesn't slide to avoid contact which long term won't be good for his career. Basically we need to spy on him designed QB draw plays were big in the UT game and only reason he didn't have a 200 yard rushing game was a sack near end of game.

We can beat Ole miss but will take a very good offensive game and we must slow down (I didn't say stop) the Ole Miss. offense. At this point I think it is a toss up as I watched Corral against Tenn. and that very loud crowd had no impact on him or their O. 

Agree.

But OM is going to take their deep shots with those WRs and the arm of Corral. I am concerned how far off our DBs end up allowing for easy catches by WRs.

If we can hold them to any FGs AND as you say we have to be on all cylinders with our offense, then we will outscore them. If we can't contain them at least a few series each half, we may be playing catchup in the 4th qtr.

55 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

You'd have to be more specific. There are hundreds if not thousand of those guys....myself included. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep they have a pass run option that he was killing Tennessee on. I don't know how many times he actually ran it but when he did it was very successful. Guys got to be discipline with him.

Yep, that's the key to the game right there. I'm less concerned with his passing game, we face that every week. What is unique about him is his running game and we have to keep that in check. He uses that threat to open up his passing game. On our side we have a QB that can run just as well as him and that means they will have to deal with the same issue. It comes down to which defense can adjust better.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Yep, that's the key to the game right there. I'm less concerned with his passing game, we face that every week. What is unique about him is his running game and we have to keep that in check. He uses that threat to open up his passing game. On our side we have a QB that can run just as well as him and that means they will have to deal with the same issue. It comes down to which defense can adjust better.   

Good point ! Bo definitely could demonstrate that in practice or DD!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

I said several games ago that Kiffin thinks Corral is Cam. He’s good, but he cannot withstand the punishment through an entire SEC schedule…not with his frame. Cam finally got injured against Oregon. Surprised he wasn’t injured sooner. 

Duh he’s banged up. 

A couple of bad play calls from a 6-1 team that's probably top 8ish rn...as good an opening season as you can ask for

Just need to plug this guy with a couple ace recruiters and he's on his way 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1