Transfers this Year

AUght2win

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Lot of scrutiny on Harsin's recruiting so far, and that's fair. But let's appreciate the recruiting he did in the transfer portal, and how he selectively filled several holes immediately. 

- Marcus Harris had a tremendous game at Arkansas and is getting better each week.

- Leota is one of our best pass rushers. 4 sacks and 7 TFL.

- Kauffman has been a versatile addition to the secondary, getting a ton of snaps. 

- TJ Finley saved our season and has pushed Bo to another level. Hopefully he sticks around. 

- Demetris Robertson has been a good role-player in a debilitated receiver room. 300+ yards and 4 total touchdowns. 

Harsin seems to have a very good awareness of the pieces he has and what pieces he needs. Of course, I want CBH to pull in big fish like everyone else. But maybe this could instill some trust in who he pursues, regardless of rating. 

HE did an absolute stand up job in the portal. I was skeptical of bringing all the defensive transfers at first (especially secondary) because while I did think we could use more depth, I thought we had pretty good pieces there. It is pretty telling when you look at our 2 deep and the number of these guys either starting or making an impact.

Tony Fair- Starter NT

Marcus Harris- Starter DT

D. Kauffman- Starter NB

Brighton- Starter/ next man S

Eku Leota - Starter/Next Man Edge - I look for him to remain a starter with how well he has played of late.

D. Robertson- Starter WR.

TJ Finley- Saved the season as you said, and is definitely playing a role in the improvement of Bo Nix.

Ro Torrence- 2 deep at CB

It is impressive. Most of these guys we have for multiple years, too. We will lose Fair and Robertson, but the rest all have at least 1 more year if not 2-3.

• Like 2

Speaking of which, Dreshun Miller hasn't seen much time. I see he is listed as a SR on our page and I remember he was coming here under the guise of 1 and done, but that obviously hasn't panned out. I know he gets an extra year for Covid so he can come back next year, but could he possibly RS this year and have 2 more years to play? That could be huge. @Zeek @ellitor some of you recruiting nuts probably will know this.

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Speaking of which, Dreshun Miller hasn't seen much time. I see he is listed as a SR on our page and I remember he was coming here under the guise of 1 and done, but that obviously hasn't panned out. I know he gets an extra year for Covid so he can come back next year, but could he possibly RS this year and have 2 more years to play? That could be huge. @Zeek @ellitor some of you recruiting nuts probably will know this.

Yea I thought Miller was supposed to start or at least get significant reps. Thought the vandy kid would play more knowing the scheme as well

5 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yea I thought Miller was supposed to start or at least get significant reps. Thought the vandy kid would play more knowing the scheme as well

We all thought Miller would come in and compete right away for snaps, just couldn't beat out the guys we already have. It is good to know that we have a player with the resume and caliber of Miller sitting on the bench though. Good problem to have.

KAuffman has started  nearly every game and has seen a ton of playing time....not following you on that part.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He has one more year and would be a fool not to use it. He won't redshirt.

A theme from this staff is that the best guy doesn't necessarily start. It's more about the effort and consistency at practice (being on time and such).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I know he gets an extra year for Covid so he can come back next year, but could he possibly RS this year and have 2 more years to play?

Likely doesn't matter. He's not grasping the playbook well & is not happy here. He likely moves on regardless. He would have at most 1 more season should he choose to use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Good problem to have.

Not really given he ain't happy & struggling with the playbook.

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

KAuffman has started  nearly every game and has seen a ton of playing time....not following you on that part.

Not in the last game or 2.

• Like 2

Very strong pulls for the most part, especially the D-line guys. Only one I scratch my head over a little bit is Ingram. I know we were desperate for depth, but I'm not sure he ever cracks the rotation with Alston and others coming up the pipeline. Also got passed up by Sean Jackson early in camp. Maybe he turns into a stud, but sorta wish we had found a grad transfer with only a year there

34 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Haven't heard his name much and also thought he was a GT. didn't realize he was recent class until I looked it up. 

Unfortunately for the secondary I only notice when they break up a pass or get beat.. hard not to focus on LOS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not really given he ain't happy & struggling with the playbook.

Not in the last game or 2.

I havent rewatched either of the last two games, but I do recall seeing a lot more Puckett at S, who has been playing NB?

Now he’s gone have to get in that portal and get us some quality OL. We have like 2 freshmen contributors this year (King and Hunter) all the other guys are looking like redshirts

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Now he’s gone have to get in that portal and get us some quality OL. We have like 2 freshmen contributors this year (King and Hunter) all the other guys are looking like redshirts

For sure. I will say that Zierer's breakout the other day makes me feel so much better for next year if it's not a fluke. Convince Trox and Coffey to come back and compete for RT, and get a LT out the portal to compete with Z. Then convince one of Hamm/Jackson/Manning to come back and play LG. Not sure what we do for Center though, as Irvin hasn't shown much and Bobo probably needs a year. May have to get one out the portal. Feel a lot better though than a week ago

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He would need to RS to have 1 more year. He is a Super SR this year. He played in 2020 as a regular Sr at WVU.

I may be incorrect but his eligibility started in 2017 at a JUCO.  Was there ‘17 & ‘18.  Transferred to WV.  Redshirted in ‘19 but also had an injury.  Was it regular or medical one? Played last year.  Transferred to Auburn this season.  He could have one year left.  

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I literally forgot he was on the team. I really had thought he would have been a force. Good catch. 

40 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I may be incorrect but his eligibility started in 2017 at a JUCO.  Was there ‘17 & ‘18.  Transferred to WV.  Redshirted in ‘19 but also had an injury.  Was it regular or medical one? Played last year.  Transferred to Auburn this season.  He could have one year left.  

He’s got another year. He said he would be one and done at Auburn but it hasn’t worked out for him yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

@Tony4AU Juco years count against a player's 5 year eligibility & always have. Correct on the injury. I just read the years he was at WVU, not specifically what he did in 2019 which was RS. So he's a Super JR this year but still with him not getting the playbook & not being happy I think he moves on.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

YEa I don't see any other Frosh not redshirting this year unless something bad happens and thy are forced into these last few games. I am ok with that. Get Lee Hunter and and Dylan Brooks bulked up for next year along with T Dawson. Dawson is one I expected to see though. 

52 minutes ago, au302 said:

For sure. I will say that Zierer's breakout the other day makes me feel so much better for next year if it's not a fluke. Convince Trox and Coffey to come back and compete for RT, and get a LT out the portal to compete with Z. Then convince one of Hamm/Jackson/Manning to come back and play LG. Not sure what we do for Center though, as Irvin hasn't shown much and Bobo probably needs a year. May have to get one out the portal. Feel a lot better though than a week ago

KZ 77 looked really good especially pass pro. He didn't allow a single pressure either I don't think. I don't think he is as good in run blocking as Trox, but the whole unit has struggled there so I honestly think KZ is the better option right now (if he can continue the way he played last week.

51 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I could have sworn when we first started targeting him that it was said he was coming trying to be a 1 and done, but there was a scenario where he could play 2 more years. It is so hard to keep up with especially with all the transfers and extra year thing. Maybe I am mistaken I guess. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Tony4AU Juco years count against a player's 5 year eligibility & always have. Correct on the injury. I just read the years he was at WVU, not specifically what he did in 2019 which was RS. So he's a Super JR this year but still with him not getting the playbook & not being happy I think he moves on.

ok Thanks for clearing that up, because it was driving me nuts. I could have sworn he had another year. I was going to take you at your word though E because I have mad faith in you. I believe in you, bud.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I think Coffey, Hamm, Jackson, Manning are all seniors iirc

41 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Coffey should be able to come back as a super senior next season since last year doesn’t count. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I think they're all eligible for super senior seasons, but I'm not sure. Who knows if they'd even want to come back if they could

12 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

hard not to focus on LOS

One of the most difficult things I had to learn when I first started "watching" film.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, au302 said:

I think they're all eligible for super senior seasons, but I'm not sure. Who knows if they'd even want to come back if they could

I think there will be some "6th" year guys that we either tell to move on or will move on their own.  Coffey is the only Sr I've heard that we really want back.

We'll need to take 3-5 OL in the portal.  I'm still shocked we didn't take any last year.

• Like 1