Is McAuliffe about to lose Virginia?

DKW 86

Terry McAuliffe Quits Interview After Questions On Crime, Education, Vaccine: "Should Have Asked Better Questions"
Posted By Tim Hains

On Date October 19, 2021

Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidate walked out early during an interview with DC's ABC 7 WJLA. Watch the full interview with McAuliffe and Republican rival Glenn Youngkin here, via WJLA.

The final question is: "Would you require kids in schools to get vaccinated? Whether that’s for attending school in person or participating in school sports?"

A political candidate that doesn’t like the questions asked?  How odd.  A candidate that is pressed by reporters and he folds like a cheap lawn chair?  He doesn’t have answers to pertinent questions during a campaign?  Ordinarily, this guy is toast.  It would be better if he just stayed in the basement.

Having Obama stump for him and the VP talking to black churches via video (is that legal for a 501C3 institution?), chances are he wins.

Our current occupant of the White House isn't too enamored with the whole answering questions thing, either, so the example has been set.

"Ask better questions" is most likely code for "I need questions for which I have a canned answer that makes me look informed."

It'll maybe be a little closer than expected, but the swamp critters and the associated worker bees in NoVa will push McAuliffe through, I figure. 

Should have just done like politicians in Alabama do: 

Both Kay Ivey and Tuberville refused to ever do any debates with their opponents or do any media interviews or appearances and they both won easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I said in another post:  “It would be better if he just stayed in the basement.”

49 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Should have just done like politicians in Alabama do: 

Both Kay Ivey and Tuberville refused to ever do any debates with their opponents or do any media interviews or appearances and they both won easily. 

I knew we could find common ground.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Our current occupant of the White House isn't too enamored with the whole answering questions thing, either, so the example has been set.

"Ask better questions" is most likely code for "I need questions for which I have a canned answer that makes me look informed."

It'll maybe be a little closer than expected, but the swamp critters and the associated worker bees in NoVa will push McAuliffe through, I figure. 

Agree

I don't know how much weight Wilder's viewpoint carries these days in VA, but he's not exactly enthusiastic about fellow Democrat McAuliffe.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Have to admit that I'm surprised at the extent of the party control flip in Virginia.

From D to R:

* Governor

* Lt. Gov (a black woman who is also a Marine vet)

* Attorney General (parents fled from Cuba)

* House of Delegates (from 55-45 D to 52-48 R)

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

Bump...

Have to admit that I'm surprised at the extent of the party control flip in Virginia.

From D to R:

* Governor

* Lt. Gov (a black woman who is also a Marine vet)

* Attorney General (parents fled from Cuba)

* House of Delegates (from 55-45 D to 52-48 R)

That’s what happens when your whole message is “but Trump…..”

https://www.persuasion.community/p/wake-up-democrats?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxNjM3ODcxOCwicG9zdF9pZCI6NDM0NjY0OTMsIl8iOiJseHV6LyIsImlhdCI6MTYzNTk0Njg5MywiZXhwIjoxNjM1OTUwNDkzLCJpc3MiOiJwdWItNjE1NzkiLCJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.xNJ6Jbdf_x8TNHy08o4dQ-L

Education is typically a Democratic strength. According to polls, the same was true in Virginia as recently as August: at the time, 36% of voters trusted McAuliffe more on education and schools than Youngkin; 31% trusted Youngkin more. But by mid-October, Youngkin had come to lead McAuliffe on that same question by 39% to 38%. The shift was even starker among voters who ranked education as their number one priority. They favored McAuliffe by a staggering 33 points in September; by late October, they leaned towards Youngkin by 9 points.

Folks, they are pointing to a 42 point shift in views of who was best for Education among those that said Education was their #1 Priority. 42 POINT SHIFT in maybe 60 days. Something massive had to have happened. I bet it was the TM gaffe about "parents should not be telling Educators and School Boards what to teach." Calling Concerned Parents Domestic Terrorists.  

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Folks, they are pointing to a 42 point shift in views of who was best for Education among those that said Education was their #1 Priority. 42 POINT SHIFT in maybe 60 days. Something massive had to have happened. I bet it was the TM gaffe about "parents should not be telling Educators and School Boards what to teach." Calling Concerned Parents Domestic Terrorists.

He might have survived this, but in October the Loudoun School Board was proven to be liars and tried to cover up the rape of a 15 YO girl just to promote their transgender agenda.  The press (not he left leaning media, but investigative reporters) started digging and TM never acknowledged any of it or condemn the school board.  Couple that with some odd political stunts, like having *white supremist* with tiki torches and a *white supremist* in a brand new jean jacket with a brand new small confederate flag on the back show up at Youngkin rallies and that’s all that was needed.

An oddly run campaign by McAuliffe.

• Dislike 1