2023 softball recruiting

10 hours ago, blakem said:

So far I believe we have three commits

Chalea Clemmons

Kyla Stroud

Thalia Martin

Outstanding. According to Extra Inning's ratings, Stroud is ranked #12, Martin ranked #15 and Clemmons ranked #28. 

• Like 1

Don't know their positions, but I hope they can all HIT with power....welcome to Auburn!!!!

15 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Don't know their positions, but I hope they can all HIT with power....welcome to Auburn!!!!

If they can hit CMD can find them a place to play. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Stroud & Clemmons have a lot of power. Martin can do so as well, but more of just a good hitter/athlete. 

Obviously I do not know Dean’s plan regarding the extra year of eligibility, but if he keeps the same pattern as last year, we will lose Yarbrough after the 2022 season. Assuming no injuries or transfers, we will lose Dismukes after the 2023 season and both Lowe and Penta after the 2024 season. 

Rolfe would replace Yarbrough next year, but we will need to pick up at least 3 pitchers between the 2023 and 2024 classes to maintain at least 4 pitchers on the staff for the 2024 / 2025 season.

I’m not sure if Dean plans for Clemmons’ primary position to be pitcher, but it seems like he is actively recruiting a few others in 2023 class. We won’t know about the 2024 class until September 1st of next year. 

Edited by Jad0003

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, blakem said:

She just committed to AU. She is on the same team as Thalia Martin and they visited together a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the update! Huge pickup for Coach Dean in the 2023 class. We needed a good pitching recruit for this class, and she is one of the last remaining ones. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:56 PM, blakem said:

So far I believe we have three commits

Chalea Clemmons

Kyla Stroud

Thalia Martin

Add an outstanding pitching & hitting prospect in Malayna Tamborra. Think she is top 10-15 level overall recruit. She gave her commitment yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wmsau said:

Add an outstanding pitching & hitting prospect in Malayna Tamborra. Think she is top 10-15 level overall recruit. She gave her commitment yesterday.

I'd love to have a player we aren't afraid to use at the plate as well as the circle. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, blakem said:

Don’t know a ton about this one. All I know is that she is a MIF and the sister of Maddie Penta.

Saw something from FloSoftball  that seemed to be in the #15 to #20 type player. 

31 minutes ago, auburnfan247 said:

New commit!! 🚨🚨🚨

2023 Gianna Poletti

Pos: SS/MIF

DB4DADEC-2DE1-46A0-AAC7-60E15FF98478.png

Just beat me to it. Anyone with a subscription know if she is ranked or what she is ranked?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Just beat me to it. Anyone with a subscription know if she is ranked or what she is ranked?

I couldn’t find her on EIS’s 2023 list. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Could someone with an extra innings subscription possibly update the player rankings and class ranking for our 2023 class. I read where Chalea Clemmons had a significant jump.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:19 PM, blakem said:

Could someone with an extra innings subscription possibly update the player rankings and class ranking for our 2023 class. I read where Chalea Clemmons had a significant jump.

@Jad0003

8 hours ago, blakem said:

Softball America updated their ranking recently, but I don’t have a subscription to their website. Not sure where any of our recruits are on their list. 

EIS won’t update 2023s until October or November to coordinate with signing day. I’ll share all our recruits ranking and commentary. EIS is about to start 2024s to align with September 1st, so I’ll share the same for any player who commits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

Softball America updated their ranking recently, but I don’t have a subscription to their website. Not sure where any of our recruits are on their list. 

EIS won’t update 2023s until October or November to coordinate with signing day. I’ll share all our recruits ranking and commentary. EIS is about to start 2024s to align with September 1st, so I’ll share the same for any player who commits.

Thanks so much